[Feedback]: What we want the State of the Game post to address

First of all welcome to the post everyone and yeah, hope this post can start an interesting discussion and hopefully positively affect the State of the Game post, or at least ideas that we can ask in the next Q&A :-).

Here is a summary of the post:

• Add bullet points to the State of the Game to increase readability.
  • Address the state of old modes that hasn’t been updated in a long while.
  • Status on Guild Perks and if Guild Level 6 will be added or not.
  • Status on the Friendship Missions Stories and Heist.
  • What the status is for the Scavenger Hunts mode.

To start, I would like to say that I hope the State of the Game Post will be formatted like the August 2020 State of the Game post, or the one from February 2020.
(State of the Game - August 2020)
(State of the Game - February 2020)

The State of the Game post being in the detailed August 2020 style would be preferable and I consider it a true State of the Game post, but February 2020 is fine enough as the August 2020 one is understandable if a bit too detailed in the sense of being time consuming to make. August 2020 styled State of the Game post would make many players really happy though :-).

But yeah, overall the most important thing in my view for a State of the Game post is to have bullet points as they helps make it easier to read, and the information more easy to check back on in the future. So which ever style, it would be appreciated if the important information are highlighted with bullet points like upcoming Features and Quality of life improvements.

An another thing I would like to address in terms of the State of the Game post, is the State of old Modes, is in if they are are going to be updated or be on hiatus for the foreseeable future.
In my view, it would be a good opportunity for the new hires to actually revitalize old modes as a way of learning how Disney Heroes is setup, which is beneficial for them as they work on new content as then they know how older modes work as well :-).

The most urgent feature in need of an update I personally think as the Guild Perks as in Guild Level 6, as in the fact that the Guild Perks are good motivators to do content and one has something to look forward to unlocking. The guild I am in maxed out our perks recently and since then I have to say Disney Heroes have been a less engaging game for me, like actually not participated as much as there were nothing to look forward to in that sense like a Guild Perk offers.

If the Friendship Mission stories’s status could also be addressed it would be appreciated.
Adds a lot of good PVE content to look forward to unlocking that aren’t related to power, so I think adding them back could have a positive effect on player engagement.

I know many would like Heist to be updated to be more challenging in terms of enemy levels, so a State of Heist part/bullet point would be appreciated by players I think.

While probably still early for us to hear that much on the Scavenger Hunts mode, it would be interesting to hear the state it is in right now like whether just a concept still or at basic playable state.

That’s the main things I can think of, and yeah looking forward to read what everyone thinks and what feedback everyone has for the State of the Game post :-).

7 Likes

I just hope the State of the Game expresses some of the problems that I mention here:

• Megabit scaling (Codebase)
  • Team Trials scaling (Badges ending at 5-6 per Raid 1)
  • (Gold) Port scaling (aka unveiling Credits above Sapphire)
  • Trial Events
  • Scavenger Hunts progress
  • Tower Trials
  • R.O.B Lightning
  • Buffing Older Characters in lines, not individually.
5 Likes

All good points and hopefully those will be addressed in the State of the Game post :-).

In terms of R.O.B Lightning it is weird that it has taken such a long time to add them, but I guess they maybe got down prioritized for other new features. Hard to say for sure, but seem plausible at least.

Now with Stat refresh instead of full skill refreshes, I imagine PerBlue could maybe have a stat refresh every other week as in 2 times a month as stat testing is easy to implement even if taking a little while to test.
PerBlue addressing if they have now completely switched from skillset refreshes to stat refreshes would be good I think.

As for Megabits, Team Trials and Gold I agree it would be good if PerBlue addressed them game economy wise, and what they plan going forward game economy wise :-).

3 Likes

The most important thing for me is what they plan to do with red skill cost. It is insane and will only keep getting worse unless they make some changes about it :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

And yes, team trial scaling would be awesome

2 Likes

Definitely every aspect need to be scaled (disk power, contest rewards, money deals) and updated (heist and invasion), because of scaling.

Oddly enough (as features aren’t being scaled) Red Skills scale and it’s terrible as Yunno said. There is no end and the ways to get hero chips and RS chips. It has to end… or be adjusted.
On S21, we just got Yellow skills and they are HORRIBLE. Each new enhancement keeps getting worse - insane XP needed! It’s not sustainable and super restrictive. Also why is the codebase not raidable? How are older servers dealing with these huge flaws? It’s sad.

All I want from the State of the Game post is some actual information about actual changes coming to the game. Whether it’s news of old modes being refreshed, a new mode being added, allowing more friendship missions, expanding or adding guild perks, just something specific.

I can speak only for myself, but I deal with the ridiculous enhancement costs by keeping just one or two badges enhanced at any time, and with the inability to raid Codebase by just starting the fight and then reading or watching something else for a few minutes.

1 Like

I don’t know about others but I only enhance 1 Yellow battle badge :joy::joy::joy: the free one :joy::joy::joy: I’d rather use exp drink on heroes than on the badge that needs on every single rank :joy::joy::joy:

I play on auto and after reaching tier 30, I turn off auto. Then do it again for 2 more times and tada, it doesn’t take as much time

Easy - stopped bothering.

Needing so many XP drinks (even multiple colossals which is eh) is just bad. And getting the Epic CW adjustments (which are now quite bad anyway) and Colossal XP drinks when 21-24 got Red or Yellow respectively is a VERY IFFY coincidence. To the point we can just say it’s not a coincidence at all and the team should feel a bit ashamed for not introducing those when old servers got Red or Yellow.

No wonder people at all servers are leaving in tens daily.
Old servers getting “better” deals (although most whales obviously don’t). And having little resources otherwise.
New servers getting more resources (as they have the same as old servers and are capable to beat them even at T-11 ranks). But getting far worse deals to the point that getting some advantage costs hundreds if not thousands or ten thousands of dollars MONTHLY.
One cannot expect people to suffice such expenditure every single month and so… it will happen that few whales do go that way and if they get bored and leave, the game will die.

They never do. It has been this way for 3 years and you think they are capable of feeling ashamed? Wake up, Numi. Wake up!!!

And even if they do feel a little bit, I’m sure those feeling would go away when dollars come rushing in their wallets. That’s what they care the most anyways

1 Like

Yes, and? We aren’t getting more XP with the introduction of the new size, we’re just getting the same amount in a less-convenient form. TBH, I prefer the Ultra XP drinks to the Colossal.

Somehow I doubt the devs see much, if any, extra money from whales buying more deals.

(And in case anyone cares about it, it does seem we’re drifting off-topic.)

Personally I don’t want to hear “we will look into expanding guild perks” but instead “we plan on releasing guild perks (insert in months) from now”. It’s been way too long and like others say… the qol improvements that do get released seem behind in the current state of game in my opinion. Honestly when a new color gets introduced, the next juice or coin should be released at the exact same time (ie collosal should have been introduced with yellow 0 rank not 10 shades of yellow in).

Wish perblue would do at least qol every 6 months at the very least. The yellow badge boost and regular badges are just way too much. Guild contest perk influence well over 1.6m with nothing to use on. You want to help ftp… how about lowering the consumble perks like badge crates to every 2 days instead what is now, or release a perk that makes vip crates and gold crates more worthy than as if it’s for a player just starting.

Lastly…fix the lag in the game. Server 1 merge most lag ever experienced playing this ever.

Thanks

2 Likes

My codebase team is just 3 heroes, who get to level 30 very quickly and then promptly die. :laughing:

Like @Yunno I don’t use Battle Badge enhancements at all other than my Free 1. I have upgraded the BB of each of my main team up to around level 4, with only a select few going beyond that.

I’ve made many a post ever since The Codebase was introduced warning of impending uselessness unless it was scaled, and nothing has ever happened. As has been the case with Red Skill maintanability, War Matchmaking, Trial Bit selection, PVP Points system, Surge Team selection, Crate Scaling, Get More Gold, Hero Balancing, Guild Perks… and almost every other game feature and mode that has clear problems.

I’ve stopped bothering. The State of The Game post for the last few iterations has amounted to nothing substantial, and the Q&A sessions have always been a test of “how can we answer these questions without actually giving any information & while ignoring the most pressing ones”.

I can see why it’s fallen into such disrepair - if you’re PB, why on earth would you invest time into fixing old issues and improving player enjoyment, which from their data presumably doesn’t bring extra income, when you can invest it in new heroes & chapters which almost certainly will. It’s fair enough but equally disappointing.

Don’t assume the management / dev team are stupid. They will know full well what issues exist in their own game and will have already thought of most suggestions that people give here. It’s by choice that they aren’t implemented, not awareness or skill.

If I were a money spender, I certainly wouldn’t be by now and wouldn’t want to start if I were new. At it’s core, the game looks fantastic and is fun to play. Just enjoy the game for what it is and don’t have any expectation of it improving :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

There are certainly more important problems currently impacting the game, but these two best illustrate why I’m finding it increasingly difficult to have hope for the future.

People have been complaining about the lack of guild perks for years and offering suggestions for expanding current perks that would be easy to implement and wouldn’t come close to breaking the game, and nothing has been done.

Likewise, people have been pointing out the lack of Megabit scaling since the day Y1 went live; it should be simple to scale the rewards according to player/hero level/rank, but again, nothing. (There was a post made, what, 8 or 9 months ago now that PerBlue was aware of the Megabit shortage and was looking into it, but by now all I can conclude is that they’ve decided offering Megabit deals is a perfectly adequate solution.)

If PerBlue can’t address those two issues, with simple, obvious responses that would, at least, mitigate the problems and show that players’ concerns were being taken seriously, then why should I expect far more complex problems like stamina/XP economy and war matchmaking will ever be addressed?

Not that it’s all been negative lately, of course. The Prize Wall has been a positive addition, even if it doesn’t give nearly enough stamina and badges to work on the hero that it otherwise provides loads of resources for. The new trial modes were generally fun and gave decent rewards (though obviously not enough to keep pace with increasing expenses or make up for what was taken from contest rewards); I look forward to their return, even as I’m resigned to the likelihood that they’ll come back with significantly lowered rewards.

Anyway, not exactly something that can be boiled down to a simple “talk about X in the State of the Game and I’ll be satisfied”, but I just want to see some sign that our concerns aren’t merely being listened to, but actively addressed, with some changes currently being worked on and expected to be rolled out within Y months. Something that makes me think PerBlue wants people to spend money on the game because they enjoy it, rather than people feeling that they have to spend money in order to enjoy it.

4 Likes

And to this I say they shouldn’t assume we are too :wink:

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney