Friendship Refresh Overview

Are rewards will be increased? This is sick joke, there is no way to upgrade disks now.

12 Likes

I also think that the amount is too low.

1 Like

I´d say 5-10x current max TL would be enough, so 1k-2k DP per mission… 100 is way too low.

1 Like

Good:
+no more Level required! I have a ton of new disks on characters that were months from being unlocked! Major upgrade to my roster!

+no more badge resources needed to start missions! They always work! It always felt like a Highwayman robbing you when trying to restart missions; this is much nicer

+Way easier to start missions! The char selection screen is way faster

+without as many characters reqd to farm memories I don’t have the conflicts of interest that would prevent me from working on ones I actually prefer.

+I do spend less time collecting and restarting missions.

The same:
=I was probably only running 6-7 H missions at a time before anyway.

=difficultly is just as unreachable for new releases as it ever was- unless you are server maxxed then no disk for you. Level caps cannot be that difficult to implement!

=same unbalanced combos: some of the characters reqd just don’t have any sort of timely remedy for completing campaigns. It’s related to difficulty but its more about the design of bad levels: the campaigns should highlight the working relationships between powers. Not force a support char to build their basic damage. Some new characters would be good for starting players, their friendships should be set to an approachable level instead of laziness of server maxx.

=same glitchy navigation that won’t bring you back to the previous friendship screen. Have to exit to world, select campaigns, friendships, scroll. Still find it easier to navigate through the roster screen to the individuals and then the friend tabs.
#angrydolphin : too many clicks!

The Bad: (aka flagbait)

-loss of story. Best part of the game is the richness of the universe. Rivals or surpasses KHearts, shame that a successful game like this would choose to divert resources from its fundamental successes. It works ya’ll! That is what happens when you do hard work=get good results! Do not run from the challenges!

-the memory acquisition rate. Is down more than 50% for me. 10 hours to 17 hours. This is really bad.

-I engage less. I usedta make unique log-ins just to manage my missions, now I set and forget and have forgotten my noon freebies a couple times because the rewards I get are less, so I don’t even get that excited harvesting them. I am apathetic to the point that I really only collect to achieve my daily and at night when I go through everything. Im like huh I got memories this time…meh. I am not really keeping track of how many memories I have and in general have been less excited for the process as a whole. Because I got a new disk! That will never get better…

-the timer countdown is really confusing: when is the mission doing what? The mishmash of random countdowns is visually repulsive. Brains don’t want to try and take in 20 different dynamic variables.
The entire timer reduction system is #designfail

Overall:
This was a good move in the right direction. Big positive changes!
Buuuuut there is a real clear bad design streak running through this project. They couldn’t just give all good things they had to add junk??!? I mean it’s not a gift if you make them work for it.

4 Likes

tagging mission limit to VIP level is counter productive in narrowing the gap between F2P and P2W players. you’re punishing F2P by limiting what they can do and rewarding P2W further widening the destructive gap. unless that’s what you trying to do…hopefully this get address in future updates

6 Likes

You’re severely overestimating the mission rewards. The only ways to get usable amounts of disk power are through contest rewards (which are already as P2W as it gets) and buying them through deals. :upside_down:

5 Likes

See here for my latest failure:

Kim is 175 Red 8 and she’s losing to 165 Red 8 enemies!
Does she have to be 200 Red 16 to make this a fair fight?

This is why I am giving up on Friendship Campaigns, it’s just not worth the frustration to lose every single time!!! :rage:
I am not obligated to play content that is designed to make a player lose with no chance of victory.

4 Likes

But some people don’t want to spend… Or aren’t allowed to do it…

8 Likes

I understand, just saying that I couldn’t imagine trying to play for free. The game isn’t set up for it

That does not mean that people HAVE to spend money to play…

7 Likes

And how can I do Top 5% in every Contest then? And be much better than Spenders in my guild?

3 Likes

No. Rank 16

1 Like

Doesn’t mean they don’t have experience :roll_eyes:

Actually, being competitive without spending would make the game the least bit fun.

9 Likes

What’s bad about Rank 16?:man_facepalming:t3:

F2P and pretty competitive here too

4 Likes

I’m a low spender, doesn’t mean I suck at the game…

3 Likes

There are several reasons to play the game. It’s not just about PvP killing off other players or something like that.

The game is also great story-wise, and to cooperate together (especially in heist, but also in war, invasion and a bit in surge)

Suggest you go look at This topic on different kind of players in order to understand what I mean.

Kind regards,

A F2P-person

9 Likes

In general I disagree -

Of course if we’re using Power as a metric of being competitive, then yeah - it’s impossible. But I don’t think that’s a good measure, since Power has basically nothing to do with the actual gameplay.

A better metric would be viability in various game modes - I’m top 20 in arena lifetime & don’t think I’ve bought anything in 2020 and hardly spent a lot before either.

Invasion at the moment relies on a core of 6-9 heroes - or being in an active guild, War is a guild effort and CW is dependent on your own Power.

Just requires the player to be much more picky-choosy of what heroes they work on and how much they need to be worked on in order to compete. Of course requires sacrifice in certain things - well basically Coliseum, though even in that C3-2 is well manageable - but every other mode is entirely possible to do very well in as a F2P player.

13 Likes

I’d disagree, to me being competitive is winning or coming close, no F2p players win anything on my server.
Maybe the best on other severs are free players but not from my experience

How do you know that?

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney