Arena Rewards are imbalanced. Boycott

the diamonds you got today are supposed to be only the first part of compensation, followed by others.
a little more patience, then you’ll see whether it is enough for you to continue playing.

i am fairly sure the official response was a reaction to people voicing a lot of complaints and (much more importantly) getting refunds. if everyone just continued playing as before, why should they react to it.

so, i see the refunds more as a way to communicate.

the person who answered our support-tickets knows how things work there, so if he said everything worked as intended, i am pretty sure that’s how things where at first.
until the fuzz was big enough to not be ignored anymore.

1 Like

I’m just glad they finally resolved it, I certainly hope they have learnt their lesson from this and continue to keep the game equal for all.

As we have witnessed here this type of imbalance will spread through the player base like wild fire and frustrate many players - even those receiving the better rewards seeing their friends get nerfed returns.

I had no idea this was going on, I thought it was a bit stingy getting 20 odd diamonds for being top ten in a gold arena and coli, then tonight I got a message with some diamonds saying it was the first installment - now I get 60 odd diamonds for the exact same position in the same arena and coli.

What an absolute ****s trick to pull on people. I’ve been missing 80 diamonds per day for at least a month, and who knows how many since I started playing. And they give me 300 to make up for it? Not even 4 days worth. How on earth do they justify this? Is it random who gets full rewards and what poor swines get mugged off?

I hope someone from Perblue reads this, cos you ain’t ever getting a penny from me - sweet FA. I’m so glad I’ve not pumped money into this game now, gotta be one of the most underhanded things I’ve ever known a game developer to pull on its players, giving people playing in the same game different rewards for finishing in almost identical positions? That’s proper shady. Would Google have any input on this, it’s gotta be against some terms somewhere surely. If not, it sure as hell should be.

2 Likes

I was really, really enjoying the game before all this mess. I even got my partner to play competitively in the last month and we’re both feeling suckered now.

I shared this story on Reddit and submitted it to a few news outlets. The arena was only one area where they treated players like lab rats; they’ve been offering special deals, diamond offers, and VIP badges inconsistently the entire time and I’m disgusted by how greedy they’ve acted. If I don’t see every player in server 2-8 getting equal treatment I’m going to be requesting my refund and exiting this game.

Please everyone do everything you can to bring attention to PerBlue’s abusive treatment of paying customers. Submitting this thread and the Reddit post to gaming news sites would be a great start.

In case you missed it: PerBlue just issued an official response to this today (Arena and Coliseum Rewards). Was it shady of them? Yes. However, thanks to everyone’s work in getting the word out (and, possibly, interference from Apple/Google) we forced them to take steps in fixing this problem. I’m truly amazed by how responsive our playerbase is!

I’ve been reading a number of complaints already about how the compensation isn’t enough … and, this is where I get slightly less amazed with our community. According to Reaper’s CS picture above, Perblue is “[planning] to grant accounts the diamonds they missed from arena and coliseum rewards.” There’s nothing that states each installment will be the same. It very well could be … or you may get 200 diamonds this time & 500 next time. Who’s to say? So, just wait. Monitor the rewards in your mailbox, see if your Top Rewards info has updated, & double check with others to make sure the rewards in your PVP (coli/arena) brackets are what they should be.

Until all of the installments have been doled out, I don’t see a reason to keep fanning the flames of the fire…

3 Likes

Because the arena was only one instance of this happening. They haven’t even acknowledged the other areas they were pulling this exact same crap and will likely continue pulling going forward.

I disagree with this. If you’re referring to the issues surrounding TapJoy/Fyber, then, IMO they have no real need to address them because - unlike this fiasco - they have their bases covered with lines like these written into their FAQs & TOS:

It’s not stated anywhere that we’re promised VIP Rings from TapJoy/Fyber. Even, the windows on the Offerwalls only ever show diamond rewards! Nevertheless, I do believe 100% that this is another data collections test because PerBlue has never issued VIP Rings through offers in their other games. (I’ll even be the first to say that PerBlue not having “any of the data” in regards to diamond payouts from offers sounds like complete bull).

Again, however, unlike the Coli/Arena Imbalance - where random individuals were targeted & PerBlue, alone, was at fault - the VIP Rings incidents are server-exclusive (affecting all players in Servers 4 & 6, specifically) & taken care of by a 3rd party. All you really need to do to avoid not getting VIP Rings is transfer. It’s a cold response, but Diamonds are still being paid out in full (when TapJoy/Fyber actually respond & cooperate) & there haven’t been any posts (that I know of) of anyone - from these servers, specifically - exploiting TapJoy/Fyber offers in order to get ahead in VIP levels to reap its benefits…

2 Likes

I don’t give a damn what their ToS days. They mislead their customers into thinking they were on a fair playing field when they were not. That is fraud. And no ToS is going to make me want to keep paying people who abuse their customers for easy cash grabs.

Let me start by saying I don’t actually disagree with your opinion. Many of us are still upset.

The simple solution, is quit. The game isn’t a responsibility, you don’t have to spend money. If you’re unhappy, then look for a game that let’s you play the way you want to.

Regardless of how much complaining and other actions it took, we asked them to fix it, and they did because it was an actual issue they were responsible for.

Things covered in the ToS are a different story. It doesn’t matter if we like it or not, if it’s in the ToS, we are agreeing to it by playing.

The arena was covered by the ToS. You want them to take those back? And could you please stop being an apologist for them?

I can totally understand the frustration, but perBlue (albeit due to pressures from many players) have acknowledged they made a mistake and are making an effort to compensate.

That’s certainly better than them keeping the system which treated some players like guinea pigs.

I’m interested in what the compensations are so far, interested if they are actually compensating the full amount that they were cheated (but imo they should get more since those of us who had the regular reward rate was able to use these diamonds to possibly get further ahead of them)

they compensate 200+ diamond for 2nd installment lols

Many players got 400 diamonds but I did not get. What?

Is this diamond installment thing for all players or selected players only? Cause im not recieving anything and some of my guildmates are.

i think it would help a lot if there was a little more transparency about how perblue calculates the compensations.

that, however, is likely to not happen.

regarding the different deals on different servers. yes, of course that rubs me the wrong way, but i don’t think there is a lot that can be done about it.

i guess should we ever start to play another perblue game, we’ll be way more careful when it comes to choose a server to play on…

More then likely the diamonds are given to players who’s rewards where messed up.

1 Like

My affected guildies are reporting 2k+ diamonds on today’s installment.

Last intallment for me was 3.118 diamonds

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney