How can DHBM be saved?

Also, the proposed idea says you are fighting creeps, not heroes

Both creeps and heroes.

Oh (10 chars)

A little while ago, I suggested player friendship disks to alleviate that. It wasn’t a popular suggestion, but maybe you’d find it interesting? Link here.

Heist is garbage, it’s been untouched for ages despite desperately needing QoL updates to make public ones bearable. It still needs more mechanics that actually add things to do instead of adding wards (overused and bad to begin with) or extra fights.

It’s mind-numbingly repetitive once you figure out a team.

And War.

That’s overused, let’s not steal concepts from other gacha battlers (there’s nothing there that’s worth it).

6 Likes

What we need isn’t new modes, but for the existing modes to get revamps to make them more interesting. I was thinking about posting my ideas here, but I think I’ll save that for a new topic so that PB can see them easier. :stuck_out_tongue:

Gacha has now battle mode? When? What? How?

No, not that “gacha”. “Gacha battler” refers to the genre of games (which are almost exclusively mobile) where you pull heroes from a lottery system to use in fights.

1 Like

Okay about that. My idea is about you choosing your own choice of heroes and not by chance. Kindly backread if you missed it.

But then what suggestions do you have to improve the existing game modes?
Personally I cant even think of any (War is fine IMO, but I’m sort of biased because my guild wins a lot of wars, about 70%)

I want everyone in a guild to perform a second attack even without being an officer or a champion.

I wasn’t replying to your idea.

1 Like

Oh. Okay. Sorry about that.

Saw my Player Types post where mentoned here so thought I contribute some :-).

Here is the link to my post about Player Types:
Community fun: Player types

Here is also the Player Type poll from the Friendship Refresh Feedback post.

As of this posting:
Achievers: 43
Explorers: 41
K!ller(PvPer): 13
Socializers: 11

I think this give a pretty good basic sense of the player type demographic for Disney Heroes, even if the exact percentages might vary some compared to the actual game, I think it is safe to assume that Disney Heroes’s main demographic are likely Achiever and Explorer type of players.

I think Disney Heroes main monetization focus problem is the fact that the monetization in Disney Heroes currently only really focus on [Power Gain] monetization, as in like the monetization in the game only really focus on getting your characters stronger.
While that isn’t necessarily a bad thing in the sense of like getting stronger is a good monetization method in theory in terms of getting money, but when half or 1/3 of the audience(Explorers) might not be all that interested in spending a high amount of money on power based monetization then the company should put in other monetization methods in order to get money in other ways.

I think for Disney Heroes there are mainly 2 types of monetizations that Disney Heroes are missing are Utility Monetization and Story Monetization:
[Utility Monetization] being like being able to buy the option to buy the option to be able to equip all the badges at once or have Power Craft without VIP, so basically buying conveniences separate from VIP.
[Story Monetization] would be being able to buy additional story content in some way that you can only access by spending money.

Just to do some quick feedback polls check for fun here, how many of you here would be interested in Utility Monetization, as in being able to buy conveniences without VIP and at a lower price as you don’t get the other stuff like more increases like gold. (That could be a separate buy technically).

Would you like Utility Monetization?
  • Yes
  • Not sure
  • No

0 voters

For Story Monetization as an example, what about the prospect of there being a weekly story line quest where you get a story bit on every stage like either 1 whole chapter long or a half chapter long like the Friendship Mission Quest?
The price the Weekly Story Quest would be 1 Dollar for 1 month or in order to have as low of a barrier to buy as possible, that way more people can enjoy the Weekly Story Quest and likely more people buying as the barrier to buy is so low.

Would you like Story Monetization?
  • Yes
  • Not sure
  • No

0 voters

Would you like the Weekly Story Quest idea specifically?
  • Yes
  • Not sure
  • No

0 voters

Will be interesting to see what the polls tells us, but yeah I at least would really like to see Disney Heroes embrace other types of Monetizations than just relying on power monetization.
By having other ways of earning their income to keep the game up PerBlue can probably more likely make badges easier to get like reducing the bit cost per badge like the 50 bit Purple badges costing 20 bits instead of 50 bits, so I think overall having other types of monetization should balance out the game in a good way :-).

While yes, 1 Dollar per month or season for the Week Story Quest in terms of 1 person isn’t that much, but if like 20 000 or 30 000 players purchase it then it will overall amount to a lot all together.
Basically Patreon as in trying to have as low of a barrier to entry as possible, while still trying to get as many to buy as possible.
So yeah, could be a pretty decent idea if the story quality in the Weekly Story Quests are good :-).

I am technically on a screen break right now so I don’t think I will participate in the discussion as much as normally, but I thought I at least try to help a bit here as I saw that my Player Types post and such were mentioned.

4 Likes

How about Solo Campaign? Campaigns specially made for a individual hero and we can see how the city and the creeps effects them as an individual.

Yeah, I wonder how easy that’ll be for Miguel, Joy, and Kermit…

3 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: Yes, exactly as you say.

Then they would have different styles of battle

But even so… how would that work? None of those three do any damage to enemies, so you’d kind of be stuck until they either die or time runs out.

1 Like

Could be one where you try to survive until time runs out. :thinking:

2 Likes

Maybe the mode would have a hero that needs reviving, and they do that?

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney