Putting Things into Practice

I’ve made a lot of guides for a lot of characters, but what I do enjoy the most is using themed teams. They are incredibly fun, but often impractical most of the time. But in Coliseum, you can certainly get away with unconventional teams more freely.

Round 1: Sally(Ya), Queen of Hearts(Re), Mad Hatter(Al), Alice(Mi), Joy(Ol)

• It’s the Wonderland trio once again and this time they are dealing with a lot here. Jafar, Peter Pan and D&B do a ton of Fantastic damage, which is why I have Sally(Ya) and Joy(Ol) give a ton of Reality stats for the team. Unfortunately, Sally’s defenses weren’t enough to protect Joy.
  • Thankfully, Joy built enough Happiness to fortify the team’s defenses, even without her healing. It was strong enough that not even Peter Pan can score a KO with his Air Parry.
  • With the combined might of the Wonderland trio, there was just enough chaos to prevent the enemy from gaining momentum. Rafiki was taken out before he could heal his team, and Jafar was shuffled into the deadly range of the Queen of Hearts.
  • LUCK was a huge factor. I lost Joy too early, so I had no more healing. If Rafiki managed to evade the stuns and the charms being thrown at him, he would’ve been able to heal, and I would have lost this round because of that.

Round 2: Hercules(Me), Beast(Su), Ursula(Ti), Timon & Pumbaa(St), Maleficent(Ur)

• Timon & Pumbaa were the designated Merlin counter, which nullified Barbossa’s study and Beast’s healing.
  • Hercules was supercharged thanks to the event at the time.
  • Hercules, Maleficent, and Ursula work together to cause a lot of stuns, and thus, make more openings to take down the enemy Beast.
  • My own Beast was the only damage hero because at least he can reliably survive the enemy Beast’s roar. His movement speed also means he can quickly regain his momentum even with the hazards set by the duck triplets.
  • Huey, Dewey, & Louie caused a lot of problems, forcing Ursula and Maleficent to delay their actions in the beginning the of the round. Luckily, Hercules caused enough disruptions to get everyone caught up.

Round 3: Sulley(Wo), Goofy(Mi), Jack Skellington(Sa), Mike(Su), Kevin(Ba)

• It’s a Scare team featuring the three best scarers of the game! Sulley has previously been given HP Mods and Armor upgrades to toughen him up, but even then, this was still a huge risk considering what they were up against. But they are here because I just wanted my Scare team to succeed!
  • Before recording, I noticed that Miss Piggy has the Queen of Hearts’s Disk equipped, which means a couple of things. One, I cannot use heroes with knock back moves, so I can’t use Bo Peep for example. Two, that also means Miss Piggy can only block the first three disables coming at her.
  • With the immense power boost Miss Piggy gets from blocking disables and being linked with Meg, it was completely a matter of surviving that overwhelming surge of brute strength that determined my chances of victory.
  • Kevin was supposed to cleanse the team from the stuns and charms caused by Meg and Miss Piggy, but his timely healing and shielding ended up being more important in this particular case.
  • Sulley’s healing, Goofy’s shields, and Kevin’s supplementary support was BARELY enough to survive her onslaught.
  • This gave the team just enough time to begin Jack and Mike’s signature stun-lock combination. This prevented the enemy backline from doing anything and was just enough to outlast the invincibility Miss Piggy received from Meg.

Lessons Learned:
There’s a very delicate balance to be had when wanting to use heroes you love but needing heroes that are the most successful in the current meta. I definitely encourage everyone to give their favourite heroes a try, even if they’re not suppose to do that well in PvP. Yes, it’s technically harder to win with those heroes, but there’s probably a way to do it anyway. But also, be adaptable and know what works. For instance, you can’t expect a freeze team to reliably win against a team that has Anger and Kevin in it. Know your matchups and use that knowledge to help you form teams that are fun and successful.

14 Likes

This. Is. Awesome.

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney