PerBlue, let's talk

Don’t you think we will need to wait and see the impact of the gold. Even if it does not turn out great, it is a step towards listening to our feedback and acting on it as well as improving gold gain.

No not really, but the cost to hire mercs being halved will help much more. If you hire 20 mercs on S2 at the moment that’s like 8m gold, so an extra 4m a day is nice. With all the other increases (mostly the surge gold itself) I’d hope to see an overall increase of 8-10m a day, which isn’t bad

Not really, cause unless someone stores alot of stamina items, ones which you can only gain from buying deals. Then the gold only covers skills to a certain point. Not badge crafts. Also, the extra gold is good but the problem is the usage of gold, not the income of it. PB still misses that, unfortunately.

Like i said, they needed to sort stamina out as well, otherwise its the same problem in reality.

First of all, thank you PerBlue for increasing the daily gold income and halving mercenary costs, especially the mercenary costs as that should help me a lot in having a better gold balance overall.
Hoping that Endless Surge can help me earn more gold than I did before as well, so overall really good improvements to help improve people’s gold economy balance.

While the favoriting of stages and new “Needed” feature for badges won’t necessarily solve the badge stamina issue, it will definitely help in making the badge grind more effective and quicker.
However these features aren’t as effective as they should be unless they display hidden badges, most stages these days has 6 or more badge not just 3 as the stage UI displays. If the hidden badges could be displayed in some way it would be really appreciated, since right now we fans have to find that information ourselves online.

An example of that for me right now would be that I went to grind for “Gonna get a little weird” bit, however based on what 3 badges were displayed I needed none of the badges displayed at 14-6 and 21-5 unfortunately. As such I had to go online to check what the stages offered badge wise beside what badges were displayed in the game.
To my surprise I saw that 14-6 actually dropped “Fludder” which is a badge I usually need, but 21-5 dropped nothing I needed. If I had actually just gone for the higher chapter as in 21-5 I had missed out on “Fludder” which would have been a missed opportunity for me as the “Fludder” badge is often needed when trying to get characters from White to Purple.

Given this example I think it would be fair to say that displaying hidden badges as well could help the badge grind a fair amount, even if not solving the badge and stamina issue it would still help the issue not be as prominent as it is now. While favoriting stages can help you know what stages included a hidden badge you need, it would overall be better to have a way to display the hidden badges as you won’t be able to know on the own hidden badge’s page that it was in the other stage.

So if the ability to check hidden badges could be implemented into the game it would be really appreciated.

1 Like

One option could be to give a “like” to a stage which give badges needed for you. For every type of badge bit you could put that thumbs up. And the amount of thumbs up signs would point you directly at desired stages.

@Polaris that would actually be a much better QoL option than just “favorite” stage.

1 Like

All well and good praising the gold increase but stamina is the bigger problem. Plus gold usage is the problem, not how much we gain.

More, stamina efficiency.

Well yeah, buying stamina with diamonds and Real money seems to be the thing

I think the best solution could be if you could maybe have combined searching which includes hidden badges, like you could select maybe 5 if not 10 badges and the game will point to the stages where you can grind at least 2 of them of the same time if these 10 badges has any stages where 2 of them can be grind on the same stage.

Maybe a bit complex coding wise, but a badge and stage finder like that would be amazing if made right I think :-).

1 Like

Steps in the right direction, for sure. @Polaris, the response you mentioned a few days in the creation of making, can I safely assume that the patch notes did not constitute the entirety of the reply?

As has been reiterated, a net increase in gold acquisition is nice. I already see myself being a bit more fiscally solvent as a result when it comes to having a store of it. The gold cost per skill point, and the daily stam-to-gain ratio costs needs the highest scrutiny, however. I did an experiment; as of the time I wrote this post, and using nothing more than my nominal stam purchases per day and what I regenerated naturally, I have been able to gain one badge and within a day of completing a second. This puts the average user significantly behind the power curve at the current pace expected of us via level and gear cap increases. More time and resources required to attain increasingly lesser results. It’s a frustrating exercise in tedium and futility; each patch requires exponentially more real money to break even. Will the response you have promised adress these specific issues?

3 Likes

As far as the gold increase in the new update coming up, it’s a Band-Aid to the fundamental problem. The extra gold doesn’t even begin to alleviate the consequences of the scaling problem at all.

5 Likes

I think I might have realized something that could maybe be interesting for you to take into account in terms of the badge grind.

These days we usually now and then get Badge Booster crates and Badge Bazar token in the Contest Progress Rewards, usually between 10-20 Badge Booster crates in the server I am which does improve the numbers of the rate we gain badges.
In terms of contests there are also the Guild Contest which usually give a fair amount of badges, even if not always the badges we want the most they still help the badge grind.

These 3 factors should improve your numbers and not be as disheartening, even if the stamina yes the grind itself for badges should be accurate with your numbers.

One other thing would like to touch on in terms of the overall badge grind, is that based on what I have noticed in the game is that we haven’t had a special Badge crate like the Hero Chip crate for a very long time now. The special Badge crates usually gave decent badges for high near max leveled players and were a great help in terms of helping us players catching up.
I don’t know the reason why the special Badge cates are so rare these days, but I think having at least once a month would be good and beneficial for players and help the Player Satisfaction some.

Badge bundles for diamonds are also something I haven’t noticed for a really long time, probably longer since than the last special Badge crate. The Badge bundles for diamonds wasn’t that uncommon back in 2018 at least and appeared from time to time, but these days they seem non-existent.
I did however see a badge bundle for real money a few days ago, so one can hope the badge bundle for diamonds might come back if the badge bundles for real money start to become more frequent again. Before when the Badge deals for diamonds appeared they had semi-new decent and useful badges, while the badge bundles for real money had newer and overall better badges which I think is fair enough as then people who don’t spend that much can still get extra badges.

Given what I have talked about PerBlue has a number of ways they can help the badge grind, but the most effective ones as in the special Badge crate and the Badge deals for diamonds they haven’t done in a really long time now which I think might be why people feel like they they are more behind in the badge grind than they otherwise would have been.

While the stamina scaling issues should be addressed, in the meantime if Perblue can offer us more special Badge crates and/or Badge bundles for diamonds would be great help in order to help us players have a more stable badge economy.

1 Like

I have an idea about stamina scaling… how about to change it from a 6-8-10-12-14 system to a 4-5-6-7-8 system? At each point a loot would cost 33%-43% less.

2 Likes

That could be a pretty good idea and help a lot :-).

I like the idea and have thought about the idea that the base stamina could be reduced to 4 either by update or Guild Perk. While of course through an update would be best as then everyone can get it, but still even if through a guild perk it is still something and will definitely improve the badge efficiency ^^.

1 Like

Aan update would make it a permanent Double Drop situation compared to what we have now.

Guild Perk would be efficient for Guilds with a lot of GI, but those that are rather low would get nothing, making the experience more condensed.

4 Likes

Yeah, at least for earlier chapters, like at least chapters that are 10 if not 5 lower than your current chapter could have permanent double drops.

I know there are some guild perks for double drops, but like 3% is really little. Would have to be at least 5% I think to feel somewhat worth it to get it in my view.

An on perks, we do need new Guild Contest Perks soon as they are soon filled up in just a few more Guild Contests.

We need continuation of the normal perks already in the game. Most of all double team XP for up to level (cap-10) as is the stamina guild help. Let’s renew the Guild Perks!

The guild I am in still have more normal guild perks to do, but you are right that it is probably about time to add more guild perks as there probably aren’t that many interesting left.

They should probably either expand or add a guild perk that allows players up to level 150 to get Double Team EXP since the perk are a bit old now.
A new or expanded guild perk in terms of being able to store more City Watch rides and or more Extra Attacks in Guild Wars.

How about 35 Epic CW keys as a continuation of Guild CW perk.

2 Likes

Secondary loot drops where always “hidden”, even in Dragon Soul back then.
Makea short list of the coveted items and that’s it.
The game is cluttered with too much information already and looks very messy.

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney