Port event

I agree with Numi. I am on s23, a newer server, and have gotten 750M gold from invasion in a single week (a few weeks ago someone made over 2B from invasion) and can easily do 50M gold per day in surge. It’s not port that is the biggest bloat to server gold, at least not for the people who have a lot of it…

Could server 19 still get one tho please? We need to catch up on 15 levels in a few months and people are already short after the first 5

2 Likes

Well, Invasion is the only place you can get a lot of gold from right now.
And it requires an insane amount of grind/work/clicking.

If that’s an issue for the team, just put a cap on it.
Besides the few people with 1B invasion scores each week, most are struggling with gold. Especially now that you need between 500M to 1B to max skills if you have a larger roster (S22).

And in a year you won´t say a word about it. :slight_smile: Despite it being far more costly to raise characters.

As I said, problem is not the excess gold, but the lacking XP Drinks, which the team still gives… So I´d say there is a need for XP Drink rebalance upwards not gold one.

I‘d never see excessive gold as an issue. Rather lack of gold and xp drinks.
I can’t imagine a large part of all players have an excessive amount of gold. On S22 nearly everyone struggles with it after the port drought.

And I refuse to buy those ridiculously bad gold deals were you get 100M for 30€. Maybe if it‘s 1B…

Speaking of the gold deals, over the last couple months I have noticed they often include port resets. If I were buying those expecting a double port day, I would have been pretty upset by now…

I’ve got 16B gold, but it should be noted that this isn’t because I earn too much gold, it’s because the bottleneck for upgrading heroes is Stamina and thus I don’t have enough to spend it on. I’m not going to waste it (and Hero XP) upgrading a bunch of Purple heroes.

Fix the stamina balance, and the gold hoarding will considerably decrease.

8 Likes

Rather Hero XP than stamina. I don’t think I use that much gold in stamina crafting. Although yes, stamina is also an issue.

I haven’t made a formal count, but I bet I have at least 20 heroes at level 250 or higher yet at rank R10 or lower, because I just don’t have anything else to spend gold on so hey, why not level up a bunch of heroes whose skills might be handy for the few seconds they can survive due to being over a year behind in ranks.

Even with all that gold spent, though, I still have something like 7B hoarded, and it keeps going up, despite the lack of port events, despite my losing interest in maximizing surge, despite not grinding for hours in invasion breaker battles. I suspect at some point surge gold rewards will have to be tweaked, hopefully focusing on the high-end districts that generate so much gold for the high-level players while keeping the low-end districts untouched for the mid-level players still struggling with gold supply.

Until a better balance is achieved in the gold supply, though, we really need an alternative method of spending gold that will appeal to those hoarding billions. I like the idea of switching the cost of upgrading a Battle Badge from Hero XP to gold, though I’d like to make another suggestion: cosmetic crates. 100M for a normal crate, 2B for a guaranteed crate, and you’ll see the hoarded gold drop by at least 80% overnight.

Hardly, it’d be just better if the surge fights scaled off from like third best lineup instead of “the best”
But I know that is near impossible to do coding-wise.
Not to mention the fact that high guilds can’t even remotely reach 100 because the scaling of the individual levels of bonus gold is weird, it should scale but not that high…

@Loutre just saying… if the team wants a “correct” feedback about gold crates you could try making a poll for whether a “Buy 100” or a “slider” is better to be added.

I’d instantly vote for the latter one. And gold is gone :joy:

@Loutre , if you guys don’t want to give people port events because 0.000000001% of the game players have too much gold, then it’s time to introduce new juice color that gives more xp then red and scale the juices up on port to actually be significant to battle badge and level up costs. You can even introduce more guild perks that double xp drops only for ports even for guild members…. But to say there isn’t a problem because stats say so, that’s a problem. As someone in science field profession, will say stats can be manipulated to the agenda want to portray. Juices are a problem, as not all of us can spend what we earn in markets all the time.

4 Likes

Will also say , to go by what some people may have as reliable stats to game economy isn’t quite well to go by, on simple fact some people use multiple accounts in hopes they can merge them down the line. In otherwords, they really play as one account and collect stuff in another. If you want real game stats, let players merge their accounts anytime (even if there is a limit to how many they can merge like up to three into one), not just when and if servers merge.

1 Like

Man, Captain C just says all the right things. @Loutre you guys should really listen to what he has to say! Take advice from players who actually play the game and don’t spend hundreds of dollars per day or week on the game. These updates are only benefiting, you, the merchant. Why don’t you fix the bugs and update the game to work properly? Stop creating new ways to make money in the game. Why not just add ads like other game creaters, to make money?

1 Like

after days of inquiring of the delay port events…it’s disheartening to hear the reason for it.
toooo much gold won’t break the game as there are other bottlenecks that will limit their usage like xp bottles, no buy 100/slider for gold crates(no one will spend their day clicking buy 10), stamina.
gold are ultimately use for skills upgrade n badge creation.so why bother abt too much gold?
create an avenue for players to spend gold then…instead of limiting the already limited chance to earn xp bottles…c’mon PB. you did well coming up with prize wall…then this debacle comes up…let’s get it rite ya

1 Like

I mean, surge is contributing to most, if not all, of the inflation, not port :sweat_smile:

I don’t even do Surge very often, because it is quite possibly the least fun activity in the game.

Heist and CW are arguably worst :yawning_face:

I don’t even mind Heist much at all. Because some of my favorite heroes make a mockery of it.

City Watch is probably the 2nd worst mode after Surge, saved only by the fact that my team doesn’t get ripped out of my hands after a single win.

Smh.

They mean that by lack of stamina they can’t upgrade heroes, and it’s completely pointless to max skills for purple hero, neither crafting badges which also cost gold.
So at the end they can’t upgrade heroes and so use any of the owned gold.

Once badges will get cheaper people will be able to upgrade more heroes and equally use more gold, and it’s not even cheap, 500M gold per hero, increasing +50M per cap rise.

And surge is indeed boring, only gold saves that mode.
And it’s the main source of gold only because nobody will use resets for port without event, so player will only get 12M gold every 2nd day from it. :confused:

Best will be to introduce a new gold market which will sell exclusive items for gold. Like a double normal campaign bag for 200M gold.

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney