Economy changes with 1.7

I’m sure when the game first came out, it was designed to where players should work only on a certain number of hero’s but let’s face it the game has outgrown that a long time ago, as you add new modes & toons you have to adapt new teams to keep pace with the game. Having new toons and new modes is part of the excitement of the game, we want to have more toons to use and play around with to try and find a dominating comp.

To say the game isn’t meant for us to work on a bunch of toons is outdated and extremely narrow minded. You have to change the way you think the game should be played as it progresses. Seriously, why would you think it would be a good idea to essentially say hey we just added new toons and upped the level/ badge cap but we think it’s best if you ignore that awesome new toon who seems so amazing and just keep on working on the older toons?!

Players constantly have to adapt to the changes that are made to the game and as the game evolves I think you should start thinking about the fluidity of the game rather than what can we jam into the game next… That is if the game does get to evolve after the shady stuff that has been done and is continuing to be done

5 Likes

Lol thank you! My name has turned out to be quite the conversation starter in-game as well! :sweat_smile:

Hey bro, u don’t have to agree with me.

2 Likes

I rly interested to know what u developers based on to make such a statement that gold is at abundance. To u, max out skills of core team is sufficient, which I agree. However, my quesion to you will be what is your core team member size? 5? 15? 20?

If you based on 5, then you are naive.

Based on 15, then remove off duty heroes for war and heist.

Based on 20 (practical-put in account off duty heroes) is what most players are handling. Your increment hinders development of all the main heroes. I have yet to factor in cost of enhancing those costly badges.

Please think through before you decide to implement such clever ideas to enhance your pleasure rather than the players’ pleasure.

4 Likes

Dropping the success rate of friendship missions means you have to level up your heroes and their friends’ skills and promote them to have a higher success rate. This runs contrary to polaris’ earlier message about how the game is not about maxing out all your heroes. Given that friendship missions start at rather high levels, we will still need a lot of gold and xp just to level up the friends of the heroes to get the disk we need. Bravo, Perblue.

8 Likes

This change is only going to force me to START hoarding resources, out of necessity.

5 Likes

@Polaris - come on, do you really think increasing the gold costs for skills is the right way to balance this? The people with extra gold have already maxxed their skills, the people who this increase affects is everyone else who has never had enough gold to keep up…

What you should have done is brainstormed new ways to spend gold, or look at the alternatives already in place: namely, the Gold Crates…

What does the data say about people buying Gold Crates? I would wager they’re not that popular (considering people need gold for skills, up-starring heroes and badge enhancements)… You could have simply made Gold Crates more attractive by adding shop tokens, memories, more hero chips, better badges, etc. - all stuff that has been added or expanded upon in the game since the start, but the Gold Crates have stayed the same, virtually worthless…

Remove the credit card things and XP drinks from the gold crate, increase the badge drops (and levels of said badges), increase things that would help us grow our heroes outside of skills and levels - i.e. stars, badges and memories, then hoarders would have an easy outlet for which to spend their gold, and everyone else who have more options to choose how to spend, without being punished for not having skills maxxed already…

This is just ONE example of an easy fix for you guys, as the Gold Crate already exists, but there are many other things you could have done had you sat in a room for 30 minutes and actually thought this through…

19 Likes

That game that has the constant ads in this one? Yeah kinda lol I wonder if they listen to their community

Well, its kinda unfair for you to say that you had to increase gold costs because we have access to more gold when those sources of gold were created in the first place because gold was lacking already…

The trend with new heroes coming out and cap level increasing is for gold necessity to increase this will make the game to much of a bore. My goal for this game was to try get the maximum heroes i could and mix teams and find the best ones for each situation. With this upgrade I will have to stick with the heroes i already upgraded because it would be too costly to upgrade new ones and if I do decide to upgrade new heroes my main ones will fall behind and wont be competitive anymore…

If you plan to increase longevity of the game by increasing grinding that is a bad plan in my opinion. Jeez I dont even care about this new duck heroe because I wont be able to upgrade him and that will continue for future heroes. The game will grow stale for me eventually…

5 Likes

I, for one, won’t be spending any more on this game. I’ll continue to play, but no more money. This change was the stupidest thing PerBlue could have done, and defending the change is garbage.

Oh, and this is coming from a VIP 18 “whale” who has every hero maxed on badges at level 100, every skill capped, and is sitting on a little under 50 million gold. I still think it’s a bunch of garbage.

12 Likes

@Cerby Can I have some of that gold please

Dude, chill. He just pointing it out.

1 Like

@Drone_IX bro, suicide is no joke.

Srry, I really don’t mean it.

As multiple people have pointed, with the game modes right now you need at least 20, if not 25 good heroes, and everything you do in this game requires gold. Between skills and badges I wouldn’t be at all surprised if you’re looking at a number close to 10 million just to raise one hero to max.

And with the sheer number of heroes and the fact that five are needed for each friend campaign, there’s no way you can avoid training up a minimum of 25 or you’re going to have issues getting missions done, even just for your main 15 or 20 you need for war. In all actuality you probably need closer to 30 or 35 at least partly worked up to get the disks for the main ones you use in war.

Right now because of how little gold you get compared to how much you need, everyone’s progress is super slow as it is. Making skills cost more only shows that further. I know you guys say you have a plan for progress of the game, but between the low gold and low drop rate of badges it takes sometimes upwards of two or three weeks to promote one hero up a rank.

I love this game, and don’t plan on going anywhere, but there’s just not enough resources in the game to work on a top 15 easily, let alone the 20 to 25 you need to account for off duty heroes across the different modes, especially since there are usually different heroes off duty in both war and heist at any given point.

If you don’t want people to keep disappearing like I know they have, you need to put changes in place to keep the game fun, and not just for the low level players. It gets really discouraging when it takes forever to get anywhere, and I’m one of the people who does spend money, and it still takes forever.

Please take all of this feedback into account, we wouldn’t be here telling you if we didn’t love the game. But each time you make it harder you cause more people to leave.

10 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Economy changes with 1.7:

@Polaris please explain how at one point you say it because we are storing to much gold and then you give a triple gold city watch event. I am happy to have this event but you are going against what u said. Can you please explain this. You are losing a lot of players and paying players which is a shame. I am on server 7 and it looks like u lost one of your all time biggest spenders from our guild.

3 Likes

We should now all just start hoarding as much gold and xp as possible…

But I agree, as a casual spender and top 10 guild, floating around top 150, that the changes are a) unnecessary and b) unfair for those that didn’t manage to upgrade their heroes before the changes. Maybe, if you wanted to increase it, do it from the new level cap and not annoy and unfairly treat those that could not get there first.

3 Likes

Well… you could keep your Team Level at minimum and level up your Heroes’ Skills…

Dear Perblue,
First let me thank for putting up a great game. The effort and time you put into the animation, sound effects etc. is astonishing.

I really love most of your ideas.

But the errors in the recent past (6th star and now this uselesse update) brought this game to the edge of a breaking point.
I know that your Investors are demanding more and more from you. But there is also a obligation towards your license giver the Disney Company.
Obtaining a license means in no way “I can do WHATEVER I want”.

Making it more expensive for kids to play cant be what Walt Disney had in mind when he created his company.

This still is a GAME not an investion for a faceless bunch of ppl in the background.
Obtaining a license is a PRIVILIGE and an OBLIGATION…

I hope for the better that you improve your customer -support relations in the future and implement customer feedback aka heist kick fasterv - but this “update” is, in this way, unacceptable.
Beste regards

7 Likes

@Polaris I’m refusing to use gold or xp until it has been switched back. It’ll only be a matter of time until they switch it or I get bored of not leveling any heroes and quit.

3 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney