Raya/Genie Friendship Campaign

Friend Like Me

Raya/Genie

Prologue

Raya: So, i here that you used to grant wishes.

Genie: Yep, three wishes per customer. But thanks to my buddy, Al, i’m a free genie now and i loving every minute of it.

Raya: How do you even fit in a lamp anyway?

Genie: With precise planning and a few yoga classes. You gotta be extremely flexable (stretches himself into a knot) You know, i’ll think i’ll leave the stretching to Elastigirl.

Raya: (chuckles) i think that would be best.

Episode 1

Sidekick Swap

Raya: Sisu? Sisu? Where are you?

Aladdin: Hey Raya

Raya: Oh, hi Aladdin. Have you seen Sisu anywhere?

Aladdin: She forgot to tell you didn’t she?

Raya: Tell me what?

1: Ever since arriving in the city, Raya has a hard time connecting with other people other than Sisu who she usually patrols with.

2: Today would be different. Aladdin asked Sisu to help on an undercover mission.

3: To make up for it, Aladdin gives Raya an oil lamp

4: Aladdin tells her the lamp was very special before he flies off on Carpet

5: Raya left the police station baffled at what she has.

Raya: What’s so great about a musty old lamp anyway? Oh well, guess i’m on my own today.

Episode 2

A Grand Entrance

1: As she rides on Tuk Tuk, Raya examines the lamp further.

2: To her it was just musty old lamp, nothing special about it.

3: The least she could was clean it a little. So she rubs the lamp clean.

4: As soon as she started rubbing it, the lamp began to shake and spark.

5: In a ploom of smoke, Genie come out of the lamp with style.

Genie TA DAAA!!! How’s that for a grand entrance? But be honest, on a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate it?

Raya: …!?

Genie: Your right! Where are my manners? I forgot to introduce myself. You little lady are in the presence of the phenomenal cosmically powerful Genie of the Lamp! (Fanfare) And you are?

Raya: Uh… Raya.

Genie: Glad to meet ya Raya. Can i call ya “Ry” or maybe just “Ray”. Come on, speak up! I gotta call my new patrol partner something.

Raya: New partner?

Episode 3

Old Habits

1: Hearing that Genie is her patrol partner, Raya sets the lamp down and rolls away on Tuk Tuk.

2: Genie, confused at her reaction, decides to follow her.

3: Raya notices him and goes faster.

4: With a snap of the fingers, Genie conjures a brick wall in the middle of the road.

5: Tuk Tuk goes into screeching halt, sending Raya flying into the sidewalk.

Genie: Did i come on too strong? i’m sorry if i scared ya. I didn’t mean to, i was trying make a good impression.

Raya: No. No. It wasn’t that. It’s just an old habit i am trying to break out of.

Genie: Well, you know what they say, (turns into a zombie) Old habits die hard . Plus, Sisu told me you would do something like that. So, it’s no biggie.

Raya: Wait, you know Sisu?

Genie Blue dragon? Long and fuzzy? A bit of a space case? Yeah, i do. Anyway, what happened that may you do that?

Raya: It’s… it’s complicated.

Genie: Say no more Ry, i know just what to do.

Episode 4

Talking It Out

1: Genie conjures a therapy couch and turns himself into a psychiatrist and asked Raya to start at the beginning.

2: Exasperated, Raya goes along with it and sits down.

3: Raya explains what happened with Namaari and how her actions helped break her world.

4: She spent the past six years not trusting anyone until she met Sisu.

5: Everything is fine with Namaari now but still Raya’s trust issues come back every now and than.

Genie: (in a german accent) So, it would seem that you use Sisu as something of an emotional crutch when it comes to trusting people. Ya?

Raya: I guess you could say that. But i’m really trying.

Genie: Sure you are. Sometimes you just gotta jump in and hope for the best. It’s simple, just open your mouth and say…

Creep: PURGE THE ERROR!!!

Genie: Woah, did that come out of me?

Raya: No, it didn’t. We got company.

Episode 5

Knights of the Dragon

1: Raya unsheathes her swords and starts slash an oncoming creep hoarde.

2: Genie turns into a knight with a lance and mounts on Tuk Tuk.

3: With a loud “Tally-Ho!” Tuk Tuk charges at full speed as Genie skewers creeps.

4: Genie grabs Raya as they duo slashes creeps until a few stragglers were left.

5: Genie uses his magic to blast whats left.

Raya: Woah, you weren’t kidding when you said you had cosmic powers.

Genie: What about you with that fancy sword of yours. Now about what you said before those creepy creeps showed up. In the time i have been here, i have met alot of people i can depend on and i consider them my good friends. True there are some shady characters around here like Jafar for instance.

Raya: Jafar? Isn’t he tall, dark, and has a creepy staff that looks like a snake with glowing eyes?

Genie: Yeah, i woudn’t go trusting that guy if i were you. He’s one mean mamma jamma.

Raya: Genie we need to get to Fang palace. Now!

Genie: I get the feeling you two met already.

Raya: I did, i should have known he was trouble.

Genie: In that case, (changes into a cowboy) high-ho Tuk Tuk! Away!

Episode 6

A Snake in the Palace

1: Tuk Tuk raced toward Fang Palace.

2: Raya explains to Genie that Fang has aquired new vizer, he goes by Jafar and there was something about him she dosen’t like.

3: And for the past few days, Namaari has been acting very strange and everytime she is near Jafar, the eyes of his snake staff glowed.

4: Genie has seen it before, Jafar has hypnotized Namaari with his snake staff just like Jasmine’s father was.

5: When they reached Fang palace, the sound of swords clashing and magic blast can be heard inside.

Sisu: Come on Jafar, we can talk this out. Right? Oh boy, your a giant snake now. Hey, Al, i could use your help here.

Aladdin: Love to Sisu, but I’m little busy at the moment.

Raya: Sounds like Sisu and Aladdin are in trouble.

Genie: Look like we better go help them out.

Raya: My thoughts exactly.

Genie: Hold on fellas, Raya and Genie comin’ to the rescue!

Episode 7

Heroics from Above

1: As Genie was about to barge in, Raya stops him. They needed a stealthy approach.

2: Raya grapples on top of the roof, Genie turn into a ninja and follows her lead.

3: They made to the edge and found Jafar had tied Aladdin to a pillar… using a struggling Sisu as a rope.

4: But before they can take on Jafar, they had to take care of Namaari first.

5: Raya jumps from the roof while Genie turned into a mallet. Raya uses Genie to smack Namaari over the head, knocking her out.

Raya: How’s that for a grand entrance?

Jafar: I am not impressed.

Genie: (Multiplies into several police officers) We got you surrounded, untie the dragon and the boy and no one gets hurt!

Sisu Do as he says. Please. This is giving me a cramp.

Raya: You heard him Jafar! (Unsheathes her sword) Let them go now!

Jafar: Oh please, not another feeble warrior challenge. Well, looks like i’ll have to amuse you… With this! (Turns into a genie)

Episode 8

Fogged In

1: As Jafar turns into a genie, Raya spots a black lamp and remembers how she met Genie

2: Avoiding Jafar’s magic blasts, Raya and Genie untied Sisu and Aladdin and shared with them their plan

3: Sisu laid down some fog as Genie turns into a giant fan to spread it across the room.

4: In the fog, Aladdin nimbely avoided Jafar’s magic and threw his lamp into the fog.

5: When the fog cleared, Jafar sees that Raya was holding the lamp

Jafar: Give me the lamp child. It belongs to me.

Raya: Oh, i’ll give to you all right (rubs the lamp and sucks Jafar inside of it).

Jafar: Nooo!

Namaari: (Regaining consciousness): Raya? What happened? Where’s Jafar?

Raya: Well, look who decided to wake up. Don’t worry, he’s right in here.

Genie: Some time in the stony lonesome ought to chill him out.

Sisu: So, i take it that you two hit it off. I knew that Genie was the right person for the job.

Raya: Yeah, he maybe a bit much but you get used to… wait. You did this on purpose?

Sisu: Well, yeah. I had to get the ball rolling somehow. So i asked Genie and Aladdin to lend a hand. And from the looks of it, it worked really well, you know, apart from the whole crazy sorcerer thing.

Raya: Yeah, i guess it did. I would be happy to partner with my new friend again anytime.

Genie: Aw, shucks.

Friendship campaign complete

9 Likes

Do you think that this is a likely friendship campaign if they put Raya gets in the game?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

That was interesting, I like Genie. Who knows, maybe Raya WILL come to the city.

Somehow, this actually works. You wrote Raya and Sisu very naturally and the plot actually made sense with the character contexts. However, I don’t think this would happen, still, cool to think about. Raya is quite a flexible character so far, rather easy to write friendships for.

4 Likes

To add to what Rex said, I also thought a Boun/Genie friendship would be fun.

As someone who has seen the film and I think has a strong grasp on both Raya and the Genie, I do not think this is that great. Some of Raya’s dialogue feels forced and other stuff like that.

1 Like

Come on. It couldn’t be that bad. Could it?

1 Like

You could have just a put a warning sign for the spoilers from her film

Well if it´s a friendship campaign with Raya I think it´s obvius that it wil contain spoilers. But that´s just me

1 Like

Yes. I am allowed to have said opinion of it.

No. No. Of course you do. But that not what i meant. I meant that it’s dosen’t feel forced to me.

Obviously you would say that since you wrote it. Others just happen to have different perspectives and prefer characters being written a certain way.

3 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney