4.6 Known Issues

I’m not familiar with exploits. My guild, myself and I’ll presume many others, wish to play and be able to complete zones & regions. So, now we can do 1-3 rounds, perhaps, and hit a brick wall?
That’s not a healthy or acceptable game mode.

5 Likes

It wasn’t an “exploit” in the usual sense, they are using it as a term to mean “playing surge in such a way that grants more gold than the way recommended in the tutorial, thanks to the way we designed it”

The update won’t prevent that. What it definitely does seem to prevent though, is the actual “proper” playing of surge :joy:

It seems that for guild members without a very powerful roster, unless they get their hits in the first couple of waves, they aren’t going to have many options they can sensibly defeat…

The power bump needs to reset when regions/waves are cleared. :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

Once again we are getting the short end of the stick :frowning:

Honestly reading all these bugs and the fact that a lot of heroes “refreshed” received a decrease in stats with absolutely no response from the team makes me very negative and reduces my already low motivation to play anymore

3 Likes

This also comes at a time where guild activity across the board is surely very, very low.

Being able to bump the surge multiplier up over 120% definitely encouraged more people to make an effort to hit so they could earn some nice gold.

Now I’m looking at our surge this morning after a few waves have been cleared - there are very few tiles from 1 to 20 that anyone other than our top 4-5 players have any hope of beating.

Where are our members going to get their gold? This hurts them far more than the players it was intended to.

4 Likes

Well obviously we have to buy it
Like everything else!

This game is getting more p2w by the day… which really sucks

3 Likes

Can I add one more issue, if that’s OK?
Apparently, a MAJORITY of the Friend Campaigns suddenly shot up to “Hard” difficulty, not a single “Medium”…well, except for my Jasmine-Shank Campaign, which stayed on “Easy”.

1 Like

Not only that, almost all scalings on refreshed heroes were decreased, and patch notes clearly stated everything is going to be increased.
Wasn’t Cinderella enough of disappointment?

6 Likes

@Nugget what I find pretty unfair is that all the spots scale up to the current cap.

Maybe they should only go up to (max rank + 1 - no. of Surge district) rank. So for 1 it would be Y24, but, say, District 10 could only scale by rank up to Y15, making some slight margin (even though some heroes have such crazy scaling they can delete Y23 enemies so uhhhh…)

Or maybe change the scaling system to gain a rank every 8 or 10 levels instead of 5… now it’s like Invasion… pretty unfair.

2 Likes

@Nugget y’all really need to reverse the ‘fix’ you have made on Surge because it is now impossible to hit any area at all and win! my guild varies from 20m power to 2b power and its now impossible for anyone other than the top 4-5 players to actually hit surge and win, therefore decreasing their gold intake dramatically. with surge being the only place (other than selling our stock) that we get gold, and the now very expensive badges and skills, gold is a must have, I and by the looks of it, everyone in this thread and on the game, hate what you have done to surge. please put it back to the way it was before the update. it was difficult enough before with Baymax on every district. Now it is impossible. please reverse this ridiculous part of the update.

Edit: also, the way you have changed the districts power is ridiculous. 19 is now less powerful than 20 and 27 is stupidly high. it is confusing and it doesn’t work and we (as the players who play the game) are not happy.

6 Likes

I don’t know whose brilliant idea was that to “fix” surge. But the power scaling was horrible to say the least. Check the picture above :neutral_face::neutral_face::neutral_face: Previously, it was only about 100M+

Frankly, we don’t know what the exploit was or was it any exploit in the first place. For all we know, this all could be some reason they made up to justify the change they made in surge. Not the first time they tried their best to decrease the gold we earn in surge​:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes: and certainly not the last :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

10 Likes

Well, this was my fear and obviously it is a reality now. The only source for gold for players of every power level was Surge. It seems obsolete now.
How can I encourage beginning players to participate at all? By giving them a time bracket? To stay with this logic it would be sensible to aks stronger players to hit later? This won’t work.
I can’t ask players from different time zones to play a certain game mode at a certain time bracket. It’s like being forced to play at a certain time. This is overbearing.
The idea of endless Surge was that everyone who came on could hit tiles at any time they please as long as regions were completed.
What a shame.
Edit: Another broken game instance.

2 Likes

This is the obvious solution I think. The intended effect of making single tile spam more difficult would remain, but it would allow everyone to participate as they always have as long as waves are cleared, which is presumably how they intend surge to be played.

It’s not unusual that game modifications like this are made with the players having to point out flaws in them after the fact.

5 Likes

the obvious solution is to reverse that part of the update ASAP (like today) and put surge back to how it was before the update. I have nearly 2B power on Server 21 and I can’t clear the ‘easy’ districts, so god knows how the smaller players in my guild are meant to. It’s ridiculous. It needs to be reversed, put back how it was before yesterdays update, and be left alone,

as it is (without selling stock) the only way we can get gold. and like I said earlier

are gonna be even harder to get because we can’t get the gold due to the ridiculous surge changes

3 Likes

@Nugget @Loutre
can we please get an update to this
people are discussing to quit playing because of the change in surge as there is no place to get gold anymore

Even just a “we are discussing we will provide an update shortly”
Radio silence is not good, especially at the moment.

8 Likes

I’m catching up on the discussion and feedback and passing it along to the team as I go!

5 Likes

this is our surge with 20 mins left - nobody wants to hit a full board of Y20+ lines!

5 Likes

Well I did mention an easier solution… to cap the “easier” spots at a lower rank.

They could still gain levels and skill levels but not ranks which are essential for HP…

And as I mentioned there are still heroes killing Y23 characters even at Y5… so uhhhhhh.

1 Like

I had my best gold haul ever today in surge and our guilds best ever surge coin and multiplier and tier level ever also

1 Like

Server 21:

here is just a SMALL preview of how our server feels about the disastrous change in surge

Server 21: Rank 9th Guild (Pandy & itsamyxo at 2B power players)

2 Likes

the best option would be to just reverse it back to how it was tbh. There was actually nothing wrong with Surge in the first place

3 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney