Hallelujah... red skills are finally easier to max!

Thanks for the info.

As of right now, for heroes available in two Elite Campaign nodes, players can expect to get 93-94 hero chips from those two nodes every four weeks. It currently costs 120 hero chips just to keep a hero’s red skill maxed with each new cap raise, a cost that increases steadily with time; before long, it’ll cost more than the 140 chips that can be farmed every four weeks for heroes in three Elite Campaign nodes. And that’s just to keep pace with the cap raises; if you’re new to the game or trying to work on a hero you’ve neglected before, you can utterly forget about getting enough chips from Elite Campaign to get a skill to the max level.

And yes, it is possible to spend 20 diamonds to reset each node and get more chips; that still means, for 2-node heroes, players would be spending 1200 diamonds per month in order to get enough chips to max a hero’s red skill after farming for a year or so, depending on how many chips they get from other sources.

Diamond crates have a drop rate of 32% for Hero Chips (usually 1-4 chips, IIRC) and 20% for a full hero (or 7, 18, or 30 chips if a player already has that hero). Given how few heroes most players can afford to work on and try to maximize red skills for, I’d say maybe 10% of those drops are actually usable. Changing the “full hero” drop quantity to a flat 20 chips, as Musketeer suggested, would help greatly, but even then I think we’d need to see a significant increase in the amound of Diamond crates awarded in contests, Weekly Quest rewards, etc. if they’re going to be a major source of hero chips.

Personally, I would just straighten it to 30 Hero Chips for every hero as an “unlock” considering we need 2k+ to max one’s red skill plus 500 to max stars.

Or, alternatively, up the gold in Surge to what it was before for over 10M lineups and having buy max option on Gold Crates (saves fingers and returns about 50% of spent value).
Though with this I think the “Spend X Gold” contest scoring would vanish since it’ll be pretty much about “who has the most gold scored?”

Could be a 50/50 split between 30 Random Hero Chips and badges (purple and above) honestly.

Blue are already covered by Gold Crates.
Credits in the given quantity are generally useless.
And the 2-6 Hero Chips drop is also useless now.

Only thing that triggers me a bit is, that people wasted hundreds of resets on the two events before and now you can get 30 skill chips per raid with double drop :sweat_smile: but I guess we should be happy with this permanent change

Thanks for the Red Skill update @Loutre @Nugget

this is just as relevant now, if not moreso :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

While I appreciate the increase in red skill chips, it baffles me that you guys only consider them when fixing the red skill economy :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

It takes 3 kinds of resources to lv up red skills. And by far, the hardest one to earn is hero chips. The amount we earn is the same since day 1 but the cost we need to spend us a nightmare now :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

Personally, the amount of hero chips needed for red skills should stay THE SAME for EVERY LEVEL, instead of increasing every cap raise like this. If we only needed 5 hero chips per lv (that makes 25 per cap raise), the situation would never be this bad.

Please consider @loutre @Nugget

nice update, thanks. As for the hero chips, there are a huge number of ways to get them. for 3 years, that’s how much has accumulated. I don’t see any problem with this.

nearly all of those in that inventory screenshot are old, 3* unlock heroes - as mentioned, these are among the few that we can gain enough chips for from Diamond Crates :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I specifically showed the old heroes and the meta ones (Zeus and Kermit). I’m an average player and don’t buy any red skills or hero icons on purpose. Every day I go through the heroic stages of the heroes I need, Zeus and Kermit are fully pumped, as you can see. if you need some kind of character, then you can do it like that if the hero is in the heroic stages.

And now fully max a new hero like Duff or Milo, and the fun ends.

Hero chips required for red skills should be reduced by +50% and diamond crates needs a solid refresh.

Heroes have appeared relatively recently. Do you want as soon as the hero appears, then immediately to 6 stars, complete friendship, full gear, full mods, etc.?
if these heroes are added to the heroic levels and set the task to increase the red skill, then I will do it as with other heroes.

Elite Campaign, Diamond crates, Gold crates (very rare, meaning it’s a royal pain buying enough crates to get even a few chips), occasionally in Black/regular market (overpriced, though) or Challenge shop (hardest shop to get tokens for now), very occasionally as a Diamond bundle (where, unless they’re a first-year hero, they’re hideously overpriced)… Am I missing anything?

I agree that we’re going in the right direction. The red skill chips being buffed is huge. However, like many have said, we need a consistent way to get more hero chips. Diamond crates used to be great for that when the hero pool was a fifth of the size we have now. Other than raiding elite campaigns, waiting for a hero to go into a shop, or using the (overpriced and underwhelming) wish crate, there’s no way to target a specific hero. Last week, I was searching for Elsa chips and opened well over 1000 diamond crates and got a whopping 40 of them. There are too many heroes to make crates a viable source for chips. Plus with the red skill resource increase every level, trying to max someone out while keeping mods usable is damn near impossible.

do you want to count everything? well, let’s try.

1. trial. rare competitions, occur approximately once every six months. We will consider it as one under a different name.
  2. 8 shops.
  3. guild war. chests for victory
  4. and 5) coliseum and arena once a week.
  5. five different chests. the fifth option changes periodically, let it be considered as one.
  6. prize wall
  7. heroic stages
  8. and 10) tournaments for progress and for rating.
  9. gifts for some dates.
  10. 2 black markets.

Only prize wall gives good amount of hero chips, and even then not close to fully max hero.
Literally, everything else is too random, too short, too infrequent to be enough.

Considering EVERYTHING, almost 4k hero chips are needed, 3k hero chips alone for red skills!
Getting these for any new hero, especially not in elite, is tiring. Non-elite heroes no matter old or new are still pretty hard to max their red skills tho, way easier than before, but they don’t have best source of skill chips (now).

Most of those sources are limited to a small, infrequently-rotated selection of heroes. I’m not going to get, e.g., Colette chips from any contests, trials, exclusive chests, etc. The guild war chests do offer a wider selection of heroes (although they seem to favor newer heroes, which may or may not be helpful), but that’s a total of 16 available slots per month; not exactly helpful when trying to get a couple thousand chips for a hero’s red skill.

Once again, you want everything at once. but it will only ruin the game even more. there will be a recap of chips and red skills. as is often the case, the developers will easily introduce a new stat for their spending, which will increase the difference between the players. will be dissatisfied again. I specially showed Zeus and Kermit with a full skill. How much did I spend on them? no. it’s all free from the game. in the game we use about 20 heroes in all modes and it is not difficult to upgrade the red skills of these heroes. in my guild, a player spends a lot of money on the game - he has more than 75% of the characters pumped to yellow + 16 and he can’t stop, he’s still not enough.
yes, there is a problem when there are simply no hero tokens - as was the case with the mad hatter. but that’s a different problem. but even so, my hatter’s red skill level is now lvl 296.

I couldn’t care less how others max their red skill overnight :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes: I only care how I can do it :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

Keeping things expensive doesn’t stop whales or spenders from doing that. It only hurts free players :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

Kermit and Zeus are relatively new. Kermit was in shop and Zeus got a lot of hero chips offered as rewards so it is not that hard maxing their red skills

Imagine doing the same thing with a brand new hero. 3000+ hero chips seems reasonable??? Really???

Further more, you need to look at the big picture and consider the future. How ugly it will get in 1 more year from now? 6000 hero chips??? Won’t it be too late to fix things then???

We need to address problems before it comes to that state. That’s what planning is for

nobody is saying it’s impossible to max a red skill, though. I also don’t spend money on the game and I’ve got 7 heroes with maxed red skills.

I play every day and optimise my play as much as possible. Is that an acceptable amount, out of nearly 200?

The inventory screenshot, again, shows that 3 years worth of random chip accumulation from diamond crates and other sources has not provided enough chips to max the red skills of those heroes.

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney