4.7 Known Issues

In all honesty, this was the best fix @Yunno

Samm please remove if the below is not allowed to be discussed.
I have been tracking the last 4 wars, for the top MMR and seeing them move (top 18 guilds on S1)

MMR at the start of the season was explained in the War QoL Post.

When a guild wins they gain 98 points, the other guild loses 18 points
If the winning guild had the lower MMR, they gain 1/2 extra points (I suspect this is linked to a % of difference between MMR) and the other guild lose the 1/2 extra points.

The guilds have then been matched with a guild within 3 places of their position in global ranked MMR for the next war (with the exception of the start of war season, where the difference was 5 places and possibly due to the guilds having faced the guilds within their ā€œrangeā€ recently) as leagues are no longer taken into account when matched

@Yunno your MMR jumped a lot as you won 3 matches if my calculations are correct, and therefore matched against a higher MMR guild - the next war should then be a smaller guild as your MMR will decrease after your loss today.

All in all, guilds will keep moving up and down, facing one strong guild and then a weaker guild due to the loss.
It is much more balanced at a top guild level, and I expect it to be the same in medium tier guilds where guilds will be matched with a lot more random guilds over time instead of the same 10 guilds in Legendary fighting it out week in and week out.

@Samm if I could suggest a point for discussion or consideration:
What if you give the weaker guild a % increase in power to make it a more fair fight.
If the weaker guild loses, no change and at least they had more of a chance to win
if the weaker guild wins, adjust the MMR to not overly penalise the losing guild due to the adjusted power. The stronger guild will know they lost due to power adjustment and wonā€™t care as their next fight will be an easier war due to the loss.

I know it is difficult to implement, but there is a massive gap in guilds facing each other and honestly, facing a small guild is not fun if you walk over them, and facing a massive guild is also not fun knowing you canā€™t win. So there is only a handful of fights where it is close and fun for both guilds at the moment.

2 Likes

+100 for a win and -20 for a loss so far

Iā€™m also disappointed (but not entirely surprised) that the new Surge scaling hasnā€™t been tweaked, but presumably this is because their data shows that most players are coping well with it. My guild arenā€™t, either :frowning:

2 Likes

The win is right with adding 100 but for the lost one is -13 and the other -17 on two different guilds it probably depends how much you lost and how high you are in the leagues.

2 Likes

Could you send me screenshots for those please?

2 Likes

Thatā€™s why I asked how it calculated!!! Because itā€™s not same numbers on winning or losing!!

1 Like

They wont tell us exactly how it is calculated
But i gave you an explanation within 2 points variance
Surely that is enough?

2 Likes

@Samm

Massive lag continues on Server 1 every time shops refresh
That is 4 times a day that players cannot do anything ingame for 15-20 minutes

Is this being looked at?

Seriously getting frustrated if I only have 15 minutes to play due to a break at work or on the bus, and now I cant do anything for 15 minutesā€¦

On the plus side, it gives me 15 minutes 4x a day to look for a new gameā€¦

Also, can the team please stop telling players it is our internet
It is impossible that 100s of players over 6 continents using 100s of different service providers can have the same 15 minutes of internet disruptionsā€¦

4 Likes

it was lagging out for me yesterday at 4pm GMT (2h before invasion start) for around 20 mins, and thereā€™s no particular refreshing or events that start/end at that time other than deals :thinking:

s1 feels seriously underpowered for the load itā€™s got on it atm

3 Likes

There is actually:

Deals also affect it

3pm GMT is only deal refreshes too

3 Likes

Here you go

Screenshot 2023-02-28 at 10.49.34
Screenshot 2023-02-28 at 11.00.23

2 Likes

The MMR of the two guilds were identical
Therefore I believe the 18 points normally lost was adjusted down to 17 to compensate

2 Likes

The bottom is 13 to let you know even though its hard to see

2 Likes

How do I submit a ticket?

2 Likes

Go to ingame support?

2 Likes

Whereā€™s that?

2 Likes

https://perblue.helpshift.com/hc/en/3-disney-heroes/faq/134-how-do-i-contact-support/?p=web

See the help section of the FAQ

You would have also got this information when you first started your game

2 Likes

Got it.

I know I was up to something. The first and second rules have been reversed from where they ought to be. For the first rule in weeks 1-4, Attackers cannot use heroes in battle if that hero is in the defender lineup, so the second rule in weeks 2-4 had to be where normal critical hits are disabled.

1 Like

On the one hand, guilds wonā€™t start a season with 0 MMR; the top 10 guilds will start in the range of 610-700 MMR, with other guilds ranking below that in some vaguely-specified manner.

On the other hand, mid-power guilds, and more than a few high-power ones, will probably need to win 8 or 9 wars to reach Legendary rank, so yes, we can expect to see a lot fewer guilds reaching that level.

On the third hand, rewards are much improved over the old War Crates, so even guilds that win just a few wars per season will almost certainly see an increase in what they get.

On the fourth hand, the rewards for Legendary are significantly greater than the rewards for other ranking tiers; as it looks like everyone that starts with an MMR less than around 540 will be hard pressed to reach Legendary, the new rewards system seems destined to be another case of ā€œthem as has, getsā€.

On the fifth han-- nah, Iā€™ve carried that gag too long already. Anyway, Iā€™m not saying the new system is garbage give us back the old one right now or else, but I am concerned with the way things are shaping up. While itā€™ll take a few months of using this new system to really determine how well it does in recognizing guilds that try hard and play war well, I do think itā€™s already clear that it would be helpful to raise the rewards for at least the Platinum and Challenger tiers.

3 Likes

Itā€™ll also use the consumables without my consent. Sometimes I save some and when I come back to the game, my skill points are at like 100 and my consumables are gone. Now I have none left but I didnā€™t want to use themā€¦ It happened a few times to me this week. Can that be fixed? I want to keep my skill points consumables and let the skill point refill on their own with time like itā€™s supposed to.

4 Likes

Some of my comments were not friendly (not in my opinion but hey) so they were hidden, fine. But now even the normal ones are hidden too? What in the worldā€¦???:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

And about the new war system, isnā€™t the reason Perblue came up with it because people complained that it was hard for them to reach legendary because of bad matchmaking?

Now, they made it even harder to do that? I donā€™t see logic in these decisions, tbhā€‹:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

All in all, it is still new, so maybe things can be better than they seem. It just that, our guild hasnā€™t had any trouble reaching legendary (lucky us) in a really long time with old system. And now, all of a sudden, we have? Hardly call that an improvement

2 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | Ā© Disney