Arena rule

Hey everyone,

Ive been hearing alot of complaints and myself included about the follow rule;
Cannot use heroes that are in defenders team.

I was finally glad to be rid of this rule myself, only to see it pop up again.
I pretty much gave up trying to achieve anything in collo/arena except dailies.

The rule is very hampering in how you can progress in arena/colloseum. Because in its base, i think its supposed to create ingenuity and creativity, but in practice, you’re pidgeonholing the use of certain toons, to the extreme even if you get additional point scoring rules like true damage or in this case normal damage.

This wouldnt be bad perse, if not for the fact that the certain meta needs some very specific toons to counter (broken) meta toons. Which in itself sometimes are must needed counter ( looking at you baymaxlines).

Ive fought some lines which were very hard if not impossible at times to beat. Totally ruining the fun, unless I would be majorly but I really mean majorly overpowered.

Please look into it how this can be improved better. The current only improvement I have is removing the rule at all. So I could atleast still have fun playing arena/collo.

Yours sincerly DnD

12 Likes

I agree, the rule is taking away the enjoyment of arena/coliseum

9 Likes

Lol
Like everything else in the game, the enjoyment aspect is dropping daily
It has become a loop of who can spend the most

I personally used to spend hours daily playing, strategizing, looking at how to beat lines.
But with the introduction of patches it is impossible to counter a line where all buffs add 100% of all stats.
So unless you spend, you cannot compete and it is getting very boring very quickly
So i am down to 30 minutes daily :slight_smile:

Gives me chance to enjoy the sun and other hobbies.

6 Likes

Totally agree. It’s a very frustrating rule and takes way too much time and experimenting to try and come up with something for every opponent that could work, with the rewards not being that great anyway.

7 Likes

It’s not PB’s fault, but on BS it’s super slow to change lineups in Coli for me. So not only is it time consuming to change most lines in most battles, the delay makes it twice as long. I’d like to practice beating some of the newer heroes but I’m not learning anything because of the restrictions on who I can use. War also has restrictions (and no do-overs) and Invasion breakers are not restricted, but not successful if you use the wrong colors. Newer heroes aren’t in campaign usually, or easily found in surge or CW. Arena/Coli with the extra chances were like Spars for me and now it’s just grind out my dailies and hope next season is better. Even having this restriction be the last week would be more helpful

4 Likes

Thanks for your feedback! I’ll pass it along to the team. We are looking for ways to make the feature more fun and challenging, using the feedback gathered from this post, as well.

2 Likes

I like it! It makes arena/coliseum actually challenging and not another mode to click fight and win after 3s and move on.

One of better pvp rules.

1 Like

Not so fun if there is 6 of the same defense lines in your league.

Then it becomes a click fight lose move on cycle

2 Likes

Try harder, then.

Nah, ive got better things do to with my time for the little rewards that are given from these game modes

I also cannot beat lines with Patch 13 levels, so not really worth trying

1 Like

Agreed,it is challenging but once you know the counters(I don’t) and the skills then your good to go

And spend the money to get patches, mods, badges, disk power, battle badges

1 Like

I just grind for it,not buy buddy

And hows that working out for you…?
Assuming not so well

1 Like

Nope it’s going pretty dang good:)

Got strong heroes,got a couple of patched heroes,500M Colelction power and got
Almost every hero a disk

I don’t think that rule, by itself, makes any line impossible to beat, although it’s going to give a pretty good advantage to whales (or at least players who’ve successfully maxed a wide variety of heroes). It’s definitely more annoying in Coliseum, where I keep having to change lines because of it, but overall I think it’s a pretty interesting, challenging rule.

I just don’t want to see it every single season. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

But you do click and fight then win after 3 secs even with this rule…

THIS. Like the rule isn’t great, but we made do with it last season. The annoying part is getting the same bothersome rule 2 seasons in a row

1 Like

It is an awful rule to repeat. Last time, on level 2 or 3, the same lineup with newer heroes were used in about 2/3 of the arena defenses. And in coliseum many teams had a similar configuration on one of the teams. Tough when the counters of these heroes could not be used too.

2 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney