Character Concept (Krazy Kino Edition): Champion David, The Hero of the Forum

Welcome all to another Character Concept! My name is Kinokan but feel free to call me Kino! This one is going to be a little special and will be the first of what I call my Krazy Kino series. These are for all intents and purposes joke heroes that may not even be part of Disney’s roster and are not to be taken seriously in the slightest. However just because it isn’t a possibility of being implemented in the game does not mean these don’t deserve my standards of my general concepts. With that this will be a concept for @Champion_David, the Hero of the Forum!

I love to be weird… and kill people in chat, all in good fun though

Champion David is a front line damage hero who uses his elevated perspective thanks to his trusty balloons to deal devastating damage, sometimes by accident.

Champion David arrives through a cybernetic portal with a belt of balloons and scythe in hand.

In victory Champion David celebrates with hearty laughter as he writes down a joke to tell his friends later.

In defeat his balloons pop and he falls to the ground face first and is cartoonishly dazed as Edna Mode’s wig flies around his head.

Lvl 80 P3 3* estimated stats

HP: 23k
Basic Damage: 3900
Skill Power: 1400
Armor: 1900
Reality: 2800
Armor Negation: 40
Normal Crit: 95
Tenacity: 80

SL= Skill Level

White Skill: Raucous Laughter
Champion David tells one of his many jokes and bestows “Laughter” on the party for 10 seconds. While Laughter is in effect the party gets 25% increased healing from all sources and prevents them from being scared. Jokes have a chance to not be understood by allies Lvl X = SL+1

Green Skill: Wait for It
At the start of the fight Champion David waits for “It”. “It” will be a randomly targeted ally and “It” has to cast their white skill twice within the first 30 seconds of battle. If “It” fufills these conditions Champion David is “Satisfied” increasing his attack speed by 100% and critical damage by 200% for the rest of the wave. Champion David cannot be “It”.

Blue Skill: …And Guest
Champion David throws an Edna Mode wig on the hero with the highest reality in hopes of making Edna a realistic edition to the game. The wig falls off after 15 seconds. While the wig is on the selected hero is healed for 15% of Champion David’s damage and gets 50% of their reality as armor. If the wig lands on “It” Champion David wears a wig as well and recieves the same bonuses.

Purple Skill: Vs. Goliath
The bigger they are the harder they fall. Champion David does 30% more damage to “Tank” role heroes. Allies who are “It” or wearing a wig get half of this bonus. Bonus damage has a chance to be negated by Lvl X = SL 41

Friendships

DL: Disk Level
DS: Disk Stars

Lvl 102 Mike Wazowski
Other allies: Olaf, Genie, Wall-E

Comedy Gold
450 + 40DL Basic Damage
“Raucous Laughter” now decreases fantastic damage by 7.5/15/22.5/30/37.5% (scales with DS)
Starting energy +60/120/180/240/300

Lvl 104 Mr. I
Other allies: Elastigirl, Mickey, Maleficent

Well Knit Connections
Team Reality 550 + 75DL
The team wears wigs at the start of the battle and last 3/6/9/12/15 seconds
Grants team 3/6/9/12/15 Normal and Fantastic Crit (scales with DS)

Hope you all enjoyed this. Let me know what you think about this concept in this topic. It’s fun just letting the mind go bonkers and allow something to be fun and silly. I will be making these forum member concepts every now and then in between my more serious work. These are membera of the forum I believe to be notable, active, helpful and absolute fun overall. Just like my normal concepts I will also not be taking requests. However if you wish to nominate someone via direct messages to me I will take those into consideration. One last thing I will add is I do have another one of these on my mind but will wait a bit before actually making it. Feel free to follow the link below to my super pose to see all my concepts. Until then, have a wonderful day!

15 Likes

Oh.my.gosh.

I do not even know what to say…

This just blew my mind…

Thanks a lot man!!! :grin:

10 Likes

Glad you enjoyed it. It took a little longer than expected but I wanted to get as many references as possible. I also wanted to have an actual design outside of all the references and tried to make it powerful in it’s own right. I am not one to cut corners so I’m once again glad you enjoyed it.

6 Likes

@kinokan
This fits @Champion_David to a tee! Its all or nothing. With the Power of the Balloon!
I will be watching for upcoming concepts in this Krazy Kino Series. And yes I agree. Champion David meets all of the criteria you laid out. He is quite notable, active, helpful and absolute fun overall. Very good choice. In my opinion.
:angel:t4:
PS I will be sending my nomanation via direct message soon.

2 Likes

One of the best character skill sets ever😀

3 Likes

It’s not rude, it’s Krazy Kino! And he was just starting off his series, so you can’t be mad if you weren’t chosen. Anyways, he said you can nominate someone to be made, so if you want yours to be made, tell Kinokan!
P.S. Love that purple skill Kinokan! Great reference.

3 Likes

I like dis Concept @Kinokan. Really well done :+1:

3 Likes

Awesome! Your concepts never fall flat. I can’t wait for the next one :grin:

4 Likes

Except for the one he did about the paper man!
I know he didn’t do one about a paper man, just a joke I had to make!

2 Likes

Thanks all for the wonderful feedback! I am glad everyone is excited for the new series of concepts. I have already recieved some nominations for future installments. Now I will agree with the idea that this is picking favorites but then again, aren’t all concepts to an extent?

One thing that must be kept in mind is that the game has been out for about 10 months at the time of this post and that this is something that I won’t necessarily rush into, because as anyone can see there is a lot of work that goes into this. I picked @Champion_David because doing one for him was relatively easy because of how active he is and how much material there is to work with. I also look at every character concept that is made to see how everyones personality and what not comes out. Also one last thing is Champion David was the spark to start this series when he made concepts for many forum members, including myself.

Hope this gives further insight into my thought process.

7 Likes

So, is your Krazy Kino series for just players and real people, or is it for absurd and unlikely characters?

3 Likes

I love this concept for making concepts! Haha sorry stupid joke. But seriously this is very fun and I’m looking forward to new installments!

5 Likes

Both! Like I said in the OP I have another that I have in the works for another member of the forum but I will have this also be for characters I believe to have no shot at being implemented. One such character on that list would be say Sora from Kingdom Hearts.

3 Likes

How do you decide on their skills? Are they just “random” or do you think of a way to implement their name/personality into it? Like the Edna Mode skill since David likes Edna and the VS Goliath skill since David vs Goliath.

3 Likes

Are you also gonna do friendships where forum members are paired with other heroes in “secondary” friendship missions? Like XXXXX and Champion David friendship.
IE Stitch has main friendships with Maui and Mad Hatter but also a secondary with Barbarossa.

2 Likes

Or maybe forum members with other forum members? Like @TheSpaghettiKing & @Champion_David or whoever you know bring in the personality of the forum members along with the Avatar/badge they wear on the forum?

3 Likes

Yeah and @TheSpaghettiKing and @Champion_David friendship can be Party Time since their avatars are Partysaurous Rex and Balloons respectively.

4 Likes

Maybe u can try making urself @Kinokan :wink:

3 Likes

Indeed the skills are part of the person’s personality in this case. I can’t guarantee that for all of them. For instance the quote is from @Champion_David’s profile and the green skill is a references to two “Hamilton” songs, “Wait for it” and “Satisfied”. The white skill is the most original on my end but it also has David’s comedic nature implemented.

As for inter concept friendships, I don’t do those as it takes an understanding of multiple concepts and I like them to be their own stand alone piece.

Lastly I’m not going to make one for myself as I’m not making these compositions about me or my wants, this is simply fun for me to make up skill sets for different characters and now players.

4 Likes

If you get nominated for one than absolutely, however I am not taking requests for one from the member themselves. I don’t want everyone saying “make one of me”. Because at that point it doesn’t hold much for an aspect of suprise and opening that gate will have them flooding in and will probably not be what they want. With the nomination system in place it becomes a system of “Wow, I wasn’t expecting this!”

5 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney