Friendship Refresh Overview

No. Rank 16

1 Like

Doesn’t mean they don’t have experience :roll_eyes:

Actually, being competitive without spending would make the game the least bit fun.

9 Likes

What’s bad about Rank 16?:man_facepalming:t3:

F2P and pretty competitive here too

4 Likes

I’m a low spender, doesn’t mean I suck at the game…

3 Likes

There are several reasons to play the game. It’s not just about PvP killing off other players or something like that.

The game is also great story-wise, and to cooperate together (especially in heist, but also in war, invasion and a bit in surge)

Suggest you go look at This topic on different kind of players in order to understand what I mean.

Kind regards,

A F2P-person

9 Likes

In general I disagree -

Of course if we’re using Power as a metric of being competitive, then yeah - it’s impossible. But I don’t think that’s a good measure, since Power has basically nothing to do with the actual gameplay.

A better metric would be viability in various game modes - I’m top 20 in arena lifetime & don’t think I’ve bought anything in 2020 and hardly spent a lot before either.

Invasion at the moment relies on a core of 6-9 heroes - or being in an active guild, War is a guild effort and CW is dependent on your own Power.

Just requires the player to be much more picky-choosy of what heroes they work on and how much they need to be worked on in order to compete. Of course requires sacrifice in certain things - well basically Coliseum, though even in that C3-2 is well manageable - but every other mode is entirely possible to do very well in as a F2P player.

13 Likes

I’d disagree, to me being competitive is winning or coming close, no F2p players win anything on my server.
Maybe the best on other severs are free players but not from my experience

How do you know that?

Doesn’t mean F2P can’t come close :eyes:

Except in contests.

5 Likes

It’s perfectly possible to win invasion & war as a F2P, at least on older servers - a F2P player would be able to manage in a top ranked guild, and the only things required to win invasion are that core 6-9 heroes, a very large amount of time, and plenty of guildmates with the same :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, contests & PVP will never be won by F2P players… but I think referring to being competitive as only achieving rank 1, on servers with many thousands of players, is a bit restrictive :man_shrugging:

anyway none of this is related to the topic we’re on, so perhaps discussion should continue elsewhere

13 Likes

I would actually say that a F2P person can beat a P2W person, even if 1 in 5 chance or 1 in 10 chance in a Arena battle. If the F2P has a team that can counter the P2W person’s team then they may win, or at least in the Arena as Coliseum require that you spend on 15 characters when it is hard enough to keep up with 5 characters for a high leveled F2P player.

The best thing a F2P can do is to focus on counter characters, the best examples right now probably being Tron, Minnie and Timon and Pumba :-).
I have Tron good and working on Minnie right now, and after that probably Timon and Pumba maybe.

8 Likes

Yeah, I am a F2P and can usually beat in a few attemps any arena team I have to fight, with the exception of really well built teams with also a lot more power, by combining my heroes in different ways if my main doesn’t work

6 Likes

Okay, let’s take a look at Kim’s daisychain for Chapter 2 of her Friendship Campaign.

Captain Amelia has to be upgraded to 175 Red8 and her skills need maxing, all of which have a cost in ingame resources (which are pay2acquire).

Now to earn her Friendship disc to boost her skill in the Campaign, Captain Hook needs to be upgraded too:

And to boost Hook requires boosting these two:

To be clear, I am not using any of these four characters, so spending real money to upgrade them just to get past one Campaign is not sensible.

And the probability is high that the next chapter will demand the use of some other random character I don’t use/upgrade.

That is why the campaign needs to be redesigned to allow the “assisting hero” to be freely chosen, for example, my Red 175 Mulan or Red 175 Kida would be far more effective here then some lower level character.

5 Likes

This would be a very nice feature to have, but as far as I know the current plan is that there comes a special way to boost heroes just for the friendship campaign, in update 2.4

We’ll have to see if that makes it easier to advance on friendship missions, but I’m not without hope

1 Like

In a top 11 guild and top 15 in total power (in my guild) without spending.

4 Likes

Teach us your ways

5 Likes

I don’t even spend money on DHBM…

I’m not bad at the game either…

This thread is about the friendship refresh :eyes:, not whether F2P’s can beat P2W’s.

3 Likes

They don’t mean on the server lol

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney