Economy changes with 1.7

I can’t believe it. Perblue needs to adjust something before it’s too late

2 Likes

I am now on server 12 and a Free to Play player and please allow me to tell you all how I feel.

First of all, I have never been able to reach the level cap before they release a new one. When it’s 80, I’m 77. When it 95, I’m 89. I think you get the picture. Everyday I do my dailies, use up all my free stamina that I could get but I hardly keep up with others. And that’s fine because I enjoy the game at my own pace. I couldn’t care less about other trying to be on top or anything (I don’t that is a bad thing). But now, with this update, it is very hard for me to even do that

When I upgrade a heroes, I just choose the skill I deem useful to upgrade, not all of them. Like Nick Wilde, my most beloved one, I only max his white and purple skill. Callhoun and Quorra, just their purple one, Mr. I just his blue and purple one… The other skill I just upgrade them at some point then I drop because I DON’T HAVE ENOUGH GOLD.

Before the upgrade, I had 1 mil and something and the minute I got to 89, I upgraded all my main heroes’ skill (top 15) and wala, all my gold gone! Like they never existed in the first place. Then came the upgrade… It made everything worse! I haven’t upgrade any skill of my main heroes because it was too much for me to handle and just some of them are 4 maxed skills

If Perblue say that you don’t need to focus on every heroes, then I think it’s hard to understand because:

1. Team trial. To complete them to get the bit I need, I have to upgrade the heroes that most of the time, I don’t use. Especially the blue team trial. Before elsa and shank come, I am stuck at blue team trial 75! Because in that team, my only mains heroes is just Stitch (with his white, blue, purple skill max) and Callhoun. If you don’t encourage us to upgrade nearly all the heroes, why you make the team trial so hard? :frowning:

2. Friend Disc. Sometimes, when I get lucky, I get the friendship that have both of my main heroes, so there is almost nothing to say, after Perblude make friend campaign easier. But most of the time, it consists of my main heroes and the other one I rarely use. To unlock that friendship, I need to at least level those to a certain level. And upgrade their skill a little bit to last at friend campaign. And that’s not everything. During friend campaign, they will choose for me some other heroes to HELP me. God forbid those are the one I don’t like. And after (by some miracle) completing those exhausting fight, got the disc, to level up that, you need to level up the friend’s level! How is that fair? I only need them to unlock the disc, I don’t want to level up some heroes I don’t use!

3. The drop rate is insane. To craft 1 purple/ orange badge, It takes me days or even weeks to complete and nearly ALL of my heroes need them. So what could I do? I keep grinding and grinding, spending and spending the little amount of stamina that I got… And I gets me nowhere

4. You say that we could get gold in Heist and please let me tell you something, that is a total LIE. In Heist (which I play like every single day), we only get Heist token, influence and a bonus of power disc (from medium mode above) so where is the gold that you mention. And I have completed the very hard mode so no, I can’t find it anywhere in Heist

5. When you said above lv 86, the Gold and Exp bottle increase, I thought It only applied to the heroes level. But no, it affected all my heroes because it is based on team level. So now, even if I want to upgrade someone (like Ursula, who I haven’t got the chance AND gold), I can not do that without neglecting my main heroes.

I feel like Perblue doesn’t care about us - the free to play player. They hardly give the player anything and if they do, it always comes with a price (barely give us more gold then increase the cost! What an amazing help!)

Some players pay to get ahead fast and to be on top (I do not blame or criticize them), but when they realize, there nobody to get ahead of, they will stop spending and ultimately, playing. So yes, the one who pay is important, but also the one who play for free is.

So, Perblue, in your next upgrade, If you do not change the situation, I will have no choice but to quit, even though I am so in love with my guild right now.

P/s: If your company does not want player to hoard gold, then don’t offer gold in the deal. Like today, player could buy 5mil gold, yesterday was 7mil. Hm… I wonder how gold hoarding problem exist?

And NO, we do not hoarding gold… The only thing we have hoarded so far is the disappointment!

24 Likes

No I didn’t i think that’s everbodys own decision

While I am with you 100% on this post, there is some truth in getting gold from heist technically. That would be the credits that sometimes pop up in the heist shop, but this can be said about any shop outside of Badge and Memory Token. Other than that, excellent post and does a great job capturing the frustration that many players like us face.

4 Likes

Oh, okay then…

(20 characters)

They “compensated” it by lowering the Hero Level to Unlock Friendship and the Enemy Level and Rarity…

Aside from that, the later Discs are very useful, which is very hard to get if you don’t level up your Heroes that much…

Thank you so much. It’s true that we can purchase credit in shop. But I have stopped doing that a long time ago since I found the amount I could buy is nowhere near what I need…

3 Likes

But they also lower the success rate of friend mission. And let’s not forget that the later Discs missions require the useful bit to start…

I have enough memories to evolve Friend Disc Merida get from Elastic Girl but because the bit they require for mission is so useful and I have very limited number of that, that I just keep those friendship at level 10 :slight_smile: therefore, can not evolve :frowning: what a shame :frowning:

3 Likes

That’s why I used “compensated”

Did a little math testing and checked how much I can get for gold that I earn naturally without bonuses as a VIP 0 person. While I am not 100% sure how much gold I earn naturally from in-game playing in a single day as a level 96 player, soon 97 today or tomorrow, but I at least earn over 500 000 gold and maybe closer to 1 000 000 a day or at least under 2 000 000 in a day I would assume.

So let’s say I get exactly 1 000 000 million and with the old rounded up value 75 000 I get about 13 or so skill level ups in 1 day of play, which is 3 characters of my best characters can get leveled up their skill 1 time on all 4 skills.

With the new value 95 000 it is only 10 main skills in a day, so 2 and a half character in one day of normal earning in-game. While 3 or so less might not be that much of a difference number wise, it will add up over time.

I for the moment wait it out and see what happens as I don’t really want to spend my gold before we know if the skill cost increase will get reverted or not, given the fact that my resource are pretty limited.

But yeah, hope it will go good in the end :-).

1 Like

Anyone else still not spending any gold or xp until this is reversed? Edit: meant xp not stamina

4 Likes

Stamina don’t have nothing about this garbage.
But I slow down my gold using, veeery much.
This change is terrible, 48 heroes, each one need 12M gold to fully upgrade skills (now 16M). Also badges sucks a lot of gold same as ench. badges and evolving heroes. Too much gold needed but sources are very limited, now we even need to pay more for less sources. Terrible.

2 Likes

I started hoarding for the first time after that update. No joke. This game sucks now.
Lost another spender here.

3 Likes

We can’t just be standing around here doing nothing. There are some Heroes that need Skills levelled up…

2 Likes

I dont feel “right” with this game anymore…its lost its magic :dizzy::anger:

3 Likes

I wonder how it is for PerBlue to read all of this feedback.

I am pretty sure they tried to balance the economy in the sense that those who use real money on bundles which include usually a fair amount of gold, but the problem is that those who don’t use real money on bundles or spend relatively little don’t have the inflation issue and are unbalancedly hurt by the skill and exp cost increase.

I don’t know the best way to solve the the unbalanced gold situation, but of course stopping including gold in bundles should help stabilize the gold balance between players somewhat. An another thing would be letting cosmetic things like costume threads be purchasable for a fair amount of gold is also a good solution, and should be a good and healthy in-game gold sink for the game.

@Polaris I know you probably have it a bit rough these days, but I will say that I hope you are okey in real life and aren’t unhealthy stressed by all of this. Just know that we all want to support the game and be the best it can be, so I hope you are alright in real life Polaris :-).

1 Like

Hmmm ironically enough, as new players join this game, they will not be aware that this is a problem. They will think it is normal. Perhaps they did want all the old people to leave…

I would leave this game but for some of my friends. Maybe we can all go play the dreamworks game together and leave this behind us when it comes out.

1 Like

What dreamworks game?

1 Like

Dreamworks Universe of Legends.

Their heads are A bit weird but it might work

2 Likes

This change in my opinion was really unnecessary. But got a question @Polaris. Is Perblue going to increase the number of events? Between Christmas until today if I ain’t wrong, all events opened by the 3rd time in a row.
If yes, got to say it’s nice and bearable. But hope you consider making some other changes, cause it’s really lackluster to read we are “supose” to choose a few heroes to play with, between 49 heroes (and more on new announcements). I enjoy progressing heroes in this game, but I also got to help my guild stay firm in the competition. At the moment since skill prices raised, I dropped from arena, and start levelling all my weak heroes to level 86 instead. I haven’t touched a single lvl 95 hero I got, knowing what awaits for me.
I understand we shouldn’t be able to lvl every single hero in a matter of weeks, which is why this economy change was not necessary and the gold hoard will keep happening regardless of it or not.
If the big spenders choose to just speed race and get to the top in a matter of weeks and end up with nothing to do, it’s their choice, and it’s because of this choice they will have millions of gold always in store. The update pace is fine but with the gold skill and xp increase, the lvl cap shouldn’t increase so often anymore to let players enjoy the current cap. Delaying it for 1 or 2 weeks more tops between updates, should be fine.
I love the game, and it’s still very F2p friendly actually believing it or not, non-competitive wise of course. We still can get all heroes with not that much effort, plenty of gold, good modes, silly and fun interactions with disney-pixar characters (cannot wait for invasion server wide release). Is just the hero progress became tedious.
If you ask me, the economy was fine the way it was.

2 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney