Prize Wall Feedback

Uhm… no? We are just trying to find the reasoning for the data. Some parts might be opinionated, of course, but… what is truly objective? If it depends on people it is subjective I’d say :grinning:

So the Wall leader is one of the strongest and one of the first. As Numi said, combining novelty with power, makes sense.

Funny enough, the difference only makes it more interesting to compare player feedback with the data, even if the results become harder to understand.

Unfortunately, you do not have all the data and will not get that information so the feedback being given is too speculative for us to be able to use.

Behind the data are the people :smirk:

I mean, we are just discussing there. Maybe I’m brainstorming a little bit there.

1 Like

But that’s technically the only feedback which you got, other than raw data.

Maybe a pool would be a good idea if the team wants to make prize wall as best as possible.

Would suggest adding some very popular IP (KP is popular among community here, Encanto is very popular too), making their secondary stats good like very high evasion/tenacity, good scaling, and so on.

Eheh.

And unfortunately, you are the wrong people for us to get data from. We are looking for not the most active players which on the forums is what we have. We are looking at game wide date and again, on the forums that is not the place to get that information. You are all VERY useful for in-depth feedback on ways to help the game grow and other ways, but not in ALL ways.

So for this specific case we are using game wide date and not specific forums feedback.

Keep in mind Loutre to not only reference Hard Metric Data and disregard peeople’s Soft Data Opinions just because they are different from the data :-).

Not saying that you do this and not meant as rude, just saying not to disregard Soft Data as in people’s opinions and feels :-).

1 Like

Again, for this specific case we need to look at the metric data more.

I mean… we have players that log in for:
1 hour daily+ - that being mostly us, the “unreliable” data :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
10 mins - 1 hour - some that are vocal on Discord servers of ours sometimes, but not that very often
1 min - 10 mins - likely the largest group that is the most reliable data :smiley:

1 Like

Unfortunately, I am unable to continue discussing this further as I believe it has been exhausted at this point and I do have other things I need to work on.

I don’t think I will discuss much more here. If the team wants to try some suggestion from the “soft data field” (as named by Kira), here it is. Maybe someday in the future.

I just feel like the Support tickets are heard 99.8% compared to us which is like 0.2%. Despite our ideas not being contradictory, but rather supplementary. That’s just how I feel.

It’s rather obvious though that people prefer to upgrade a character which they like rather than some random 5-minute character, plus if they are very good in the game even more people will be interested.

And with stamina issues some players might not upgrade character which they like because it’s just waste of their resources and would keep using characters which they have already maxed.
Some players don’t use any media around the game like the forums or discord, they end not knowing who is good when the new character drops and blindly upgrading heroes, once they discover the truth they might stop upgrading that hero and completely abandon them.

Again, 6000 diamonds isn’t that good nowadays, unless there will be some new source which will allow to use diamonds on something good.

Like Event Crate which can give CW resets, disk power, mission speed-ups, tons of red skill chips… or give these to hero quest rewards.

I will say, don’t just focus on the voiceless as in casuals who may not be the ones actually caring about the game or spending, like that could be misleading metric data.

That said, feel free to do surveys in the game and that way such to actually get hard-ified Soft Data as in more concrete data :-). I think this is the way to go to get more data on what players actually think.

1 Like

Ah, Soft Data is something I heard from this video :-). (Overall a pretty good video, even if not 100% applicable it still have some good points towards this topic).

Surveys/poll is good, as most of players will see what’s actually happen, as for example way over back when we have getting Hero Refresh Polls there were over 6k votes.

This video is from 2017 things have changed a lot in that time.

I mean all data that is taken is Soft Data and it turns into Hard Data that devs see. But to know why the Hard Data goes the way it goes one needs to understand the Soft ones, the various implications, deductions and such.

That’s why we told Loutre that merely saying “this hero is popular”, “this hero has good stats” and similar fashioned statements are rather simplified observations.
It is as if you were trying to find out why a chicken hatches from the egg, but you only examine the surface of it. It’s just lacking essence.

And… that’s exactly it. The game lacks essence to me. I got it. Prize Wall lacks some kind of deeper essence.

Not saying that, just things mentioned in the video are things to keep in mind :-).

Mainly posted the video to explain what I meant by Soft Data.

Also @Loutre may I ask when the Hero Quests were added to the PW? Was it Zeus and then they were changed a bit with like… Raya?

Most of us here at PerBlue have been in this industry for years. pre2017 even and some of these videos just do not age as well as the posters would like. I am aware of what “soft data” meant.

We have looked into ALL of this data that may combine into the player retention. I believe I’ve brought up the Hero Quests and Daily Quests in this thread already. Like I said above, I believe this topic has been exhausted today and I will not be responding further now as I have other work in our other games to get to.

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney