Red Skills Quick Guide

Hopefully itā€™ll be good feedback. Right now he looks like a poor manā€™s Ursula.

Wouldnā€™t it be easier to just level Ursula? :wink:

2 Likes

This is fantastic! Thank you!
I also love the valuation youā€™ve added to each skill. And of course, your explanation for said valuations. very helpful

Also. Beautiful job with the nested descriptions. I love some good formatting :+1::wink:

1 Like

Thank you for creating such a helpful guide. Are there any people using sally and jack skellington? They both have three stars and seems like an interesting character to pick considering how long they have been out from the spotlight.

1 Like

Iā€™m using Jack Skellington and just unlocked his Red Skill today, @Captain_Ghalt. He is amazing, not as great as recent toon but he still strong in his own way :slight_smile: Put him in a scare team, and you will not regret it ;))))

I always pair him with Sulley in Yellow week since the beginning :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I wrote an article about it back then! It was super cool :open_mouth:

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I like using him with mike. I guess if leveled up his red skill basically allows him to scare at least someone every second from start which may be interesting to pair with oogey, or someone with burst fantastic damage from start like collette.

1 Like

Oogie is like an updated version of Jack Skellington so, yes, itā€™d be great if you could pair them up together. And If you use Oogie, I think his Randall disc is better, cause Itā€™d slow down scared enemies ;))))

1 Like

The guide is caught up; Iā€™ve added Dr. Facilier, Kida, Magica, and Powerlineā€¦ sort of. Iā€™ve yet to really get to know their Skills, but at least theyā€™re here.

5 Likes

Thanks for the update :grinning: So I have been questioning myself, for example if the highest level is 155 at your server, how high would you need to level up the red skill in order for it to be effective enough? Especially the ones that depend on the level. Iā€™m kind of feeling I need to get to 145, in other words -10 from the highest level. I was wondering how everyone is experiencing this.

Subtract 120 to the serverā€™s max level cap, thatā€™s how many levels the Red Skill will have.

1 Like

Sorry, I misunderstood your question!

Since the majority of skills will be less effective when under-leveled, it really depends on who youā€™re talking about.

Some skills might fail altogether if itā€™s not maxed, but the closer it is to max, the more likely it is to succeed. My personal example of this is Kevin. My Kevin is about 5 levels behind, which is close enough that his Red Skill will work most of the time. When the level cap rises again, I will have lower success rates yet again, so I must keep up just enough to keep it functional.

Then there are those Skills that donā€™t technically fail, but will have a reduced effect when not maxed. My personal example of this is Elsa. She gains energy (up to 75) every time she or her allies freeze/slow enemies. When I first unlocked this Skill, she was only gaining a measly 2 energy. But as I invested in it more, she started gaining 10. Then 26ā€¦ then 43ā€¦ then 54ā€¦ then 66! The closer I got, the better Elsa was rewarded. My Elsa is currently maxed and sheā€™s doing great!

So based on that, I hope you get a decent idea for what you were looking for.

3 Likes

Thanks Aurora for yet another amazing guide. I have one question, for each hero, is the red skill more useful with one of their disks over the other? I think this would be a good bullet point to add whether it is ED or a specific disk.

1 Like

From what I can tell, it seemingly doesnā€™t matter which disk is being used. Players should stick to whatever disk theyā€™ve already invested in.

3 Likes

Thanks for the detailsšŸ˜† I think I got the idea. Have to decide which red skill is worth maxing out and which are not necessary. Kind of curious of a maxed gizmo duck. If he can be a reliable healer.

The score for this should be 3 stars or even honorable 4 stars, this skill boosts Duke to a new level.
Paired with Meg makes him best damage dealer, comparable if not better than Randall in some situations. With addition of Nick it gives another shot of damage.

Itā€™s not hyper game changing as skill above but it gives facilities for your team, removing buffs is always great, and huge boost of BD and some SP too make her damage dealer.
The score should be here 2 stars.

Nick Wilde - this skill makes him 3 in 1, damage, control and support at once.
Support part: If you have well upgraded purple skill by mods upgrades, sharing 35% of his SP means even 306,250 SP (if purple skill is increased by 100 by mods) to others which is huge buff to allies. Making heals, buffs and damage dependent on SP very high.
Control part: Outside of invasion Nick can remove even 91k armor per lemming (x5), it increase normal damage dealt by your allies drastically. Nick also can stun all enemies up to 10s.
Damage role: Nick gains his own stat boots as well, increasing his own damage pretty well.
Score: 3/3

Moana: Not much to talk here, it just rise her damage pretty well as also slightly her survivability. Not so amazing, but also not bad.
Score 2/3

Hank & Dory: Just by looking, itā€™s good to counter our stupid lizard - Randall, and this is always welcome. Hank & Dory can also ignore first 2 debuffs.
Score 2/3

Ducky & Bunny: Damage, damage and damage all over and some HP too plus knock back.
Score 2/3

1 Like

What about Gerald?

Well, Geraldā€™s red looks pretty good against teams without knocking characters, but not super, his purple is still the main.

Sally has been my top toon forever! I love her and her Red Skill. :grin::laughing: @Captain_Ghalt

To be perfectly honest, iā€™d rather have him decrease the opponentsā€™ reality, because i still would like to deal more fantastic damage. While, yes, heā€™s good with a lot of toons that deal normal damage, but i use a team that mostly does fantastic, and most of their skills deal fantastic damage. And yes, i have upgraded the Purple skill up by 40 levels with mods, so now he gains 55k SP per ally, and if i have Hiroā€™s bot, not only do i have an extra high Max HP toon, but also more SP, i think. So would be nice if he could decrease reality, but iā€™m ok with the armor decrease. I understand that makes him more supportive than synergy with his own moveset, but yeah, wouldā€™ve been nice.

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | Ā© Disney