Control Hero Guide (PART 5)

Intro:
This is PART 5 of the complete guide to all the Control Heroes in the game. As the “Control” category would suggest, these characters specialize in influencing the flow of combat through disruption and causing chaos. Each of them has a place in the game, so this guide will provide insight to each Control hero’s value.

Disclaimer: This Guide will always be under construction, either through updating information or adding more content as more new heroes are released in the game. I will be doing updates accordingly for as long as I continue to play the game.

Powerline

Overview

COMING SOON

Syndrome

Overview

COMING SOON

Tia Dalma

Overview

Strengths:
+Diverse CC options
+Good synergy
+Useful Friendship Disks

Weaknesses:
-Very frail
-Weak damage output
-Functionally outclassed

Gameplay:
For a time, Tia was one of the most valuable heroes in the game. She was a stellar role model for Control heroes, having a few different types of CC abilities that allowed her to seize momentum in a way that was difficult to stop. Since then, she has slowly fallen out of relevance when the game shifted to favor raw damage over meticulous control. Her skillset still remains useful, but she heavily competes with other Control heroes that tend to be a little more efficient at wreaking havoc. With silence, charm, curse, and even a push back, Tia actually packs a very well-rounded repertoire all things considered. She’s often too vulnerable to fit in a main Arena team these days, but she does get a few moments to shine in Coliseum and Guild Wars. She can be decent in City Watch and Invasion Breaker Quests, but she tends to struggle to deal with many of the wards that defy her ability to take control.

Dark Curse:
Description coming soon.

Friendship Disks:
Tia’s disks enhance the effects of either her silence or charm, not only improving their length but also giving these skills damage over time. Yax’s disk is the one that improves the silence caused by her Bitter Storm. Even though the length of silence is longer, this disk will not improve Mystic Curse in any way. Jack Sparrow’s disk focuses on Tia’s Mystic Charm. The charmed target will gain an area of effect, causing nearby enemies to take damage over time. The charm itself will only remain on a single target, however. Tia relies on both of her CC abilities, so both disks can be considered interchangeable.

Team Options:
It should come as no surprise that Tia works well with Jack Sparrow and Barbossa. Both Damage heroes are capable of high damage potential, making up for Tia’s weaker hits. Her skillset also compliments the two pirates, as they appreciate her ability to group enemies together with her Tidal Rush while keeping powerful active skills at bay–long enough for Jack and Barbossa to cause serious damage themselves. Tia also works well in a multi-control team comp, keeping enemies locked in place. She particularly performs well with Ursula and WALL-E. Ursula can manage the enemy team’s energy gain, giving Tia more time to cast her skills first. In contrast, WALL-E does the same for Tia, except by providing energy instead. She can form a fun team together with Scar or Meg to help perpetuate silence across enemy lines. Generally speaking, Tia is a pretty decent filler hero whose versatile skillset is easy to get value from.

Counters:
Tia’s low durability makes her very vulnerable to begin with. She’s almost helpless against divers like Darkwing Duck, Mr. Incredible, Aladdin, and Moana(Me). These diving heroes can be peeled off by Tia’s Tidal Rush, however. She definitely needs to watch out for prominent backline snipers like Elastigirl(Va), Merida, and Jack Skellington. Elsa gets a notable mention because her Frozone disk allows her to freeze Tia even longer. Kevin is a powerful answer to Tia’s disruptions, cleansing his team from her silence, charm, and curse–easily devaluing the use of her disks in the process.

More in part 6 (CLICK HERE)

14 Likes

Don’t you think you moved the heroes a tad bit too much? I mean Merlin needs some pals, and it is only one character moving into your guides so… maybe but Tia back in Part 3?

No offense

1 Like

Be Patient. I wasn’t kidding when I said it’s a “major upheaval”. Everything will be divided evenly. You’ll understand once you realize how many Control heroes there are at this time.

1 Like

Alright. If you say so

Update: at long last… Yzma’s overview is finally here. Special thanks to @Card_Brigade for their experimental analysis on Yzma. Seriously, y’all should check it out.

4 Likes

Omg the wait for Yzma was very worthwhile! :smile: Can’t wait to get her Disks once I get to the 130s/140s.

And no problem! I’m happy that my thread helped you out :hugs:

2 Likes

You may already know, but Yzma benefits too much from the heroes who increase speed. This will make when you use your white ability, it is easier and faster to get the most damage. I’ve tried it and it works automatically too, the mix she does in 2 seconds can turn yellow and even pink, just because of the attack speed they give her.

1 Like

If Wall-E were to get a White Skill buff, as in buffing his freeze, he would definitely be better, although his low HP and low defensive stats really don’t help. Also also, if you have Madam Mim’s Red Skill, you’ll get some extra energy at the beginning.

Update: WALL-E’s overview got a glow-up. Actually, it’s hardly any different from what was already there. The changes that were made were mostly to acknowledge WALL-E’s newfound anti-sapping niche.

5 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney