DH War QoL Improvements

Mmmm… I think I good? My brain said " try plan B " just new war.

1 Like

Why only rank #1 got animated border? Top 3 should having animated border with numbers on it such as #1

6 Likes

As long as you have skill points packs. Those should be consumed first before diamonds. Even that diamonds should be warned first if you want to use them.

7 Likes

I play normal game but that no need to stress.

1 Like

@Samm how are the End of Season rewards (the rewards themselves, not the amounts) decided?

Specifically the hero chips & red skill chips - It seems pretty unhelpful to just receive these for a complete random hero. Last mini-season I got a good roll on a hero I use, but this season I’ve got a hero I’m not working on, and so it’s a useless reward :frowning:

The Pick system would be handy here :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9 Likes

I got useless ones from last mini season :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes: not a good start. And today as well :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes: with the same hero that I don’t use

Seriously, why do they keep giving me Voyd???

4 Likes

It is only day 5 of the season
You will be matched with those guilds soon and then when you beat them you will gain MMR and they will lose MMR

The rankings will stabilize over time

6 Likes

Where are they?

And when they are actually coming?

8 Likes

Coming soon… Forever soon…

6 Likes

@Samm while the changes to war have been good changes, there are still wars with guilds that are pre-determined. Most suggestions downplay the hard work of the stronger guild or make it unfair. Having a solution that could make war more challenging for the stronger guild while keeping it fair and valuing their hard work is a tricky task. I think a solution would be to adjust the number for extra attacks for both guilds in the war.

The weaker guild’s extra attacks would be equal to (ratio of both guild’s total power) * 12.

The stronger guild’s extra attacks would be equal to [2 - (ratio of both guild’s team power)] * 12.

For example, guild X has 100 B total power, 7 B team power. Guild Y has 70 B power, 6 B team power.

The weaker guild’s extra attacks would be equal to (100 B / 70 B) * 12 = 17 extra attacks

The stronger guild’s extra attacks would be equal to (2 - 7 B / 6 B) * 12 = 10 extra attacks.

If the total power ratio is between 90% and 110%, the guild extra attacks remain unchanged.

2 Likes

Really good idea
However extra attacks isn’t the problem
If this can be done through scaling of wards in war cars, or hero power it would also help smaller guilds compete better with higher guilds

2 Likes

What bug?
More information would help the team to resolve

3 Likes

Maui is apparently invincible to damage desite not having any abilities or battle conditions that apply this buff. I tried invasion this evening and ran into him on one of the rounds. I tried several attempts to beat the level, even going as far as to removing all the ward buffs and even applying all the power up’s possible and entering normal battle rather than quick fights to ensure I would win and even then I lost. It turns out he is immune to all damage, no matter how powerful your team is.

2 Likes

I’m not sure why you posted this in a thread about Guild War, but…

Maui’s white skill decreases the damage he takes by 40% for every 500 energy he has. His red skill increases his maximum energy from 1000 to 2000. Therefore, if he reaches 1500 energy, he will be invincible until that energy is reduced. (Because of buffs to his armor and reality, he can be very hard to damage even with “just” 1000 energy.) So you’ve got to reduce his energy.

You can use a hero that steals energy, like Pocahontas, Bolt, or Zeus; there’s a filter for Energy Removal, but be sure to read up on the hero’s skill to understand how they remove energy, as some of them only do so with a certain disk or under certain conditions.

You can use a hero like Mim(Ma) or Mary(Lo) that can Hex Maui, causing him to use energy without being able to actually perform his white skill; this should probably drop his energy low enough to allow you to damage him again.

You can put a couple of weak heroes at the front of your team to sacrificed to Maui’s shark bite, making him use up his energy so your stronger heroes in the rear can then KO him. Just be careful if he has his Genie friendship disk, though, as he then steals energy from anyone he sharkbites.

2 Likes

Problem solved, Zeus fixed the problem.

2 Likes

Literally 2 posts above you have paragraphs describing how to kill him in few ways…

Best way: energy removal

6 Likes

@Samm Now that we’re nearing a full season, we’re finding out that one of our guesses is true - MMR is flawed and only giving huge legendary rewards to the top 5 teams is ridiculous.

On S21, we have three powerhouse whale guilds that destroy all other guilds. They usually win 2,200 to 300, a blowout. Rank 1 is at 1,936 MMR, rank 2 is at 1,779 MMR, and rank 3 is at 1,583 MMR. After that, twelve guilds have 1400-1500 MMR (one win difference). Now I don’t know how other guilds do against each other or even if the top 3 guilds actually do destroy all other guilds, but my guild has beat everyone except the top 3 for months and this month.

March: 15 matches. We faced the top 3 teams twice each (6 matches) and got destroyed each time. The other 9 matches were strong wins (7 were blowouts and 2 were closer, but not that close). And which place are we in? 4th? Nope, we’re in 6th place, ready to drop even more, because this last match is against the 3rd place team, which destroys us. The current 4th place team has 13 more MMR and we beat them. 5th: Never face. We beat 7th, 8th, and 9th. And we got matched with 24th, 22nd, and more recently 26th and 24th place.

So, it really depends on who you get matched with and how many times you face the top 3 teams. If we didn’t get placed against the top teams 6 total times then we’d probably have +100 MMR for each time weren’t matched with them. Even just one less of those would put us in 3rd place against someone who destroyed us.

So, this system’s MMR matchmaking is flawed and it has cost us, a top war guild, legendary rewards. We were top 3-4 on S22 and since the merge, top 4-5.

11 Likes

Our guild is currently ranked 7th and will drop more (I think we will drop out of top 10) cause we won’t win this last war (re-match with a top guild). We’ve been re-matched with the top guilds a few times this season. If we would have just faced them 1 time each we would have probably ended in the 5th spot. This current matchmaking system feels really unfair because of this. It’s some sort of lottery… if you get lucky and don’t get a re-match so often you’ll be higher in rankings.

3 Likes

Ever since we reached legendary (which was much harder than the old system), we have NEVER been paired with similar-power guilds. All our opponents were much stronger than us and we stood literally no chance fighting them

So, what’s the point of earning rewards after reaching legendary if we can’t win any more fights? Is this the so called improvement? The matchmaking is way more horrible than the last system

To be more clear, we are 59th guild in server 1 and we faced 20-30th guilds…yeah, not great…to say the least

4 Likes

Totally truth, even I m from guild who beat you guys twice.

We feel the same as you said, all that.

Thos MMR isnt good because matching is so bad. Even we are stronger than others we can be bellow top5 because of facing multiple times with same guild. No fun.

3 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney