Guild War Feedback Wanted!

War number two and we still don’t have a extra play… Its mind blowing. I done my turn just as it started and we had none.

1. Did you win all wars so far? Because in fact it’s even worse, you can only see the top league (unless I am missing something - we are in Copper, but I can only check Bronze league)

Each car buff should be car specific and change with each battle, to make each one unique and fun. This would make it so that you could set up specific defenses in each car, creating a more interesting challenge/forcing enemy to take a specific route to tier 3.

There should be a day in between each battle, because as is this is way too much - and would give us time to relax a day / plan for future battles (especially if special buffs were in).

We should not have ‘off duty heroes’. It doesn’t enhance the game mode at all and instead only makes it tedious and frustrating… especially when that hero can be used on defense.

Mode has made the game fun again, but it can definitely be improved to be more fun and less frustrating.

3 Likes

Would like to reorganize the members tab to show everyone who hasnt attacked yet during the offense phase at the bottom, like how creep surge puts everyone who hasnt attacked at the bottom of the list.

3 Likes

We have been matched for the second time with guilds with incomplete war roosters, 1 guild with 1 member and 1 guild with 3 members. In my oppinion there should be a minimal war roster applied to to the cars b4 a guild may be matched. This costs guilds influence and members the chance to complete dailies for multiple days.

1 Like

A few of my suggestions (some re-iterating a few points already listed above):

1. Add a Green Indicator for online members when viewing the Members List in the War Log.
  2. Add a Sort Function to the Members War Log (include: Power High/Low, Incompleted/Completed attacks).

Additional Sort Functions & Indicators have been implemented: Update 1.6.4/1.6.6 Patch Notes

1. Similar to the Surge Log, include Defense #'s (Def #1, Def #2, etc) when viewing the Defenses War Log. This way, it’s easier to account how many times a single player was attacked.
    • Additionally, you could include Attack #'s when viewing the Attacks War Log, but this already seems easy enough to check through the Members War Log.
  2. Add a separate Sabotage Log in order to monitor who’s participating in Round 1 (include: Total Sabs Purchased, Total Tokens Spent, & - this one’s not a priority, but - Which Heroes were Inflicted).
    • Additionally, if a Sab Log is created, please include Sort Functions (Most/Least Sabs Purchased, Most/Least Tokens Spent).

Sabotage Indicators have been implemented: Update 1.6.4/1.6.6 Patch Notes

1. Consider reducing all Sabotage costs.
    • Alternatively, consider raising the price for EVERY OTHER Sabotage purchased & not for EVERY purchase.

Price Reductions have been implemented: Guild War Change: Sabotage Costs :sunglasses:

1. Add Perks that increase a Guild’s Sabotage values.
    • Increase Opponent Sabotage Cost by X.
    • Decrease Sabotage Costs by X.
    • Increase effect of “insert Sabotage name here” by X.
  2. Create a new chatroom for us to discuss War Tactics.
    • Additionally, add Translation Features.
    • Alternatively, allow Leaders & Champions to pin messages/announcements in Guild Chat.
  3. Create an Off-Duty Menu, listing the Off-Duty Heroes for the current War.
    • Alternatively, don’t allow the “War Over” screen to be skippable.
    • Alternatively, display the Off-Duty Heroes in the War Log Summary.
  4. Make the Car Highlights BOLDER.
    • Alternatively, highlight the entire box & not just the Car.

Bold, pulsing highlights implemented: Update 1.6.4/1.6.6 Patch Notes

1. Add an “Are You Sure?” Prompt when attacking partially defeated lineups. This will help relieve some issues with multiple members targetting the same person.
  2. Create a Toggle Feature which allows Leader/Champion to individually enable/disable Extra Attacks per member.

Extra Attacks can now only be used by Officers & Above: Update 1.6.4/1.6.6 Patch Notes

1. Only display the ACTIVE War Bonuses (during Round 2). If we defeat a Car, there’s no need to continue showing the icon & with them being so small, it only adds to the confusion.
  2. Create a Match-Ups View in War Rankings, detailing server-wide Guild Pairings & Outcomes (win/loss). To avoid clutter, it should only display completed wars.
  3. Guilds with <50 members should have Ghost Lineups (filled with Infected monsters or Heroes. Your choice, PB). This will give full Guilds time & targets to attack, while smaller Guilds have the benefit of … extra lines. The power of the Ghost Lineups will equate to the Guild’s AVERAGE Team Power, for example:
    • If a Guild has 48 members with a Guild Team Power of 3.65M that would equate to a ~74k Defense.
    • If a Guild has 19 members with a Guild Team Power of 1.12M, that would equate to a ~58k Defense.
    • Additionally, if this is implemented: End of Season Rewards should vary within the guild based on the number of Wars each individual participated (ie: attacked) in.
  4. Reimburse the Tokens of players who purchased Sabotages on UNTOUCHED vehicles. This is geared toward Winning Guilds, since Losing Guilds get full refunds.
  5. Reward Losing Guilds with 1 War Chest IF certain conditions are met. (I’m against the whole idea of handing out pity trophies, so make these conditions tough, encourage active participation.) For example, the Losing Guild has to have:
    • Completed all available attacks OR
    • Prevented a Full Clear (by having a surviving Car at the end of War) OR
    • Destroyed HALF of the Cars the Winners did. So, if the Winning Guild cleared 6-7 Cars, the Losing Guild will need to have defeated ~3.
  6. At the end of the War Season, include a list of our individual Guild’s MVPs (Most Attacks Won/“Bloodthirsty”, Most Power Defeated/“MVP”, Most Sabotages Inflicted/“Saboteur”).
    • Additionally, theses members can be rewarded with Avatar Border Flairs at the end of the season, which can be equipped on top of their existing Avatar Icons (think of a picture frame).

There are a couple smaller things that need attention. Specifically, War details need to be more in-depth:

• Nobody knew there were going to be Off-Duties until we started ranking up in War.
  • War Rewards were poorly explained.
  • War Rewards, in general, need to be better for Top Legendary ranks. The prizes listed in the Bracket Rewards were misleading.
    • Don’t include the Legendary Chests AND “extras” in the Bracket Rewards (differentiating Ranks 1, 2, etc in Legendary), especially when those “extras” are only stating what the Chests may include. That’s what the :information_source: buttons are for!
  • There needs to be a way to view our own War brackets & not just the “Top Ranking Guilds”.
  • War promotion is fairly straight forward, but I still feel it needs its own rank promotion page - similar to Coli/Arena explaining the differences between the Copper, Bronze, etc Divisions.
    • This page should also detail that rewards are only offered per promotion, if the reward amount in the War Boxes change between divisions, what the Box contents may include, etc etc).

I’ll edit in anymore I feel are 100% worth mentioning, but I’m really digging this mode. Initially, I thought Guild War would be annoyingly boring, like CW & Surge, but I’m genuinely surprised with how it has turned out! As a guild leader, it’s nice to have a mode bring to light who pays attention to the strategies listed on Guild Wall/Chat.

The only thing I’m not liking is how much attention it requires compared to other modes in the game. Keep Round 2 (Attack Phase) of War 24hrs, but cut Round 1 (Sabotage Phase) down to 16hrs or so with an 8hr break between War Completion & War Start. So, for my visual peeps:

16hr Sabotage Phase :arrow_right: 24hr Attack Phase :arrow_right: 8hr Break :arrow_right: Repeat

Or, better yet, shorten War seasons. Turn War OFF during the first & last weeks of the month. 24/7 War is burning out almost everyone in the top competitive guilds…

9 Likes

What happens if there’s an odd number of guilds in a league? Does the last ranking guild become without an opponent and skip that round?

First of all, thank you - overall, it feels to me like PerBlue really is working on the communication with their playerbase :slight_smile:

Now, about war. Some of this has already been said.

1. Organization:
    a. I really miss a way to see war rankings for all leagues, not only the top ones
    b. Please, please work on the way we handle defenses. Let people set their defenses, even if there is no room in a car. In PQ this wasn‘t perfekt, but there ar least is the option to organize your defenses properly.
    c. Add a screen where we can see which toons are off duty for a war
    d. Add the MMR points a guild earned and lost in a war to the according garage.
    e. Let only leadership distribute extra attacks. Yes, we have to work together and we do that pretty well so far. But there’s always the possibility of one new member who doesn’t know better yet or a rogue member, who could (worst case szenario) lose a war for you.
    f. Make the marking of the cars more obvious. You could colour the whole room in a brighter purple instead of that almost not noticeable purple shimmer
    g. Please, please remove the ! from the war tab after you did your daily. :sob:

2. GAMEPLAY
    This might be the most important point for me. As is, there is close to no tactical component in this war. Since you don’t have any chance to gain energy, it comes down to who’s got the more maxed out toons. Meaning, big spenders are always going to win, no matter what others do.
    I am sure everyone would benefit from war not only being about who’s got more cash at their hands.
    Proposal:
    Of course, this is only one idea I had that I really liked. There are probably a lot of other things one could do to even the playing field a little more.
    Add one line of minions in front of the first fight. Then, after the first fight, the attacking heroes hand over what energy they have left to the 2nd tier of heroes.
    Something like that would make it way more tactical again and allow for some more challenging battles.

Sorry for the long post, here’s no potatoe

4 Likes

I strongly dislike the fact that there are no breaks between wars. I feel there should at least be a day break between them as that gives time to sit back and take stock. Trying to plan a defence at the same time as conducting the attack phase is very difficult, strategically speaking.

Please consider adding in a day delay!

4 Likes

I thought that you could opt out of the queue?

2 Likes

You could opt-out, but then none in your guild could complete their little daily quest.

Epic post @Caster, great ideas!

Matchmaking seems very messed up. In terms of power, we are guild #10. We beat guilds #8, then #12, then lost to #1 (not even a fair fight). Now we are playing against a guild of 1 player. That doesn’t make sense, and we can’t all get our dailies done on sabotage day.

If a hero is off duty is off duty they should be off both directions. If they can’t make defensive adjustments or pay attention to who is in or out that is on them. Need a level playing field.

Well, there is one little problem with that idea. You get to know off-duty heroes when the war starts and you can’t adjust your defences any more at that point.

Change the off duty hero to offset the advantages.

Or just get rid of the off duty hero completely.

3 Likes

Yeah, don’t they understand this is WAR, no one gets a day off in war. Also I pretty much agree with almost all the suggestions here, war needs to be tweaked more,

There’s something horribly wrong about the coli style attack. It is very anticlimactic, and even more so for those that have to kill 3 heroes in 2 fights to clear the garage and that’s it. I like he idea of keeping the coliseum defense, and giving attackers 3 surge style attacks… but you’d need an offset, like you have to clear team one before you can attack team 2. In the middle of the war rankings where we are, it’s hard to imagine anyone getting close to clearing all the cars. Anyway I don’t know if that is it but again, attackingnneeds tweaks. I guess part of it is if we all have only one attack, we’re really not interacting as much. We just hounding low player or high player to attack when they are neeeded… and there’s less ad hoc interaction than I expected.

Hey also seasons should have differnent random features. Off the top ideas (whatever’s clever):

Like there should be a greyed out (inactive) car that moves around floor one and two for a war season. No defense and no attacking it. This would create a bottle neck and introduce some variety in attack and defense selections.

Bounty season. Instead of a day off for attacking heroes, there is a bounty on them, doubling the defensive points earned for a win on that fight if they are killed.

Thief season. Off duty heroes on defense are replaced with thief of similar power (or power that scales to player’s hero power)

50% shields for a season. Attack and defense shields have 50% of their regular hp.

Break the Internet season. Ralph must be used in every attack and defense set. Or, players Ralph is locked on every team… like there are three Ralph’s (two grey infected ones) one on each team in the three team set for attack and defense… or just for attack or just for denfense/

Ad naseum. Buff, debuff, change formation, change stats, swap heroes… the world is your oyster perblue. Get freaky with it. Yeah? Yeah.

See doesn’t that sound neat-o?

Yeah yeah yeah,
Profanity

3 Likes

Some suggestion of my own

• Better highlighting for targeted cars, maybe the whole background of the square, to make it more obvious, easier to see
  • Allow the Leader/Champions/Officers to lock/unlock the extra attacks. When locked no one could use any, when unlocked, anyone could use them.
  • Add some way to see which heroes you have unused before committing to using a bonus attack.
  • Add a new Guild Wall just for War
  • Add some minimal amount of tokens for losses. When you lose a heist you still get some tokens.
  • I don’t have this issue, but in addition to coloring the symbol green & red for wins & losses, add a check mark & X to help those that are red-green color blind.
3 Likes

I agree, Attacking guilds need some love… It doesn’t make sense that BOTH guilds are allowed to Sabotage, while only Defenders get to buy Perks to hinder progress, & only Attackers get Off-Duty Heroes. It’s an up-hill battle! Who (in the real world) goes into a War unprepared!?

Implementing some kind of seasonal Attack Buff sounds great. If not a seasonal one, give us one that activates after destroying a certain number of cars.

Also, having 1 Hero for Bounty per War sounds pretty fun! It could disorient some players, forcing them into a kind of “Must focus on trying to kill this 1 Hero & forget other Heroes on a team could kill me” tunnel-vision :joy:

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney