PerBlue, let's talk

“pleasure” :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing: I can’t think of anything worse! Not many people have full usable rosters & all day to experiment with them

7 Likes

I’d rather them let me choose a few heroes to power up than this Secret thing you’re talking about… I don’t have all heroes, as well as many others, so this one is useless, and certainly not helpful

7 Likes

And if you’re thinking that deals on S1 are good, you’re VERY wrong.

Comparing, S21/22 it’s terrible, but for cap at S1 deals are also bad.

14 Likes

Wouldn’t work in the game. If its what I’m thinking off anyway… too much heroes in game and more to come to even comprehend a secret power up type thing. The game needs straight balancing as more heroes come and PB needs to identify this as time comes and do it again the time.

If the secret power up system is a cloning type system that its a big no no for the game :grin:

1 Like

I’ve seen weird deals on S5, giving us deals for heroes back when game started up like zurg, moana etc :roll_eyes:

I’m on server 1. I was only giving you a price comparison.
Read the post about the strike on S21.

Great :slight_smile:

Let be known we are not looking for answers, but change :slight_smile:

We’ll keep pushing and motivating for harder strikes and informing newcomers and the like about how things work until something happens.

5 Likes

So the final decision was ignore and continue murdering the game, ok.

The feedback about this type of deal was always the same, and here we are, again this stupid deal.

12 Likes

This might be the best short-term solution, to renew some interest in the game for people who are just going through the motions now. Long term, of course, we really need to have some progress made towards bringing the increase in income up to par with the increase in expenditures, or no amount of events will keep players’ interest.

4 Likes

Everyone in this thread is making some very valid points, and most of the criticism is definitely warranted from a players point of view. I would summarize the main issue as being this:

The relative value of money spent on the game is constantly diminishing over time, mainly because it’s not keeping up with the increased costs that comes with the new content (higher cap, new characters, etc).

It’s impossible to have 15+ meta-ish characters maxed without spending money on the game, and the cost (in $) to keep those characters maxed keeps increasing with every update. Another way to see it is that each $ spent on the game buys less relative “progress” as time goes on. The same can be said for the free resources given in-game. They are also relatively providing steadily less and less “progress”. As a side issue, the cost to keep characters maxed is different from server to server.

All that being said, the criticism voiced in this thread shows that a lot of you seem to be missing what is actually important from the game publisher’s perspective: $$$. We could write a peer reviewed PhD thesis about what’s wrong with the game, the publisher won’t care, as long as they keep raking in the cash. And bad news: they are the ones making all the decisions. (I don’t know if Perblue is both the dev and publisher, but it’s an important distinction, the publisher decides, the dev implements. I’m sure a lot of the devs are working on this game with passion, but the publisher side is there to make money, and they tell the devs what to do, at least when it comes to offers, level caps, etc. )

As long as the whales keep buying all the new content, new content will keep coming. As long as the whales get to max level before the next cap increase comes, new cap increases will keep their current pace. As long as players keep buying those horrible s21/22 deals, horrible deals will continue to be offered. It really doesn’t matter how much logical, rational sense you are all making in this thread or others, this is not the data they are basing their decisions on. (Also of note, we don’t have that data, they do, and they won’t show it to us.) If you think I’m being cynical, go look at some interviews with people who worked in mobile game publishing. Go look at how mobile game production, marketing, finance, etc, work.

As long as the player base remains ands spends money, there will be no changes, it’s as simple as that.

If you want changes to be implemented, stop playing, stop spending money, especially if you are a whale. Money is the only language they understand, the only argument that matters to them. I’m not necessarily faulting them for it: they are after all a business, whose main purpose is to make money, like all other for profit businesses. But right now, I don’t feel like I’m getting enough bang for my buck.

20 Likes

Well thought out, but I’ve seen all this before in other games. The PB is trying to make as much money as humanly possible while they can and unfortunately this game has always and forever will be pay to win. If you don’t drop $20 - $100 a month in here you might as well not start because there is no hope. For all those who don’t have that kind of money, the easy thing to do is hang in there without spending and wait for all the pay to win people to die out. It will happen eventually. Took 3 years in the last game I was in, where I was in a Top 5 guild and leading it the whole time.

The thing I really hate about this game, compared to other greedy games and there are a lot of them, as that daily we are bombarded with awful so-called deals, not a one of them actually any good. Then there are entire parts of the game that are designed to rip players off. Yes, I’m talking about Black Market and Mega Mart, parts of the game that PB pretends are a boon to players, oh geez try and find them every day, and then they try to rip us off for thousands of gems. This is ridiculous and disgraceful. Lots of the crate deals are way overpriced as well, including arena crates which cost 3-5 times what they should to get a character that will eventually be made available without overspending.

Finally, it is fraudulent to bombard players, who may be children, with so called deals all day long. These awful deals should be in a sub menu where you can look at them if you want but we should never be forced with pop ups all day long to look at them.

5 Likes

Yes, they are, and yep I’m pretty sure this is the case. The amount of issues that end up in the game can only be because the devs are being pressured and rushed into throwing together new stuff as quickly as possible with little regard for testing or balance. They know new stuff makes money, more new stuff makes more money, regardless of the quality of it. QOL and balancing / resource improvements will not make money, so they are pushed back and back and back. I do feel sorry for the developers, as a perfectionist there’s no way I’d be able to work like that knowing how good the game could be and that my job is to make it worse.

9 Likes

@Freej and @Pipsqueak you have an excellent point. I am a perfectionist as well, and I would not enjoy my work if I knew it was not working properly. Game developers usually want to make a fun game (they were the kids who loved to create and play games and still are) and I know that the makers of DSA were playing it and making it in a behind the scenes series on Disney+ as one of the episodes featured the game. I feel bad for the devs now. We should be frustrated with the right people and not the people who do not have a say in these things.

6 Likes

I would go a step further and say that the publisher is convinced balancing / resource improvements will make them less money; at any rate, their actions are certainly consistent with a belief that they need to make players feel like the only way to keep up is to spend money in ever-increasing amounts.

6 Likes

Yeah there’s mostly 2 types of people who will spend on these sort of games - those who spend because they enjoy the game and want to support the game while furthering their enjoyment with purchases, and those who spend because they they feel forced to in order to achieve their personal aims in the game.

This game is definitely targeted at the latter, which from an economic view is probably fair - they are likely to spend more & more often :stuck_out_tongue: but what happens is that the squeeze reaches a point where those people who felt forced to spend, realise they aren’t forced to do anything and stop spending - or worse, stop playing altogether.

There’s also 0 fallback because that strategy produces a rather unenjoyable game, so the 1st group of players don’t spend either - then we have a problem.

By targeting more content at the 1st group, you keep a fun, fair game, with happy players, and probably still get lots of the 2nd group too - but possssibly make a few less $$ overall.

Those few $$ are all most publishers see :slightly_frowning_face:

5 Likes

Really valid points.

I don’t think it’s practical to believe that whales can be persuaded into no longer spending. What’s for sure is, if PB don’t listen and cater to those who spend modestly, the player base will definitely die out, and they’re going to lose a lot more than they think, if their key focus stays mainly on the big spenders.

As is true for any social setting, really. You ignore the middle class; the economy starts falling apart.

3 Likes

F2Ps for the WIN!

Yes. Lots of kids play this game, after all it is Disney! There are a lot of issues in this game that really harm kids when you think about it (huge time investment, deals, chat, etc.)

2 Likes

To note, the 5 dollar friends deal for invasion supplies is likely a timed system thing, not something that is consciously thought out with each implementation. Expecting a change that profound and quickly as a flexive reaction to a growing forums post is unrealistic. Flip side, if the deal was another amazing one, like the diamond chest one, it doesnt mean they necessarily listened to the post. I have a feeling these deals are preset and go off at intervals.

2 Likes

I’ll admit, I don’t know either if expecting whales to stop or even reduce their spending is reasonable, but the strike thread is inspiring, if it’s any indication to go by. It sucks that we’ll never know how much or if it had any impact, both on the player base or on Perblue’s revenue…

As for ignoring the needs of the “middle-class”… While I agree this will inevitably lead to the collapse of the player population, unlike in real society where you can’t “close the country” they can just shut down the servers and release another game. In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised that certain mobile games follow a business model that requires milking the cow dry as fast as possible, using as few resources as possible, while simultaneously working on the next project. Whether this is what Perblue is doing remains to be seen. At least for now they are still releasing new characters, with new art and mechanics, which is not the cheapest way to maintain a game. They sure could do worse in terms of their investment in the game (like just increase caps).

see, this is a reason why talks about how PerBlue caring about players aren´t really right… this deal appeared on my alt account… if it appeared on my main (and MIND YOU, IT COULD), I would´ve bought it… not this way tho PerBlue, sorry

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney