New War system is rubbish change it back please

Many of us are dissatisfied with the state of Guild War. If your world view is that everything that Per Blue does is sunshine, rainbows, unicorns, and music notes, you are entitled to that opinion as well.

The Disney property is a gold mine that should be attracting so many new players and keeping old players interested and motivated, yet week in, week out, we say good bye to so many. Invasion may keep us interested, but it is way too late for many. Guild Wars has been the big draw for 6 months now and the only update to it was a botched matchmaking formula. If they are now just looking at fixing/updating Guild Wars, that is a sad testament to their skills as gaming developers/programmers.

2 Likes

Well I do hope it’s priority, invasion has had more updates than guild wars which is sad to see

I also love that any comments that are made that portray perblue in a negative way are flagged as inappropriate and hidden. Interesting.

Correction - any posts that violated the forum rules were flagged as inappropriate and hidden.

1 Like

Found another issue. Previously when we would be matched with a guild in a different tier, we would still have the off duty number and sabotage coin type associated with our current tier. But currently, my guild is gold, battling a guild in platinum, and we’re being forced to have 4 off duties and sabotage based on the platinum level. Gold should only have 3 offduties and be sabotaging with surge coins.

Facing the same guild multiple times gets monotonous. We have now faced (and lost) the same guild 7 times!

1 Like

Just thought I’d bump this back up to the top with some more feedback. War is now probably the most monotonous, unfun, repetitive portion of the game (and that includes things like raiding challenge levels or having to hold down multiple speed drinks for what seems like hours to level up brand new characters). Since there is no information that the MMR war matchmaking system is actually being looked into and adjusted, many are just not trying anymore in war. We face the same 3 guilds on a repetitive loop with a 4th guild thrown in every 4 wars. Being the #4 guild in power, that leaves us only 1 absolutely winnable war out of 4. Now we have been able to beat the #3 guild twice in the last 2 months, mainly because their guild has also become majorly fed up with war and don’t participate to their fullest capacity.

So we’re entering the final weeks of the month, my guild is in gold, yet continuing to be matched to guilds in legendary. Yet there are 2 guilds in legendary with 1 active player in their guild. Going back to the old matchmaking system would at least lead to some shake up of the matches, which would breathe a little life back into this game mode. But I fear even that won’t be enough. The mode is damaged at this point. It’s the same thing every 2 days. Maybe decreasing the amount of wars to 1-2 per week could also help. But something needs to be done.

2 Likes

I like the idea of one war a week, but it would still be a predetermined outcome based on power gap at this point.
Extending the number of wars between repeats to 6 or even 8 would help quite a bit, but I’m afraid the damage has been done with this mode - people are too frustrated or burnt out with it to care anymore. Take it away. Reintroduce it after we’ve had time to forget the agony and you’ve had time to think it through.

1 Like

Fix Invasion rewards and then get back to this. Or are you still “collecting data”?

3 Likes

@Polaris any update on the way mmr? It’s still killing someguilds

1 Like

@Polaris said last month that they needed more than 2 seasons of data (their data, not ours). End of May will close 3rd season. Then I’m sure they’ll need time to evaluate the data, then they’re not likely to stop everything mid-season to fix their mistake (tho many of us would probably be okay with that). While i don’t expect an answer/solution on June 1, some sort of updated response in early June would be appreciated.

2 Likes

Well between this and invasion, people are leaving in droves. Hope they get on it sooner than later.

2 Likes

Time for some answers @Polaris. I think the silence on the broken war system has been long enough, time to give the people what they want.

If y’all still bother about sustaining a healthy player base, then it’s time to do something about it. Speak up, we want to know if there will be changes to the war system.

2 Likes

make sure when you’re analyzing data to include information like how many wars the top guilds opted out of and how that might have affected the ability of other guilds to make it to legendary - the community fixing PB issues for them. reminder - if leagues have nothing to do with the competition, they should have nothing to do with rewards. Sure hope y’all got some useful data and our boredom with the mode didn’t tilt it too badly

2 Likes

Well put maleficient. I know on server 2, since our guild has made legendary we are not queuing for war anymore to allow some of the other guilds a better chance of getting to legendary. This isn’t how it should have to happen. As you said, the community shouldn’t have to be doing the policing work.

1 Like

When 2 top 10 Guilds with MMR of 1300+ can’t get Legendary but 40+ Guilds under 500 MMR can, something is broken.

1 Like

So now 3 months into the new system. All top 10 guilds on server 2 made legendary for the first time this month, but only due to the fact that the top guild didn’t queue from the time they reached legendary and the 2nd and 3rd ranked guild also didn’t queue for some of the last wars of the season.

bump. would be nice to know if there’s hope for any changes at all - ever, or if the players need to keep finagling the system to help other guilds get what they deserve.

We do have some small adjustments in the next update that we hope will help alleviate some of this frustration. More details will come in the next patch notes.

3 Likes

Much Appreciated. THANKS!!

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney