Epic Mickey's Popular Picks

Hey folks, I’m Epic Mickey!

Some of you might remember me from my older topics, where I write up character concepts based on heroes and villains being discussed within the community :slight_smile:

If you missed them (which is fine because to be fair, both are old topics), here’s a link to see what I mean:

As to why I’m here now, inspiration has drawn me back into that business for at least a final push of a hurrah as I knock out a lot of characters I hadn’t the time to delve deeper on in the past. The only difference now is that my concept will be very loose, speaking a bit more frank, and any other ideas that cross my mind as I write.

Some are character picks I’ve heard around the game, forums, and Discord servers as very requested. Others are characters I’m taking up stock on, for their impact or just my own personal favorites.

As of this post, the latest to be added into the game are both The Rocketeer (who was someone I briefly mentioned in the past, and very happy to see added) and Mr. Big and Koslov (who were COMPLETE surprises but are more than welcomed with open arms).

They might come over time, or maybe a bunch at once, but you can expect:

• My general thoughts on said character
  • Some potential skills and abilities, including options for Disk functions
  • Some other third thing
  • Possible Friends they can look forward to making

And I will say this now… Raya :dragon: from the upcoming movie is definitely one of the characters I think deserves a spot in this game. The movie isn’t out yet, and I don’t have Premium Access to see it immediately, so I won’t be able to make a cohesive enough concept for some time…

But having said that, I think she incorporates a lot of the butt-kicking awesomeness we see in game already, so she’s a perfect pick to me already.

Had to get that out there :wink: so see ya real soon!~

5 Likes

OSWALD THE LUCKY RABBIT

First and foremost, a long-forgotten star who’s been waiting for his day in the limelight long enough! Disney made a big deal about gaining him back when they made the game series for which my profile is named after, so why not flaunt him around to the fans?

Even without the larger stories found in the older Friendships, this is the chance to flesh out his character, much like with Powerline in the past! Plus, being the first game of this genre to include Oswald would make it memorable like none other :wink:

My Quote of Choice

“I’m starting to see why he liked you more.”

Possible Roles

Control, Damage

Potential Skillset

• An attack or skill, where Oswald uses his arm or an ear as a boomerang, hitting multiple enemies.

• An attack or skill, where Oswald intimidates enemies and gives himself Reflect.

• An attack or skill, where Oswald calls on his Bunny Children to attack for him, giving Fatigue.

• An attack or skill, where Oswald uses a remote control to remove Shields, or Shield an ally.

• An attack or skill, where Oswald uses his ears as helicopter blades to fly around and perform an action.

• An ability or Disk, where Oswald revives himself in battle, with a boost of Tenacity and/or Evasion.

• An ability or Disk, where Oswald gains Hardy when intimidating enemies.

Possible Friendships

Mickey Mouse, WALL-E, Ralph, Nick Wilde, Huey Dewey & Louie

Closing Thoughts

Oswald is the only one I can recall to make it on both previous Popular Suggested Heroes lists, and while that one Red badge in game makes his inclusion unlikely, he remains a long-awaited inclusion to not only the City and the Hub, but to this wonderful world that has been asking about him for so long.

FOZZIE BEAR

I thought Fozzie would be added by now, given the Muppet Show was recently added onto Disney+, and we had already gotten both Kermit and the Swedish Chef as well. Even if that date had passed, I still have hope for this bear to make tracks in the City. The game had made wonderful and engaging skillsets for every Muppet added to this day, and a signature figure like Fozzie would fit right in.

His jokes are more groaners than homeruns, so I’m imagining he would play heavily into the Fatigue status that goes around. Either he builds off of the Fatigue for big damage, or he has a bunch of disables in his bag of tricks. Maybe both, who knows?

My Quote of Choice

“Wocka wocka!”

Possible Roles

Damage, Control

Potential Skillset

• An attack or skill, where Fozzie tells a joke to an enemy, giving Fatigue.

• An attack or skill, where Fozzie finishes a punchline and pauses for enemy reaction, giving them Fatigue and Slowing their speed.

• An attack or skill, where Fozzie uses a bow to fire a rubber chicken like an arrow.

• An attack or skill, where Fozzie throws a banana cream pie.

• An ability or Disk, where Fozzie enters battle wearing fart shoes, which lowers Tenacity or gives Fatigue.

• An ability or Disk, where Fozzie does more damage per stack of Fatigue on enemies.

• An ability or Disk, where Fozzie recovers health when damaging an enemy with Fatigue with his jokes.

• An ability or Disk, where Fozzie avoids an enemy attack, and said enemy is hit by a tomato.

Possible Friendships

Kermit, The Queen of Hearts, Genie, Mike Wazowski, Hamm, Launchpad McQuack

Closing Thoughts

I think it was Fozzie and a few others that were really driving in my thoughts to create this topic to begin with? Either way, even if we are all Muppet out for the time being, I hope Fozzie gets added sometime in the future to join the rest of the colorful cast. And, what’s the deal with Creeps, huh? Wocka wocka~ :wink:

1 Like

BARLEY LIGHTFOOT

I love Barley, I need Barley, we all need Barley! I legit cheered when I saw Ian being added, and the Manticore was super cool to see also, so I say we need to cap the movie off at 3 heroes with Barley himself. His personality is so memorable, and is such a fun character to see interact with the world around him.

For all his adventuring know-how, he prefers to pass his knowledge onto others, almost like he is the Dungeon Master of your team, wanting to help everyone get to the end of the encounter.

My Quote of Choice

“Put it in O, for onward!”

Possible Roles

Support

Potential Skillset

• An attack or skill, where Barley throws some multi-sided dice at multiple enemies.

• An attack or skill, where Barley swings a replica sword to attack.

• An attack or skill, where Barley reads from his Quests of Yore book, increasing Basic Damage or Skill Power of allies at the player’s choice.

• An ability or Disk, where Barley insures that all of his allies attack first, even if the enemies have increased speed.

• An ability or Disk, where Barley is immune to Scare.

• An ability or Disk, where Barley grants Hardy to allies.

• An ability or Disk, where Barley ensures all Critical Hits become Super Crits for his allies.

• An ability or Disk, where Barley increases Armor or Reality for allies when reading Quests of Yore, depending on which stat the ally is weaker against.

Possible Friendships

Ian Lightfoot, The Manticore, Lock Shock and Barrel, Rapunzel, Scrooge McDuck, Finnick

Closing Thoughts

I love RPGs with every fiber of my being, and including Barley in a game of that genre just feels like the obvious choice to me. Onward is a really special movie for me, so I’m really hoping to see Barley in the future. And as lovely as his van is, I see it as a conversation piece instead of a part of his skillset, as to not be too similar to Finnick.

1 Like

Soul was a very strong movie, and I think it won an award recently for its musical score? Enter 22, the only character I can really see becoming a playable character in the world of Disney Heroes, for the reasons I’ll get into below.

22’s whole struggle is finding her place or role in the world around her, so what’s to say that stops in the City? I see 22 as a unit that constantly switches roles to see what works for her, giving added benefits to her allies in the process. As a starting role, I’m thinking either Support or just… being the only unit without a role assigned to them.

My Quote of Choice

“I’m gonna make you wish you never died.”

Possible Roles

Tank, Damage, Support, Control

Potential Skillset

• An attack or skill, where 22 throws a bundle of sand at an enemy, bypassing Shields.

• An attack or skill, where 22 pauses and decides what role she wants to become at the player’s choice.

• An attack or skill, where 22 dances and lowers the Blue skill level of enemies.

• An ability or Disk, where 22 gives enemies stacks of Weakness.

• An ability or Disk, where 22 gives a status to allies or enemies depending on the role she chooses. This can range from Study, Scare, Precise, or Reflect.

• An ability or Disk, where 22 starts combat as whatever role most represented in the current team.

• An ability or Disk, where 22 is immune to Hex.

Possible Friendships

Kevin Flynn, Simba & Nala, Stitch, Jim Hawkins, EVE, Merida

Closing Thoughts

I liked Soul as a movie, but I personally feel that if anyone deserved a character added onto the game it would be 22 instead of main character Joe, as 22 shows more abilities in film, and would have more creative range and interest by comparison. Originally I didn’t think much of Soul in the City, but when 22 dawned on me, I knew I just had to spread the word about the concept!

1 Like

I like what i’m seeing so far. What other heroes are you going to do in the future?

1 Like

GO GO TOMAGO

With more recent inclusions of Wasabi and Honey Lemon, I am convinced we will have all of Big Hero 6 present in this game, and maybe a Collection to follow. But for now, Go Go was a longtime candidate of mine for this game, with her need for speed attitude and tough as nails approach.

The key is to make her speed-based like Dash, but do so in a different approach so she still stands out, besides her ranged options. Sure Dash gets that big speed boost at the start of combat with his Red Skill, but Go Go would be someone that if she gains enough momentum, is hard to take down.

My Quote of Choice

“Stop whining, woman up!”

Possible Roles

Damage

Potential Skillset

• An attack or skill, where Go Go throws two of her disks at a single target.

• An attack or skill, where Go Go makes herself immune to disables, while also increasing her speed.

• An attack or skill, where Go Go barrels through an entire group of enemies at once.

• An ability or Disk, where Go Go has increased Evasion or a chance to dodge enemy attacks.

• An ability or Disk, where Go Go gains energy over time, as long as she has a speed boost.

• An ability or Disk, where Go Go is more likely to Crit against enemies with lower speed than her.

• An ability or Disk, where Go Go dodges an enemy attack and steals any speed buffs they may have, or give them a Slow if they do not have any.

Possible Friendships

The Rocketeer, Hiro Hamada, Honey Lemon, Shank, Quorra

Closing Thoughts

Go Go is incredibly quick and really hard to pin down once she’s revved up, and would look amazing next to her teammates in a game like this. There’s such a golden opportunity to put all of Big Hero 6 together in a game of this genre. I hope she’s already in development if not being heavily considered.

@Mister_Toon I have a good number planned, some heroes, some villains, some from PIXAR and even a few headscratchers on “huh, who are they again?”

Thanks for the feedback, I hope you enjoy the others on their way! :smiley:

FRED

Last but not least, Fred himself to go with the Go Go I just added above, and to finish off the Big Hero 6 team. Fred’s energy and trope-savvy expertise would be fun to let wild around the City and the Hub, and could translate into a couple different roles depending.

Either a reckless Damage dealer, or another mid-line Tank who quickly goes ham, barrels into the enemy team, and distracts them long enough for his allies to clean house. Fred is as awesome as he is versitile.

My Quote of Choice

“How cool is that?! I mean, it’s scary, obviously, but how cool!”

Possible Roles

Tank, Damage

Potential Skillset

• An attack or skill, where Fred leaps forward for a claw attack, before jumping back to his spot.

• An attack or skill, where Fred super jumps into the middle of the enemy team, gaining Reflect.

• An attack or skill, where Fred breaths fire over a wide area, igniting enemies.

• An attack or skill, where Fred spins a flaming sign around in his hands, gaining some sort of buff in the process, such as Reflect or a speed increase.

• An ability or Disk, where Fred lowers the Reality of enemies he set on fire.

• An ability or Disk, where Fred also Blinds enemies set on fire.

• An ability or Disk, where Fred can have Reflect on him for a longer duration.

• An ability or Disk, where Fred heals for damage blocked by Reflect.

• An ability or Disk, where Fred takes reduced damage from Crits when his Reflect fades away.

Possible Friendships

Wasabi, Launchpad McQuack, Baymax, Gonzo, Timon & Pumbaa, Duke Caboom

Closing Thoughts

Even though I mentioned I see possibility of him as a Damage dealer, I am leaning more toward the Tank path for Fred. Having Reflect would safeguard his reckless behavior, where as someone like Jessie diving right in could just crumble right on the spot.

RADIO

This is almost completely a personal favorite of mine, but with recent badges coming out to reference The Brave Little Toaster, who’s to say its out of the realm of possibility? Easily the most bombastic appliance in the film, the inclusion of Mushu shows that small stature doesn’t dampen the odds of being made playable in Disney Heroes.

Often described as a blast from the past, Radio would play music to help allies on the battlefield, bringing back old favorites including older buffs from the start of combat onward. Similar to Kermit, who spreads active buffs to allies, Radio brings back old ones with a big more oomph than before.

My Quote of Choice

“Why if only we were all wiener dogs, our problems would be solved!”

Possible Roles

Support

Potential Skillset

• An attack or skill, where Radio broadcasts to all of his allies, recycling expired buffs back onto them for their original duration. This starts at the first buffs to expire or be removed, and can include Timon & Pumbaa’s Hakuna Matata and Ian’s Reflect.

• An attack or skill, where Radio sends out a soundwave from his speaker.

• An attack or skill, where Radio makes his allies become Energized.

• An ability or Disk, where Radio is always Energized.

• An ability or Disk, where Radio avoids an attack and counters with a furry of strikes from his antenna.

• An ability or Disk, where Radio makes his allies Energized for longer, and increases the energy they gain.

Possible Friendships

Hamm, Stitch, Belle, Kevin Flynn, Angel, Donald Duck

Closing Thoughts

I did have another concept regarding Radio which will include all of his friends in a larger idea, where also being the most characters put together in a single slot. That bigger idea would probably be less likely, but if there was ever a single entity to add from that series of movies, my vote is on Radio here.

TOASTER & FRIENDS

Fully comprised of Toaster, Lampy, Kirby, Blanky, and Radio. With nearly all of them being relatively small like Mushu, they can all stay together on a rolling chair being towed by Kirby, who is connected to a battery tied under the seat.

I did have enough of an idea for Radio to be standalone, the others were not nearly as expansive without me repeating myself. So to remedy this, I have an optional idea to have them all together as the game’s first multiple character unit, far more than the 3 we’ve seen before in some trios.

My Quote of Choice

“Well you can do what you’d like, we’re not gonna give up hope.”

Possible Roles

Support, Control

Potential Skillset

• An attack or skill, where Lampy shines his light forward and Blinds enemies.

• An attack or skill, where Toaster shines his reflective surface, granting an ally Reflect.

• An attack or skill, where Blanky cuddles with an ally, granting them a Shield.

• An attack or skill, where Radio broadcasts to all of their allies, recycling expired buffs back into combat.

• An attack or skill, where Kirby rams into an enemy.

• An ability or Disk, where Toaster & Friends avoid an attack and gain stacks of Hardy.

• An ability or Disk, where Toaster & Friends are always Energized.

• An ability or Disk, where Toaster & Friends make allies Energized for longer, and increase the energy they gain.

• An ability or Disk, where Lampy does bonus damage to enemies with Shields when he shines his light.

• An ability or Disk, where Toaster & Friends gain energy over time as long as they are Energized.

• An ability or Disk, where Blanky gives a stronger Shield depending on how much health the target is missing.

Possible Friendships

Belle, The Beast, Mickey Mouse, Megavolt, Woody, Alice, Merlin, Jack-Jack

Closing Thoughts

The quote I used for Radio above cracks me up, but there’s something about Toaster & Friends that really feels like a good fit. Even watching the movie again now for inspiration, its clear they all deserve a bit more love and recognition in the grander scheme of things.

1 Like

You weren’t kidding. These guys are old school. I like it.

1 Like

Mind if i do one?

PAIN & PANIC

I was never much for the movie Hercules but watching it again lately had reminded me of how much I liked seeing Pain & Panic do their thing and just scheme with Hades. And looking back, Hercules could use more characters, maybe even enough to make a Collection if the option is there!

A duo for the villains, these two would use every trick in the book to reinforce their allies and make mischief for their enemies. I still think we need a Support-role Villain, and they are one of my options for such a spot.

My Quote of Choice

“If… if is good.”

Possible Roles

Support, Control

Potential Skillset

• An attack or skill, where Pain & Panic throw an urn at an enemy.

• An attack or skill, where Pain & Panic stack up on each other, transforming into an enemy at the player’s choice to use their active skill. The active skill copied functions like the original move, but the strength is determined by Pain & Panic’s own stats.

• An attack or skill, where Panic offers some of his Hercules-brand drink to an ally, giving them energy.

• An attack or skill, where Pain puts on some Hercules-brand shoes, increasing their speed.

• An attack or skill, where Pain & Panic throw a Mortal Potion at an enemy, flipping their active buffs into the opposite effect. For example, a speed increase is turned into a Slow.

• An attack or skill, where Pain & Panic fly across the battlefield, removing Invincibility from enemies they pass.

• An attack or skill, where Pain & Panic transform themselves into snakes to bite an enemy, removing buffs in the process.

• An ability or Disk, where Pain & Panic revive once when being defeated.

• An ability or Disk, where Pain & Panic also Stun enemies who had Invincibility removed from them, for the duration left on the removed Invincibility.

Possible Friendships

Hades, Lock Shock and Barrel, Maleficent, Dr. Facilier, Angel, Gonzo

Closing Thoughts

More villainous options would be marvelous, and with so many iconic ones added, it begs the question on who else could join the fight for the City. Since older franchises are being revisited, why not pick Pain & Panic? Just typing this up has already sparked up my hype for them, I hope they get added down the line!

@Mister_Toon The topic here is mostly for my observed and/or personal picks for characters in Disney Heroes: Battle Mode.

I welcome discussion and feedback here, I always like connecting with the community. But if you have your own concept like mine, I’d recommend a separate topic where you can put them. I’d love to check out your ideas and perspective :smiley:

1 Like

Good job owsld

… That’s not Oswald. That’s @Epic_Mickey.

1 Like

Dang it did owsld change pictures

Sorry @Epic_Mickey you did amazing

Yes… @Lucky-Oswald has had a different avatar for a couple of days now…

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney