Endless Creep Surge
Creep Surge was one of the earliest features for Disney Heroes. Over time it’s started to show its age, so we wanted to give it an update. This includes many quality of life changes players have wanted, but we’ve also made some mechanical changes for improved gameplay.
You’ll still clear districts and waves as before, but now doing so will contribute points to your Guild. As your Guild earns more points, the Guild’s reward tier increases, which increases the gold your entire Guild earns from Surge!
For now, the Surge rework will only be available on servers 2 & 9. There are some polish elements we’re still working on, but we want to gather feedback from these servers to make improvements before a global release.
Points & reward tiers
- Summary: Surge now has a point system. Surge points contributes to a reward tier, which ultimately improves everyone’s gold in Surge!
- Earn points by clearing districts, finishing waves, and contributing to the Guild HQ. (The HQ is new–read about it in the next section.)
- Guilds progress through reward tiers by earning points.
- Advancing reward tiers earns the guild a higher multiplier to everyone’s gold earned from that Surge.
- Note that this means you won’t instantly gain gold when defeating districts anymore, but you’ll get all your (multiplied) gold when Surge ends.
- The exact number of points required per reward tier may differ from Surge to Surge (and Guild to Guild). That’s because the required amount of points is computed based on the amount of points available on the map.
- Note that Guilds that clear similarly powered districts should expect comparable reward tier progression in Surge.
- Points earned for clearing districts are based on the power of that district.
- Lower numbered districts will have better point ratios to give extra incentive to clear those harder districts.
- Summary: The HQ gives you a quick way to participate in Surge and ensures you can use all of your Heroes!
- One of the islands is now the Guild HQ
- Contribute unused heroes at the HQ to earn points for your Guild.
- Contributed heroes can’t fight in any Surge battles.
- Summary: Daily Bonuses are battle goals to shake up the way you construct teams. Accomplish them for extra rewards!
- Bonuses are optional goals you can attempt for extra gold.
- Bonuses generally give you restrictions on how to construct your lineup.
- Example: “Win with no Tank role Heroes.”
- Example: “Win with exactly 4 Heroes.”
- To earn the bonus gold you must win a fight or quick fight. (Raids do not count.)
- Bonuses increase the gold you earn from a fight.
- The increase can vary from +100% gold up to (rarely) +800% gold!
- Each Surge will pick two random bonuses to use.
- If you’re clever you can qualify for both bonuses in a single fight, with the bonus gold adding together!
- Each bonus can apply in up to 2 fights.
- Daily bonuses and the amount of their rewards will be the same across all guilds on the same server. (But can vary between servers.)
- Bonuses unlock at Team Level 32.
- Summary: Highlights acknowledge player accomplishments within Surge and celebrates that with the Guild.
- End of surge results will now highlight up to 4 players for various accomplishments in Surge.
- Example: Days in a row a player participated in surge
- Example: Players who win attacks with a very underpowered team relative to the defender.
- Note that you’ll need to do well in a highlight category to get chosen, but highlights won’t always display the very top player in that category.
- Highlights have no direct rewards associated with them but we thought it would be nice to celebrate each other’s accomplishments.
- Removed the wave limit in Surge–your guild goes as far as it can!
- Since Surge can no longer “complete,” the previous completion bonus of 30 Surge tokens and 5,000 influence will now be given automatically to each Guild.
- Added the ability for players to still attack districts already cleared for the wave.
- When attacking cleared districts, you cannot use mercenaries.
- Gold and point rewards for beating cleared districts will be the same.
- Beating cleared districts won’t contribute towards clearing regions or waves
- This change is primarily to open up the map so that players with weaker heroes still have access to districts to attack and earn gold from.
- When you’re on the hero lineup screen for a district, other players will be unable to select that district for 3 minutes.
- This should prevent people from accidentally taking districts from you!
- Changed Surge to last 24 hours. (Instead of 20 hours.)
- Surge reset times are no longer tied to time zones and Surge will now reset for everyone when war resets (11 AM CT).
- Note that there’s a short intermission period for Surge to calculate its results.
- Improved the logic for the recommended district star.
- You can now see a running total of how much gold you’ve earned during a Surge.
- HUD on the main map has been updated.
- How to play has been updated
- A note on rewards: Given the new reward system, it’s impossible to make rewards in the updated Surge exactly equivalent to old Surge. However, we’ve done our best to make rewards comparable for most people. This is something we’ll be closely monitoring.
- You will notice that the gold granted per district is much less than you see in the current Creep Surge, but overall the rewards should be comparable.