Live Chat: 3/19

Do you guys, the Devs, think that you have the balance of new heroes & constant cap increases right?

Clearly the community doesn’t think so, but curious to know what you guys think,

2 Likes

Is there a chance for the old heroes, like Scar and Wall-e to be back in the shop?

Designing complex and interesting kits can be difficult, yes. It can depend on the hero but we always find a place for them in the meta.

If you, guys, play your game, do you feel that balance is broken?

2 Likes

For example, Yax seems normal in the movie, but in this game, he has enhanced yoga power to take down his enemies.

I equally love all beans. If I had to pick one it would be Beans from Even Stevens.

5 Likes

How long does it take to make powers for heros?

About Randall…

Have you ever thought of decreasing the percentage of extra damage Randall may do to scared enemies?

3 Likes

I have another question for @DoubleBeans when you can: Which hero was the most challenging to design in your opinion, and which hero was the most fun to work on during the design process?

And about Beast, do you think about decreasing his “Rage” to 5 or 7 sec?

What kinds of rights to you guys obtain to add a character into the game?

1 Like

In my opinion, the hardest part about developing a hero is coming up with ways that very cuddly or friendly characters can support their allies in combat (Winnie the Pooh is a good example). We want to be true to their personalities AND have cool animations/mechanics.

8 Likes

So as the Hero Designer, does that mean you come up with the concept of a character, drawing/animations of the character, or both? (Or neither, haha)

Most likely this

Are there any new status effects that you want to make?

This seems like Vegapunk’s job

We have a general idea of how we want older heroes to get Red Skills. The batches are chosen by picking which heroes we feel can be brought more into the meta by giving them a Red Skill. Sometimes we want these new Red Skills to react to the current meta in some way. Either by synergizing with a team we want to uplift or countering a meta we want to pull back. We also like to let the players decide sometimes in forum polls!

8 Likes

They have certain rights to all characters in the game…

Any plans for red skills for old (beta) characters: WIR/Zootopia?
Any bigger plans for more hero refreshes?

Has the idea of a third friendship for the heroes ever been brought up / talked about? Would that work out ever?

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney