Live Chat: 3/19

Sometimes we have a really fun idea for a hero mechanic (like Pooh getting enemies sticky with “Hunny”) and that mechanic can’t be implemented using existing buffs–so we make a new special status. It really depends on the hero, though.

3 Likes

Which ones?

That’s a great question and often a challenging one! We try to think of what a character does in their movie or TV show and then try to translate it into what they could do in game. As an example, we wanted Pooh to use his Hunny in some way so we built a kit around him slowing enemies and attracting bees. We always think of what the character does before we fit them into the meta and give them a cool kit.

5 Likes

Are there thoughts of making each stamania gem buy (first two 50 gems,next 100 gems, etc) different amount of stamania worth instead of all being the same value? Think has it gets more expensive , more stamania should be offered.

Also any further development on expanding badge/skill cost discount perks, and higher above your current rank expansion to at least five above?

Sorry just read it was about heroes, but still think it relates to heroes in terms of upgrading them in a way and usage in game modes.

They aren’t going to answer all of these questions NOT about existing heroes. That’s what the Q&A is for. Save yourself some trouble and let them answer the respond to the questions they asked for in the first place.

Hello Winterbotton here again.
Thanks gor taking time in this wave of complex situation that is happening thanks to the coronavirus. Hope you can answer some of my questions this time around, if not i understand that there are other priorities or that i asked something that isn’t allowed to be answered (if that’s true you can only reply as “skip” for know that)

General heroes question
1° Exist a current IP added to the game, for example the Lion King, that you consider that you have added all possible heroes?

@Polaris mentioned about delaying some heroes because the movies tie-in delayed too. This apply to all the heroes involved in the IP or this apply to some of them?

3° Elsa was re-designed to match Frozen 2 version but the question remains. What will happen to the original design? Exist a future to that animation and design that originally was released with the character?

City Watch, Red Skills and Us

• Considering the troublemaker formations amd wands that affect day to day some players (for not saying most) in City Watch (specially in Epic mode)…

4° What are the measures that the team is considering to balance City Watch?

5° What is the reasoning to give us apart of the alredy difficult formations 2 wands to deal in City Watch Epic mode?

6° Exist the possibility to earn Red skill chips from outside the city watch? (Maybe heist)

Catching up with the Heroes

• Level up has become a priority to overpass some Friendship campaigns or even the main campaign, with that in mind. Exist the possibility of…

7° Revisit the 3% chances of double drops perk in normal campaign?

8° Add to the guild aid the option to ask for badge bits for certain badges of lower rarity that the recent one in the server?

The coronavirus and the pursaching power of the players
9° With the current status worldwide and the quarantine status being applied in more and more countries as time passes. Dome people where their work depends of them being in the workplaces will ceased, maybe making them to not have access to many resources that they used to have before. With the constant of the levels up and rank increase this players that used to spend money to catch up maybe will be in the imposibility to do it thanks to a situation out of their hands. Exist measures that the company is considering for helping in this difficult times?

Behind the scenes
10° We recently see it added new heroes trough the event chest boxes (diamonds, arena, coliseum, city watch tokens) rather that additional slots in the shop for them. Could you share with us the reasons or why this has been the way decided to add these heroes?

11° With events boxes has come to me some troughs, mostly bases in some other games that add heroes trough repeateables events with a map, currency and other stuff. Have you trough in a moment to do this?

12° What is your opinion of some companies (Like EA or PopCap) that had expanded their franchise and stories involving their characters (or in this case Heroes) in comics based on them (like the editorial Dark Horse for example with the Plants vs Zombies comics series)?

I tried to keep the questions this time focusing in heroes and the related stuff with them (stories, red skills, level up, etc.). Sorry if this is too long or if i asked something i shouldn’t. But I appreciate the moment that you take it to consider it or at least read it.

1 Like

Do you guys, the Devs, think that you have the balance of new heroes & constant cap increases right?

Clearly the community doesn’t think so, but curious to know what you guys think,

2 Likes

Is there a chance for the old heroes, like Scar and Wall-e to be back in the shop?

Designing complex and interesting kits can be difficult, yes. It can depend on the hero but we always find a place for them in the meta.

If you, guys, play your game, do you feel that balance is broken?

2 Likes

For example, Yax seems normal in the movie, but in this game, he has enhanced yoga power to take down his enemies.

I equally love all beans. If I had to pick one it would be Beans from Even Stevens.

5 Likes

How long does it take to make powers for heros?

About Randall…

Have you ever thought of decreasing the percentage of extra damage Randall may do to scared enemies?

3 Likes

I have another question for @DoubleBeans when you can: Which hero was the most challenging to design in your opinion, and which hero was the most fun to work on during the design process?

And about Beast, do you think about decreasing his “Rage” to 5 or 7 sec?

What kinds of rights to you guys obtain to add a character into the game?

1 Like

In my opinion, the hardest part about developing a hero is coming up with ways that very cuddly or friendly characters can support their allies in combat (Winnie the Pooh is a good example). We want to be true to their personalities AND have cool animations/mechanics.

8 Likes

So as the Hero Designer, does that mean you come up with the concept of a character, drawing/animations of the character, or both? (Or neither, haha)

Most likely this

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney