Friendship Refresh Overview

I am loving this refresh!!

@Polaris could you please pass along a request for a filter / sort on disk stars next?

4 Likes

Assuming VIP0 and running the maximum of 5 memory missions, that leaves 10 slots for the 100 disk power missions. If you’re using two Red heroes, those missions should complete in roughly 4 hours each, or 1000 disk power every 4 hours, or 6000 disk power every 24 hours, which you’ll need to collect every 12 hours to keep the missions from being paused. If you’re at VIP9 or above, that rises a bit to 7800 disk power every 24 hours, assuming you’re running the maximum of 7 memory missions.

1 Like

Minor thought on a possible enhancement to the new setup:
Could this part be changed to reflect your remaining away time, rather than hiding it in the info?

2 Likes

I was pleased to finally unlock those Friendships, but apparently the Discs are still unobtainable because:

Raising both of these to level 146 Red8 isn’t going to be easy, so in my opinion, nothing really changed, it’s still campaigns I can’t play because of enemy difficulty exceeding the power of the team.

i investigated a few more (Angel-Miguel, Stitch-Jumba), then gave up looking because there were no campaigns I could get past.

I guess I won’t be doing any new friendship campaigns, unfortunately.

9 Likes

You may not have to fully level your toons but it wasn’t the intent to make the friend campaigns easier. What’s nice is you do not have to unlock the friendship and waste xp to find out that the other disk is the one you really care about

7 memory missions? I have mentioned that my accounts are ViP5. I can only run 4 memory missions and those don’t give disc power. You don’t seem to be paying attention as I wrote this previously.
I will check the amount of granted disc power after 24 hours to make it somewhat comparable to the previous system. Usually I earned about 5K disc power from missions roughly every 24 hours. If I played a heist it added 4.5 and CW added 1K but this was raised significantly and it was long overdue to raise it accordingly since the game started with 60 heroes and has nearly 120 heroes now.
But I don’t understand what you want to advocate. You are like a selling rep for PerBlue and doing their bidding to protect their poor decisions.
Let them answer the questions why a game that is advertised as free-to-play in the Google Playstore and in the Amazon Appstore pushes so hard to force people to spend a huge amount of real money every single month and if changes to game modes occur a significant shift to high rollers happens.

Funny that you accuse me of not paying attention, when you didn’t seem to notice that I started off my comment assuming VIP0, which has a maximum of 5 memory missions. Nor have I seen you state anywhere that you can only run 4 memory missions, due to not having all the heroes unlocked.

I want them to change their poor decisions, but I think it’s more effective to do so by accurately pointing out what the problems are and advocating for reasonable solutions. Saying that players will be forced to log in at least every two hours, or that they won’t be able to get more than 1500 disk power a day, is very far from being accurate.

2 Likes

@Polaris we need a timer on how much time left until missions STOP running!

Right now, that timer only shows us how much time we can stay away, but because it stays the same no matter how many hours pass, it is basically useless. I mean, how can we keep track of it? It should count down so that we could come back when we should, not like checking back and forth every hour like this

And, we want to know how much disc power we claim, the total of it to be exact

Please consider this! Thanks!

Also, could we pls have more friend stamina? It has stayed the same ever since this game launched! It’s time to increase it, like you did with normal stamina

The original announcement said the intent of this update was to make Friendship Campaigns easier, so based on my personal experience so far, I think it did not achieve this goal, in terms of actually playing the missions.
The first one is always the hardest, since you only have two team members to deploy.
Unfortunately, this is the one you need to pass to earn the Friendship disc itself, so it doesn’t help you at this time!

I am not a fan of games that make it hard to play, there is a fine line betwee challenging gameplay and what feels like brick wall meeting head, which often gets crossed.

@Yunno
Guild Perks can increase Friend Stamina stored.
My current storage limit is 60, enough for 10 successful mission runs.
But increasing the base limit would also be appreciated.

2 Likes

Anyone else think friend stamina regeneration should be faster and that you can buy more friend stamina per day than the usually pathetic 30?

3 Likes

Yeah. There are many campaigns I want to attempt now but I just consume friend stamina so easily

2 Likes

I actually disagree. When the unlock was made easier, the friendship campaign itself should only have the lock to use the 2 characters that are in the friendship… and you could add any 3 from your roster to them. That I´d call fair.

2 Likes

That would actually make these campaigns fun and achievable.

If I could send my three best characters to aid the two Friends, I could actually win some battles.
Perhaps all of them.

My most frequent source of frustration is the Campaign manditorily assigning some hero I didn’t bother levelling and therefore, contributes nothing to the success of the mission, often being obliterated in the first wave.

2 Likes

How should I know how many missions I can start before the feature went live?, not that the description was super accurate to begin with.
After 12 hours I had the possibility to ccollect 2.5K ish from the missions start screen and some of the rewards were delivered via mail box. It was about 3Kish. This was on S16, an account with ViP9 where I was able to start 7 memory missions.
At this moment I don’t even know how to track a daily yield accurately to provide my suspicion that it is less then it was. As you see in the added screenshot total mission time was 2 days and 12 hours.
I don’t even know why a part was delivered to the mailbox.
I wasn’t aware of the fact that I NEED 120 heroes unlocked to be able to run 15 missions. This number seems just to be random or is a number that guarantees PerBlue revenue to sell extra disc power deals (which is my guess). It wasn’t an issue before. I can’t even unlock 120 heroes, not on my ViP9 account on S16, nor on my ViP5 accounts on S1 & S1 due to a lack of chips or due to a strategic decision I made not to unlock them because I’m waiting/hoping to get them through diamond crates or their chips are only obtainable in special events. Why this limitation of running missions to 15 is a good idea I don’t get. I have my main roster on lvl 160-165ish and the amount of disc power needed to level up the discs is hellish or not doable without spending money. But this was a problem before the friendship system was changed. I was hoping that the devs have acknowledged that and the change would bring some relief to this unexpicable shorttage.

I’m trying to be as accurate as possible gathering information on the fly. Don’t blame me if this new friendship system isn’t transparent and makes it extra hard to calculate how much disc power can be expected if runnig missions the most efficient way especially with diffrent ViP and diffrent hero progression. At this point nothing is comparable anymore. No 2 accounts are alike. Different progression level, rarity and even skillpoints have an effect on the discpower earned. So basically as a player I need to make a spreadsheet to calculate the most effiect aproach?
You prefer playing a game as efficient as possible so it seems. I’m looking forward for your guide in this forum how to run the best missions possible and I wish you good luck with that.

Something I’m confused about: Why is every Friend Campaign already two nodes into whatever the next level is when I hadn’t even started that particular level before the update?

This is VIP perk.

2 Likes

Yeah, just great. Great to be ViP. You don’t need to work your buttocks off to manage the first hardest campaign stage. Thanks for the clarification.

1 Like

They implied that, but then immediately clarified that they were only going to be easier because, after finishing the first episode, you’d have the disk itself for the remaining episodes: (italics mine)

Since we don’t have the disks for the first episode, I think it would have been nice to lower the difficulty a little for that episode to compensate, but I don’t know how hard that would be to implement. Polaris mentioned in another comment that the devs “do have some ideas for the future to help give players a boost through some campaigns that they find especially challenging”; I hope the future is sooner rather than later, but we can keep an eye out for it. (Personally, I like the idea of hiring a merc for the campaign, something that should make most campaigns doable without having to level up all the heroes involved, but not so easy that everyone starts getting disks for white-rank heroes.)

Bravo Per Blue I applaud you for making the effort to obtain disks and disk power actually more difficult. Requiring 120 out of 122 unlocked especially given the rarity of some of the toons to max the mission limit seems a bit extreme. Being bound to one node in elite campaign to be able to farm for chips then being bound to use almost two a day to obtain disks is not making this easier. Please add more missions and provide a better rate reliability and possibly more chances to get hero chips in campaign.

4 Likes

I just dont like that there’s a limit of how many missions can run, 2discs/day isn’t really ideal but I get it with putting the limit of which disc mission can run…but the disc power mission limit is stupid. 100 every 4-5hrs. 500/day, and can only have 10-?15 run depending on the VIP. Roughly 25k/day, that barely cover anything!! The infection gives way more than this.
Give more disc power, at least 1k scaling depending on what level and which server you’re on and dont limit the disc power missions.

4 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney