An Autistic Disney Character

Why was I flagged those posts were harmless?

“These posts” were completely off topic, I cannot even see where they stemmed from in the above discussion. :grimacing:

Not off topic actually because I was commenting on something literally in the topic post!

Can we just end this topic people are just screaming the same things at each other over and over this topic won’t make this happen even if their were more topics about it I’m sorry cold hard truth

Excatly, i have autism and i for one am proud of it. So, you have to trust me on this. The only reason i made this post in the first place because i created one already that might be the perfect candidate.

I look around the television, the movies, any source of media and there is nothing on this. Not a speck! NOT A BLIP! It like we as a community are invincible. And those who do know for the first time, be a friend or a family member or whatever, don’t have the slightest clue on what to do with them. You above of all people should know how terrifying that can be.

I made this character because i hope that it would shed a postive light on this subject. So it can educate people on what to expect. So it can raise awareness to causes that help establish this idea. And lastly, i made it so that people can say “Hey, this person is just like me. I am not the only one. I am NOT ALONE!!!”

So, how would you know it will reflect badly on us, the autistic community, unless we give it a shot and hope for the best? Don’t you understand? I have to do this. I WANT to do this. And if i don’t, then who will? Sombody has just got to stand tall for them. Believe in me.

…I have been debating whether or not to say anything, but I think I will.

Your idea of raising awareness is to ask a bunch of people on a forums, who have no working relationship with Disney, what they think about have an autistc kid be the main character of a movie?

I never said that anybody had a work relationship with Disney, but basically it all i can do.

These people have to believe in something.

My thoughts on having such character are acceptable, I don’t mind at all. With the right magical touch it could be done.

Now on other note. You asked for members of the forum thoughts and yet you’re having a negative impact on it.
Just saw your replies and you just dropped the ball completely.
With an attitude like that, not exactly certain you’ll go far.

You single handedly turned your open minded topic into a conquest for a message deliverance.
Are you trying to create a story or trying to sell a piece of information?
You said, you have autism and you’re proud of it, yet that is not the impression I’m getting from by contradicting the other members and the need to create a character to represent a audience or else they won’t ever accept themselves? What?

The sensation I’m taking from some of your replies look like an act of exploration to people with autism to create a character just for the sake of it.
The mentioned characters such as Mickey or from Toy story were revolutionary. They were, but not from character identification policy but yes to fill people hearts emotionally with stories rising the entertainment business strong. Those same stories can make ANY person dream

Your sense of direction is going off track and I advice you to watch those movies or characters closely and understand why they made an impact in the first place.

By persisting like this only ensures one thing. With an attitude and vision like yours, I don’t want to watch an autism character coming from you. There was no representation for a story and character rather than identify it as such.

You got a lot to learn and work up ahead if you want to make it high someday. It’s the only advice I can give.
Stop objectifying people with autism and yourself as weak citizens. Create a story!

4 Likes

To say that there is no examples of people on the spectrum in different forms of media is just factually incorrect. Big Bang Theory, The Good Doctor, Bob’s Burgers, Family Matters, Sherlock, Monk, and many many more have characters who are on the spectrum and find success through either the little things in life or being successful in some field as a savant.

This right here shows how flawed your logic and reasoning is. The thing about autism and disorders that are on the spectrum is that it manifests itself in many ways and can be found in many degrees of severity. Some might be high functioning and give no inkling to the fact that they have autism and some may require the use of assisted living homes to be monitored 24/7. You can educate on every possibility known to man of the signs of autism and there will still be kids who behave unexpectedly.

I thought the whole point of this was for Disney to do something. If you so desperately want your character to be made and want to see the impact it can have go out and do so. However, you must stop trying to be the hero and act like you are the only one capable of doing this. It has been done not only by Disney in ways you refuse to acknowledge but also by other major media platforms. I however refuse to believe in someone who thinks they are a cut above everyone else who demands to get recognition even when the cause and intentions are good.

This last post by you has only painted a picture of self-righteousness that comes from an inflated ego in believing you are the only one willing to or the only one capable of speaking on behalf of an entire community. I am done with this discussion. Best of luck in all your endeavors but I implore you take some time for self reflection and hopefully achieve some form of humility.

2 Likes

right but then… if you don’t think it makes you less of a person (which obviously it doesn’t), why do you need to be represented in a movie?

Sherlock is awesome and he displays some tendencies of having it, but nobody really cares if he does or not, he just is how he is and that’s great… I don’t think it’s ever even mentioned in the show.

There’s probably tons of other similar characters and if Disney made something with such a character, great! But I don’t see how making their disability literally the prime focus of the movie would help anything, it would just be another attempt at trying to demystify the disability and be a check mark in the inclusivity box, rather than simply a good movie that includes a good character who has some unique quirks.

I think the same discussion came up when everyone thought Frozen 2 was going to have gay people in it, which is a similar situation albeit entirely different traits… and my opinion then was much the same :stuck_out_tongue: by all means have them if it improves the story, but don’t make a big song and dance of it, or people just dismiss it as them hopping on the bandwagon

3 Likes

@Mister_Toon, You seem to love to create something. Keep creation with joy, as long as possible. Because there is no right answet in a life!

A Public Apology

You? If you want to do this go on ahead. But Disney just shouldn’t.

Uh, you do realize we are passed all that right? I apologize about all that this morning. Me and Rothan made up and everything.

But you gotta admit, depite snowballing out of control, this was rather fun. Who knows, maybe we can make a this regular thing. Maybe on a subject that won’t spark something like this, don’t you think?

I was having fun since the beginning bro i love having conversations with you guys :yum:

Off topic, has nothing to do with what ewe are talking about

1 Like

Oh yeah and just to inform u tour the one I’m replying to so its yo fault.its not mine.

oh and plus yay!I got the 100th reply on this topic​:joy::joy:

Technically I was telling him about the short on Disney plus so you replied of topic to that

Let’s just stop arguing.ur obliviously just going to keep making u reasons why I’m of topic-when I’m not-and that u didnt start it.

How about you both just don’t comment about it? Fight it out in a PM, just between the two of you.

2 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney