[Feedback Polls]: Community's stands on Yellow, Codebase and Kim Possible

First of all welcome and hope you will find this post interesting and insightful to what the community thinks as a whole about the Yellow rank, Codebase and Kim Possible :-).

As it is now a week since Yellow came out and such I thought I open some feedback polls on Yellow rank, since now we have had some time to check out Yellow and what comes with Yellow.
My reasoning for including Kim Possible as well in this poll post is to figure out how her refresh actually turned out in players opinions who use Kim Possible.

Yellow:

Now that Yellow has been out for a week, how has your impression of Yellow rank been?
  • Impressive
  • Cool
  • Interesting
  • Not sure
  • Interesting, but expensive
  • Expensive
  • Unsatisfying

0 voters

Badge cost wise do you fear Yellow’s potential future badge cost?
  • Definitely!!
  • Yes
  • Indifferent
  • Not sure
  • Not really
  • No

0 voters

Battle Badges:

What is your impression of the Battle Badges?
  • Impressive
  • Cool
  • Interesting
  • Not sure
  • Indifferent
  • Expensive
  • Unsatisfying

0 voters

Do you think Battle Badge’s buffs have high enough stat increases?
  • Just perfect
  • A little more would be nice
  • Not sure
  • Indifferent
  • They need to be upped substantially to be worth it

0 voters

What do you think in terms of the Battle Badges enhancement cost?
  • Just perfect
  • A bit too high
  • Indifferent
  • Too high
  • Way too high
  • Not going to enchant before the cost is lowered

0 voters

Codebase:

Overall, how are you liking the Codebase mode so far?
  • Really fun
  • Cool
  • Interesting
  • Not sure
  • Indifferent
  • Drag
  • Underwhelming

0 voters

What do you think about the amount of Megabits provided?
  • Plenty
  • Good
  • Decent
  • Indifferent
  • Not sure
  • Too little
  • Bad, too little

0 voters

F2Ps(Non-paying players), how do your find the Codebase difficulty wise?
  • Easy
  • Medium
  • Hard
  • Not sure

0 voters

P2Ws/P2Ps(Paying players), how do your find the Codebase difficulty wise?
  • Easy
  • Medium
  • Hard
  • Not sure

0 voters

Kim Possible:

Now after 2 weeks since Kim Possible’s refresh, do you still use Kim Possible if you used her before the refresh?
  • Yes, I still use her
  • Yes, but less now
  • Indifferent
  • Just have her as filler in Coliseum
  • No, she isn’t worth using at all anymore compared to newer characters

0 voters

If you could choose 1 of these to come back which one would you choose?
  • Team Heal
  • Stun
  • Slow

0 voters

If you consider Kim’s refresh a failure, do you trust future refreshes given that Kim’s refresh were kind of a degrading?
  • Yes, I trust future refreshes
  • Yes, but I am cautious
  • Indifferent
  • Not really anymore
  • No, and I won’t vote for characters I use if they are doing to be degraded my characters like they did with Kim Possible

0 voters

Whether you voted or not, thank you for taking at least a look and really appreciate it :-).
I hope to make this an insightful and important post that we players can voice our opinions though more clearly to PerBlue, as well as hopefully creating some interesting discussions in terms of what we think of the polls and the topics overall.

So yeah, hope you all enjoy and find this post interesting :-).

15 Likes

I foolishly bought a bunch of megabits, only to discover they’re utterly worthless because of the obnoxiously high XP costs. I don’t even have enough XP to get my favorite toons to 235.

4 Likes

@Kira It seems like the cost will grow exponentially which is rather concerning as that’s a lot to try and get without paying that stupid $50 deal which won’t even be much to get it up in 3 updates if that deal doesn’t increase in Megabits and will be terrible for F2P if the Megabits aren’t increased

2 Likes

Umlaut@ Ah I see and yeah, the unfortunate situation right now in terms of the EXP Bottle shortage, but if you don’t already it is probably an idea to maybe buy the EXP Bottle that you can buy in the Mega Mart now and then.

We will see on if start to sell more EXP Bottle deals soon, as well as if they release the Yellow EXP Bottle earlier than otherwise in order to satisfy player some. (Could probably have added the Yellow EXP Bottle as a question, but oh well).

Raymond@ As far as F2Ps I actually think they might be better off pacing wise than P2Ws/P2Ps as their resource gathering is overall slower, so kind of the opposite issue of P2Ws/P2Ps who have enough Megabits yet not enough EXP Bottles to enhance.

I can say that I by now have gotten enough Megabits for my first Battle Badge unlock that I earned myself, which has taken me around a week. I am not sure if my other Megabits types will reach 900 this week, but they will next week most likely.
I will likely maybe have the other 3 with enough Megabits within 1-2 days of each other if I don’t switch, so will be a bit of resource hunger than for EXP Bottles, but then calm and wait and while waiting I get EXP Bottle in the meantime.

While I do think the first tier and maybe the second tier of the Battle Badge is fine for F2Ps, the later ones will likely be harder and less manageable yeah.
So yeah, I think it would be a good idea if the Codebase scale up its Megabits rewarding as you get more tiers of Battle Badges and what they together represent, like maybe when you have one level 2 Battle Badge and two-three level 1 Battle Badges you earn closer to 400 Megabit and so on.

It is hard to say how exactly the balance will become, but this is what I imagine right now at least.

3 Likes

You don’t need to enhance the badge for them to be useful. You still get the first two buffs on the badge not enhanced

1 Like

But when you go up to y1+ it reset and you have to restart the patch notes said and all your work is for nothing.

But since no y1 yet to confirm if that’s going to happen and how often we just have to wait

1 Like

Agent_Jangles_IX@ I think you need to explain what you mean there, as in what resets?
You didn’t specify there, so a bit confused you see ;^^.

2 Likes

I think they meant when you promote hero from Y0 To Y1, The enhanced thingy you did in Y0 Wents off, Giving no drinks back, and % of megabits back.

2 Likes

You will be able to ‘promote’ the badge to the next rank. The ranks list like 1800 bits to rank up.
At that point you’ll lose the spars drinks and have to enhance again.

Wait, it isn’t that you promote the Badge Battle to the next tier that resets the Battle Badge’s enhancements, but just promoting them to the next rank in general?

Yikes!
That’s a lot worse than what I thought, and yeah definitely not balanced at all if that’s the case.

Actually, given this text in the Patch Notes at least it should be just when the Battle Badge levels up and not promoting the character to the next Yellow tier rank.

Each time you level up a hero’s badge, it will permanently increase the values for the Stat and Lineup Based buffs, as well as reset any enhancement.

So yeah, seem to be what I thought and not that bad.

2 Likes

But the max level of the battle badge is tied to the max rarity of the hero, so anyone who enhances one now would have to lose all their progress if they wanted to upgrade it to keep up with cap raises. That would be like having to re-unlock a character’s Red Skill every five levels. :thinking::grimacing:

3 Likes

I see and yeah that side of it, then what you all said would be true if so yeah.

While it may not change much for us F2Ps anyway necessarily depending on how we go about it, but of course it would mean that we would have to be smarter about the enhancements than otherwise yeah.

But for P2Ws/P2Ps I can understand this being a real issue if wanting to max it out every level cap, so yeah if that’s the case something should likely be done about the high EXP requirement yeah.

Afterall, PerBlue want playing players and not scare them away especially as I imagine those bothered by this are those who pay to max as much as they can. Something at least to consider for PerBlue.

2 Likes

Now that it has been 12 hours, this is how the poll situation are now:

Yellow:
Seems like most people find Yellow “Interesting, but expensive” or “Expensive” which is understandable, both of them together taking up over half of the poll percentage wise.

While I did expect that many would likely vote “Definitely!!”, I didn’t expect around 80% of those who voted to vote “Definitely!!” which definitely goes to show that the Badge Bit amount costs overall are unhealthy high right now.
While yes PerBlue needs money and probably can’t be too generous, but as far as so many voting “Definitely!!” goes to show that people likely fear a badge economy collapse making badges so hard to get enough of that people just don’t want to play anymore and rather quit.
To PerBlue: A playing player is a player who might pay, but a player who doesn’t play won’t pay.

Battle Badges:
In terms of the Battle Badges it seems like most people think the Battle Badges are “Expensive”, and “Interesting” and “Unsatisfying” tied equally at the moment secondly.
I should maybe added the option to vote “Interesting, but expensive” there, but oh well.

In terms of the Battle Badge’s buffs it seems like most people are unsure if they give enough or not stat buffs, but the secondary vote is in terms of that the stats need to be increased to be worth it for them.
Likely goes to show that the community appreciates if the stats could be a bit buffed.

As for the Battle Badge Enhancement poll, nearly 50% of people voted “Way too high” and overall barely anyone who has voted “Just Perfect” and “A bit too high”, so yeah community’s voice is that the Battle badge Enhancement cost should be lowered in order to feel fair to the players.
Most P2Ws/P2Ps likely understand that they need to pay some to keep up, but there is a difference between spending and feeling like you have to break the bank account which seems to be the case here.

Codebase:
Overall most people seem to find the Codebase interesting which is good to hear :-).

As for the amount of Megabits the Codebase provinces seem to be “Too little” mainly in players view, “Too Little” getting around 30% of the votes and overall has the most votes out of them

Between the F2P and the P2W/P2P poll it seems like understandably enough the Codebase is harder for F2Ps than P2Ws/P2Ps, even if a decent amount voted “Not sure” in both polls.
I clicked hard myself as for some reason the Mega Virus takes away buffs from my characters before reaching power level 15, so might be a bug there or glitch.

Kim Possible:
Interestingly at the moment the yes and no side have the same amount of votes, but overall the most people voted that they don’t use Kim Possible anymore as she isn’t worth it compared to new characters. The “Yes, I still use her” option is the second most voted so it goes to show that people still use her, but a fair amount also voted “Yes, but less now” so it goes to show that Kim Possible’s refresh haven’t really been a success.

Not surprisingly most people voted “Team Heal”, but still seems like the other options got a decent little amount as well.

In terms of the trust in future refreshes after Kim Possible’s refresh that many viewed as more of a downgrade than upgrade, the votes are clear as in that most people still trust the future refreshes, but are cautious, the second highest vote being “Not really anymore” goes to show that the trust to future refreshes is severely damaged.
In terms of my opinion I think those who voted “Yes, but I am causious” are in a wait and see mode, like they will judge by the the future refreshes whether or not they switch to “Not really anymore” or “Yes, I trust future refreshes” which entirely depends on PerBlue and how they handle future refreshes.

In my view I assume PerBlue is going to learn from the Kim Possible refresh and not do a similar one later, which would be to not remove skills for mainly just more damage.
For future refreshes’s trust I think it is best if the refreshes mainly just add stat and skill value boosts, and maybe some new helpful abilities to skills rather than removing abilities. I think at least this likely the best way to go about the future refreshes, especially the next one as right now players don’t trust refreshes in general as much as they did before.

Overall pretty interesting to see how the voting have gone so far, and yeah thank you to all who have participated in the polls so far and really appreciate it :-).

3 Likes

Not sure whether people there are like me, but I would really invite instead of big refreshes every .10 release a big refresh every second .10 release, with the other one having multiple stat buffs for characters no longer relevant to bring them up (like 10 or so).

Because most characters have really good skillsets, but they are sublime due to the power creep, which is very severe.
Think about it, new damage characters have 3x or 4x more HP than the beta ones. While I sort of agree that newer should be slightly better, it went too far.

Numi@ So if I understand your comment right, want basically enhanced refreshes every other .10 update over refreshes every .10 update, as in making the refreshes overall more potent and long lasting than otherwise?

And I agree, most characters have good skillsets they just need to have their values increased, like a Stun duration being upgraded from 5 seconds to 8 seconds.
Having a 2018 character getting 2020 stats HP, Basic Damage and Skill Power wise would be huge and what many 2018 characters need in order to be somewhat relevant.

While of course 2021 stats would be better and I think most of us would prefer 2021 stats for 2018 characters, at least 2020 stats would be better than getting 2019 stats for a 2018 characters.
So yeah, I think refreshes should at least aim for 2020 stats if not 2021 stats.

Yes, like 10 characters getting a stat boost every 2 months could make many more viable in the long run. Although, that would require not exaggerating stats of new characters again, and I doubt the dev team is capable of doing that.

Numi@ Ah I see, so mainly stat buffs and maybe skill/ability value buffs rather than necessarily adding new abilities to skills every .10 update, you instead would want multiple characters like 5 or 10 character to just have value increases basically.

And yeah, I doubt they would give stats for older characters that are as high as the new characters of course, but 2020 stats should be possible I think even if 2021 stats are a bit much in PerBlue’s view.

Although, on multiple buffs at once as in like the supporting buffs from earlier patch notes Polaris have said they aren’t going to bring them back, so what that means for your idea Numi I am unsure about.

Of course things could change over time, but yeah not sure how likely it is in this case even if one can hope.

At least the refresh of the kind that just buffs stats, increase skill/ability values and maybe some new skills, no previous skills/abilities removed.
I think that’s what the player base want right now, and otherwise fear the outcome if skills/abilities are removed like in Kim Possible’s case.

I guess we will get to know in late April or May how the next refresh ends up being and it will be interesting to see how it goes.

It is around 24 hours since the post was first posted and it seems overall that the patterns have continued and no real surprises overall.

Here are screenshots I have taken today in terms of how some of the polls have evolved over the hours.

Yellow rank impression poll:

Whether or not people fear the future of Yellow’s potential badge costs:

Future refreshes and trust poll:

It is probably the what we think about Yellow rank poll that changed the most which is interesting and the one that changed the least would probably be the one in terms of whether or not we fear the potential future Yellow badge costs.
Thought it could be interesting to add some documentation :-).

So yeah, thank you to all who have voted so far today and overall really appreciate it ^^.

3 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney