Endless Creep Surge Preview

Did some quick testing, and it doesn’t work this way. If the player sends all their heroes to the HQ, that doesn’t affect the status of their mercenary heroes.

The difficulty hasn’t been changed. The opponent lineups are pulled from Coliseum, which should result in more variety. I’ve asked the team about this and they’re looking at the data.

What sort of perks would help? An extenstion of existing perks or something new?

The gold at the end should be comparable or higher to what you earned before. The gold dropped in each region is lower, but with the multiplier the guild earns, the gold will be the same or higher at the end.

We don’t want players to earn less than with the old Creep Surge. We will be watching the data to make sure this is the case.

That’s how it used to be, and it was frustrating for players to choose a district, take the time to set up a team and then have an error that the district was already under attack. There are 2 timers currently that will look the same to players. The first is 180 seconds and starts when the player opens the hero chooser screen. This clears if the player enters another district. The second is 5 minutes, and starts when the combat begins. This clears when the combat ends. So, if the player disconnects, it will stay locked out for the full time, but otherwise ends when the battle ends.

The difficulty hasn’t been changed. The opponent lineups are pulled from Coliseum, which should result in more variety and less meta lineups. I’ve asked the team about this and they’re looking at the data.

3 Likes

The unused merc stays with the player and they can use it in the next Surge. That’s the way it works in old Creep Surge also.

2 Likes

It sure didn’t feel that way… For some weak districts, I could hire a strong Beast, Randal or Bunny and they would clear them out. Now, they got defeated… by enemies in lower rank than them…

And it’s not only me who feel this way. Many of my friends think so too. Anyways, I will wait until next few Surge to see how things go

More basic damage, skill power, HP. More merc slots, reduce hire cost, hire above lv…

And if you can think of some new perks to help us out, pls do :slight_smile:

Also, 1 small thing, can you guys set up an automatic system that send all remaining heroes of everyone in our guild to HQ before Surge ends in 1 min… Because, not everyone will be able to do so before Surge ends. Some of us are busy, you know

And 1 more thing, if people don’t do any fight in Surge and send all their heroes to HQ, do they still earn gold? And the gold they earn (before multiplied) is their total power?

3 Likes

I still think the gold needs some boost, tbh… because, it’s not easy reaching high multiplier…

5 Likes

A few new perk ideas:

1.For heroes: Increase armor, reality, attack speed, damage dealt by X percent per perk level. Decrease damage taken by X percent per perk lv

1. For enemies: Decrease armor, reality, attack speed, damage dealt by X percent per perk lv. Increase damage taken by X percent per perk lv

2. Enemies total power is reduced by X percent per perk lv when us raiding. This way, we can save a little bit power in case we have to raid

Above are some of my opinion. Hope you guys could consider, @Polaris. And if any has any feedback or thoughts would like to share, I’m all ears

5 Likes

dat would really help maxed guilds…in spennding their influence

Maybe some consumable perks could also be aimed at surge to add to the existing ones that help maxed-out guilds.

Something like… a ‘surge suppressor’ item available once a week that halves the enemy power across the board for 1 surge.

Or, a ‘turbo surge’ item available once a week that doubles the rate at which surge points are earned for 1 surge.

:man_shrugging:t2:

Yeah, I realised this after posting. However I did always think that was a bit silly, and allowed players to reserve high mercs for the next surge removing them from play for the surge currently active - not very helpful in most cases.

4 Likes

Another issue I’ve noticed is that with the new Surge lasting 24 hours, there’s no time in-between to review the logs & stats from the previous surge before the new one instantly begins.

Maybe there could be a separate button next to ‘Guild Info’ to view the page from the previous surge?

2 Likes

On the gold monitoring front, I cleared (I think) 11 battles for around 16m power, and received 13m gold. This was at tier 14, with a x1.91 multiplier. This still feels lower than before :frowning_face:

We received around the same tokens we’d expect to get from wave 16-17 before, so probably all ok there.

For guilds that were regularly clearing 20 waves of surge with the capacity to do even more, they will probably receive the same amount of gold as before - but for guilds who couldn’t, it seems to be less.

1 Like

So. I cleared about 22million in surge (could’ve cleared more but I didn’t have the gold to get more mercs), and was set to receive 15 million in gold (which seems significantly less than before. I don’t think I actually came out ahead any gold at all). However, when I was going to claim my gold, I ended up pressing the back button on my phone. When I went back in to surge to collect my gold, it was no longer there and I do not have the 15m gold (I only have 5m so I forsure didn’t receive it). Is this a glitch? Am I just out all that gold now?

3 Likes

Surge just lost its primary motivator for me… I need gold, I hit surge… Now I will get it sometime… Pretty dumb. Yea, I will hit it for the team… But not like I did since I can’t afford mercs anymore

4 Likes

So today, I receive my first gold and token from new Surge system. And tbh, I’m not impressed by it at all!!!

I first thought that, as picture below, I would get 7.1 * 1.82 gold at the end of Surge. And I thought, “Wow, not bad. So maybe gold wasn’t decreased at all, like Polaris said on forum”

But then, reality hits me. Hard. As it turns out, 7.1M gold is the gold after multiplied!!! It’s basically the same as Old Surge for me! And you know what’s worse? I even get less token because it’s too hard to clear waves…

I know this is just a test version of new Surge system. And things need to change. But by the look of it, this new Surge is not even worth our work, time and energy because what we earn is such a bad joke :frowning:

And 1 more thing, all heroes we send to HQ earns us ZERO gold! Shouldn’t we at least get from that??? Some of my members sent all their heroes to HQ and ended up with nothing for 1st day with new system. What a wonderful experience!

P/s: While the gold I earned from new Surge is not too different from what I did with old ones, it is not the same for others. Some high power members used to earn 20M gold, now they only get around 8M… One of my long-term player even said he might quit this game because how bad things become in Surge…

I wonder, how could something sounds so good on paper, turns out to be such a complete letdown like this?

7 Likes

I don’t believe this at all. 10 for us went up by 200k from previous surge(no power increase in the guild either). And we usually can hire one good mercenary and clear 10-28 easy. But now it’s unbeliably hard to finish 10-18 and not even the best heroes can solo it anymore.
And I recieved so little gold in comparison to what I usually get.
Surge was the thing I was really really good at but this completely ruined the fun for me.

8 Likes

Maybe you can change it so one can keep the tier Multiplier the same as it is when it end daily for the next day for a week with toons and daily gold giveaway for the daily done being the only thing that resets each day. This way it promotes guilds to participate as much as they can everyday and give everyone better Surge coin And gold rewards overall. So really would have a more “endless” feel.

It’s not worth the effort anymore. You cut the gold drop by 70% or so which means the guild needs a 3.5x multiplier just to get back to what we had before. Please rollback this update.

5 Likes

Is this supposed to happen @Polaris?

Being able to refight a dead team.

They said in the update you be allowed to fight cleared areas just will not count towards clearing bonuses if fought again.

3 Likes

That’s due to the new city watch matchmaking and power adjustment we’re having the same issue our surge went from 190 to 300k in 1 day cause of the power adjustments and it’s impossible to do any districts now almost

1 Like

And it’s really depressing tbh cause individual heroes didn’t get nearly as big an increase as the surge districts did

@Polaris…I cant hire a new merc…since i hired mulan…
Wuts happening with new surge please help

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney