PerBlue, let's talk

I was wondering when the thought of catering to higher spending players would come up, pushing the more casual player to the side.

It’s a stance of maintaining a population. Driving off a plethora of casuals versus maintaining a few individuals creates an environment where the player base drops, and the fun of a massively multiplayer game becomes the tedium of a dying multiplayer scenario. You cant be uber if everyone is uber, and when you have no one to compete against, what’s the point of trying? If that becomes the stance of the development and management teams of the game, it’s a violent death throw, and as much as I hate to say it, a blatant disregard for the time and money of everyone playing it. At this point, I choose to believe its ignorance of the reality of the situation versus malignant practices. Perhaps a bit naive of me to say, but as great a cash cow as this is for the company, it would seem paramount to maintain the health of the game and its player base instead of letting it devolve. Being made keenly aware of this fact, I would assume they would act in everyone’s best interest as it also does include theirs. Hence the point of this post and why I ask for thoughtful statements instead of easily ignored and mindless complaining. :slight_smile:

(Not saying anyone in particular is mindlessly complaining, just a gentle reminder to maintain our customer integrity and do our due diligence.)

6 Likes

Yep… 12k stamina for one badge. What can people reasonably earn in a day without spending money? 3000 stamina if they invest every diamond into it?

4 days for 1 badge. Most heroes have 1-2 badges that bad, 1-2 half that bad, and 2-3 that are maybe 20% of that price. So, on average, we’re looking at 40,000 stamina per hero to rank up. 13-14 days for ONE hero if you want to play for free. And new ranks every 28 days. Is it really expected that free players get to keep TWO HEROES caught up for the whole game?

A reasonable stamina cost would be 2 days worth, 5-7 thousand stamina, to rank up a hero with 6 new badges. That would allow a free player to maintain a base 15 heroes for use in all game modes. Off duty and special rules would still hurt them a ton and encourage spending to access additional resources, but they wouldn’t be locked out of the game.

5 Likes

I think the key might Player Satisfaction is in terms of UX(User Experience) of the game, in the sense that the higher Player Satisfaction is as in happy players the more likely the players are to stay and spend.

While the gameplay, UI and story UX is pretty good, the resource rewards vs costs UX is out of balance in the sense of that the higher and higher costs without the same increase rate in rewards is decreasing the Player Satisfaction overall I think which is not really good UX wise.

It is understandable that PerBlue needs money in order to keep the game up and alive, the puzzling part is that it doesn’t seem with the intention of decent player satisfaction in the long run by not really making sure that players can keep up in a good while. All this leading to players rather not wanting to spend after having to spend a fair amount with not much return value and instead move on potentially.
What mainly keeping them is the story content and friendship story content if not the friends they have in the game.

So yeah that’s what puzzles me the most I think, why Perblue doesn’t make it to somewhat manageable to keep up and reward players for actually playing for that long more, instead of increasing the costs more and more without increasing the rewards more with the costs as well.
It may instead make people not want to spend than to spend to keep up afterall, rather than having a overall keeping up somewhat and they having a good enough time to that they want to stay and potentially spend as they like the game.

I hope this wasn’t a too technical post for you Rockstar as I used some game development terminologies, but yeah I agree we should try to keep this as civil as we can and have meaningful discussions as players and customers :-).

13 Likes

Kim Possible has been there for a while now. Also, don’t bully chat silence.

1 Like

Just flag and ignore. Do not reply to the spammer.

Just so you know. I wish I could get a 5 dollar deal that can cover some distance. S21 and S22 $4.99 does nothing. Will barely cover one badge.

PB we need a response and action.
Slow down the level increase/characters or start giving out more.

This link issues out the Scamming of deals in S21&S22

3 Likes

From top guild in server 21… I know we’re way behind on level and teir experiences from server 1 but we are having an extremely similar experience with equal bang for your buck ratio… it’s currently an average of 105 stamina per 20$ and were just beginning red teirs. Currently that 105 stamina plus the daily buys can get one character max badges at R0.

Were having a hard time keeping up and have lost good people on the way bc of the price It takes to keep up. Also to expand more on what you said about new characters comin out. This is the first time we have experienced so many undeveloped (white) toons bc the resources offered doesn’t meet the demand in a fair manor. we cant raise personal toons, experiment with teams and keep our necessary ones active and competitive…

monday the top guilds have agreed to stop spending in protest of a server strike in hopes we get more stamina per dollar so we can enjoy spending again. The top guilds here and I would like to imagine a world where we actually are happy about spending and are satisfied with the progress we get afterwards. We know were differnt being in server 21 than ones ahead but to see some deals that other servers recieve that we couldn’t even get for 10x the cost is not very encouraging.

I also like the idea of potentially raising the cap every other month instead of every month as an option bc atleast we can attempt to build the necessary heroes and potentially a few more personal ones as well… and also strongly agree that the increase in resources should be measured more daily with the cap. For example in invasion the net reward is disproportional to the mod power needed.(invasion teirs+prize rewards doesn’t level 1 toons mods all the way)

Finally to wrap this up many feel the game has turned into a game where if u dont spend (x) amount u legitimately can not compete, and this takes away alot of the fun it used to be when we started. I hope between your post, this reply, and our server strike that per blue sees the decaying qualities that need to be address for their customers to stay happy. And thank you to the feedback above and those that support this change.

4 Likes

Honestly I wonder if the game is fun.
What enthusiastic players do seems to be

• Buy deals/VIP membership again and again
  • Do super repetitive raids

Mainly just 2actions.
Fun?
I believe most players don’t continue playing without Disney characters.

EDIT: By the way the recent decreasing of enthusiastic players is caused by critical program fault (bugs in battle, Amazon support, ads unavailable, Android 4.4 trouble and so on and on)

5 Likes

Let’s hope they reply on both thread. I’m crossing my fingers

3 Likes

You can calculate as much as you want. It’s insane only being able to skill 7 heroes in the period of 28 days as you need different characters for friendship campaign which need skills, too.
You haven’t included crafting badges. For Red 3 and 4 it’s about 1 Million per badge.
The gold costs are completely overblown for everything in this game. 7 heroes are not enough for several game instances. The whole calculation is way off and only managable if you buy gold deals with real money, as I stated before. At least if you want to use at 15 - 20 heroes in war, colliseum, heist and invasion. The absolut minimum to have some fun in this game.

2 Likes

@Serenity_II I know the calculations/formula aren’t 100% reflective of how things actually are since there are other cost as well like you said with badge costs, enchantment costs and Red skill unlock costs especially.
Though, we do get extra gold some days a month like double gold events or getting credits that you can exchange in which should at least cover a bit of the badge and enchantment costs per month.
Red skill unlocks on the other hand is a completely thing as that cost 10 million each, but at least I imagine many by now might have gotten most of their most important characters done or are waiting for their Red skills to come. I am still recovering from the Red skill unlock costs, but I am starting to get a more stable gold economy again.

But yeah, the calculation is meant for 5 levels of skill costs close to your own level like going from 180 to 185 after a level cap increase. The cheaper the skill cost is the more you can afford skills of course :-).
The calculations are meant for your top characters that you have close to your max and only their White to Purple skill cost wise.

I can at least say that I am level 185(VIP 0) and the skill costs per skill is a bit over 500 000, and with my daily income I can’t afford much more than 5-6/7 per day. So yeah, I can only keep up with about 7-8 characters per month White to Purple skill I think. So the calculations aren’t super far off actually in my case and experience.

But I agree, the minimum should allow a VIP 0/F2Per to keep up with should be over at least be over or around 10 if not 15 characters as 15 is the amount you need for like Coliseum and Guild War. Definitely hope the gold costs can be adjusted and lowered, or that the gold rewards are increased so that there are a better balance between rewards and costs :-).

3 Likes

I agree with the group, well said Rockstar. I do think that issues need to be addressed such as stamina scaling, invasion rewards, and the speed and frequency of cap raises.

I am most concerned with the cap raises as well as the seemingly endless introduction of new toons. I love seeing new toons, but toons that I sunk a great deal of time, energy, and money into are now completely worthless. It would be great to have old toons actually work again. I miss using Bogo, Calhoun, Baymax, etc… even with red skills and refreshes they are still not really useful.

So slow down cap increases and toon introductions, scale the price of the stamina needed for badges already, and maybe please make it so some of our favorite characters are actually able to be used in game.

3 Likes

Thank you everyone for the thoughtful feedback. I do read all the feedback on the forums and pass it along to the team, even if I don’t make a direct reply.

Many of the points I’ve seen in other threads and in support feedback, and while I can tell you they have generated discussion on the team, I don’t have any additional information that I can give you. I know you want me to say the cap raises will slow down, and we’ll shower you with gold, but I can’t. You are being heard.

I do know that the team is reviewing the game economy to improve the amount of resources being put into the game. We know that the costs have grown faster than the gain, and we’re working to address that. We did slightly increase the amount of gold going into the game, and we have more increases in the 2.2 update planned for next week. This is a very slow, careful process.

We constantly get feedback on deals. Each server is a unique experience on a unique hero path, and has different deals. I know the feedback is that deals are not a good value, and it is something the team is reviewing.

The state of the game post is late. I know the team has worked on it, but it’s not ready yet. There have been a number of other issues that have come up and unfortunately, they take priority over the state of the game. I will follow up on this again, and see if there’s anything I can do to help get it to you.

You are being heard, and I do appreciate the feedback. You wouldn’t be here, posting your ideas if you didn’t care about the game. We also care about the game, and are doing our best to make it a good experience.

33 Likes

Thank you for reply at least there. It is very essential and gives positive vibes.

Hopefully a fruity discussion. :slight_smile:

It´s not that the feedback is that deals are not a good value, rather that the team already offered better deals in the past, which causes the sadness over the normal ones being so inferior. Plus rare deals not being given out at all. I believe all players deserve a treat, not just those that have never spent or spent long ago.

Could we at least know in which department the issues came up. Doesn´t have to be something entirely specific, but the area would help.

Here´s a hope something from our ideas turns up… well… in 2 weeks, a month, two. Hopefully before the Golden rank comes.

14 Likes

Hello Polaris,

At least thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, we have now reached the point where mere sentences and supposed promises are no longer enough.

You’ve had all of this feedback for three quarters of a year and nothing has happened yet, except mostly empty promises. Therefore, this now looks like another delay tactic.

I can only advise you, finally, implement the things correctly. This will satisfy the players and get your beloved money. If you don’t do this IMMEDIATELY, this game will not be available anymore shortly because nobody wants to play it anymore. Which would be a real shame.

Best wishes

14 Likes

Dear polaris.
Since you are the only emmisary, you are the one adressed here.

I say, smoke and mirrors. Crowd control. back padding.

I understand they must be pressured from the COVID situation, but it cannot defend their ruthless idea of how to run a game and its way to engage players economically.
You have more than server wide strikes right now, and we are bloody determined to hurt their cash flow, hard.
‘‘We constantly get feedback on deals. Each server is a unique experience on a unique hero path, and has different deals. I know the feedback is that deals are not a good value, and it is something the team is reviewing.’’
If this was the case, they’d know they direly need to satify the player base that funnels thousands of dollars in to it. One way, would be to set an all servers-wide calculation for stamina to real money ratio that doesnt fluctuate.
Make it favorable for the players. easy. Anyone and everyone would go back to spending. they’d be the company that listened. The company that wasn’t just producing another run off the mill mobile cash grab game. The game and company we’d recommend instead of reviewing as garbage on google. The game we’d support instead of hardcore sabotage in anyway possible.
they will be the new The Culling(google it) if they don’t tend to this emergency :slight_smile:
I don’t think they understand that they have a playerbase just as dedicated as some PC games have. they are letting a rare, rare thing die slowly riiiiight in front of them :slight_smile:
Do not underestimate the power of unsatisfied costumers.

12 Likes

unsatisfied customers, but that does not matter

You are right. It´s pretty unique this game never got a PC release because surely one server, started from the scratch would catch a lot of eyes IF the mobile game was heavily recommended.

When I started to play the game a year ago (late July 2019, with the cap at Orange+8) I didn´t give it much attention. Then when I returned after a September break, the game was very enjoyable, BUT it started to go downhill at Red+7 rank. That´s right where most say the game went off the scaling.

What happened? The 6-8-10-12-14 stamina system went against PerBlue, that´s when the badges started costing obnoxious amount of stamina. And they wouldn´t, if every stage costed 6 or, heck, even 8 stamina.
That´s precisely when double drop items started to disappear from the weekly quest.
When rare deals started disappearing.
It´s just that all good that was brought until that point effectively died. And from that point, the game started to rot as a building you don´t maintain.

Sure, we can throw it on the COVID, though if that was REALLY THE CASE, devs would have already updated all the deals to be at least midway between what they are now and what the rare deals were.
I see a sense of trying in bringing gold/diamond crates/epic CW keys into the mix. Yet, we have to see diamond crate and stamina guild gifts being brought to the mix as the saviours. And believe me, they would be the saviours.

Finally, I want the bundles reconsidered, since they never changed and are pretty pathetic in any server. Some values for stuff are just too exaggerated.

And the last thing. @Polaris if anyone in the team needs some help with the maths surrounding the deals, I am sure that not only me, but several others could help in that department. To get beyond that “we players want to have everything” attitude some sure do want and isn´t exactly right either.

2 Likes

Haven’t read the rest of the posts as I’m at work, but what do people think about every rank raise we get a single 4x drop backpack, to use at our leisure. Some heroes from R10 to R11 cost over 30k in stamina just for their badges, not to include now at least 5 million in gold just for those badges. Double drop brings that to 15k, a quad drop only 7.5k still a lot, but it would be more manageable with over 100 heroes and growing. Sure some heroes are “worthless” now, but mechanically I like their kits, or just the character itself so I’ve been maintaining them hoping for a refresh that makes them good again. You can’t ignore to many heroes because the stronger your overall team the more you can do in surge, the more options you have in war if certain heroes are off duty.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply Polaris, we all really appreciate that you take time to reply :-).
Appreciate you post all good feedback to the team even if you don’t reply on all the post.

It is great to hear that our posts and threads has generated discussions within the team, even if you can’t provide us with a lot of information about the discussions.
I can understand if slower cap raises aren’t possible, but I assume some more balancing in order to provide a more satisfying experience should be possible. Thank you Polaris for saying that we at least are being heard :-).

Balancing a game economy like isn’t easy and understandable for us players, so if we could have some dialog in order to create a game economy where both the players and the developers are happy.
While I can’t say for sure, I assume reversing the economy changes that were done back in 2019 might be an idea, in the sense that this old economy change has caused the cost to now escalate faster than what is reasonable.

While increasing the gold is an another option, which I see is something that will be done in the 2.2, as such I think it is good to wait to comment to much on the gold economy until we have see what the gold increases are in 2.2 .

I don’t have much feedback on deals as I don’t buy deals, but given the dissatisfaction in terms of server 21 and server 22 in terms of deals and have seen comparisons. Given what I have seen server 21 and 22 should get deals that feel worthwhile and meaningful to buy.

I see, but still thanks for addressing the situation in terms of State of the Game post Polaris :-).
I hope the team are doing well and are okey and has nothing to do with the situation in America and just game related thing, I at least want to wish for you all at PerBlue that you manage to stay safe.
Thanks and if you can try and help get the State of the Game post out we would be really grateful.

I want to do my best to provide good and insightful feedback in order to help Disney Heroes be the best it can be, and yes I definitely care about the game and as you said otherwise I likely wouldn’t be here. Thanks for trying to make the game be a good experience Polaris/Perblue, looking forward to see what we will get in the future in Disney Heroes :-).

5 Likes

I know this isn’t your fault Polaris, but that was a crap fluff political answer. I don’t think any of us wants to push you into a difficult position, but it remains that you’re our only constant connection to PB. It’s unfortunate that your employer puts you in the position of having to write such drivel in response to customer demands.

These issues have been occurring for a long time and are only growing worse as the months drag on. PB stated that we would have a quarterly update, and we’re into Q3 without a second update. The gold increase from the last update was a paltry 1k gold - not enough to do anything with, really.

I’ve seen in my career when organizations are paralyzed by decision making, and to be frank, the only alternative to the idea that PB doesn’t care about it’s customers is the idea that they are incapable of making decisions at a appropriate and reactive speed. I am genuinely disappointed if either is the case.

23 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney