Red Skills Quick Guide

Yax’s Red skill looks too situational. Maybe im just under estimating how long it takes to get 900 energy in 10 seconds. But why does his red skill have two conditions when no one else does? :face_with_monocle:

10 seconds in a game like this, is a loooong time.

I have played games before, where 1 second was a long time. It is not necessarily too situational.

2 Likes

How often does his red skill activate in a fight? That’ll give me a good idea of how easy it is to trigger.

I agree. I feel like it should simply just drain a bit of energy while under the effects of Body Odor or something along those lines. Or even just give the enemy Sap status for the entire duration. The 900 energy condition is just pretty meh.

1 Like

Statistically speaking, the answer is zero. Ever since Yax has been given his Red Skill, no player has ever bothered taking him to Arena. The newest Friendship Campaigns don’t make use of Yax’s Red Skill to it’s full potential (Red Skills are not maxed there). The same goes with City Watch; Yax is no where to be found in there, so there has been no practical data for a legitimate answer.

With Red Skills coming to all servers, maybe (never) someone (no one) will (not) invest (don’t) on Yax.

3 Likes

I can give you some feedback when I get round to him, prob late February.

1 Like

Hopefully it’ll be good feedback. Right now he looks like a poor man’s Ursula.

Wouldn’t it be easier to just level Ursula? :wink:

2 Likes

This is fantastic! Thank you!
I also love the valuation you’ve added to each skill. And of course, your explanation for said valuations. very helpful

Also. Beautiful job with the nested descriptions. I love some good formatting :+1::wink:

1 Like

Thank you for creating such a helpful guide. Are there any people using sally and jack skellington? They both have three stars and seems like an interesting character to pick considering how long they have been out from the spotlight.

1 Like

I’m using Jack Skellington and just unlocked his Red Skill today, @Captain_Ghalt. He is amazing, not as great as recent toon but he still strong in his own way :slight_smile: Put him in a scare team, and you will not regret it ;))))

I always pair him with Sulley in Yellow week since the beginning :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I wrote an article about it back then! It was super cool :open_mouth:

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I like using him with mike. I guess if leveled up his red skill basically allows him to scare at least someone every second from start which may be interesting to pair with oogey, or someone with burst fantastic damage from start like collette.

1 Like

Oogie is like an updated version of Jack Skellington so, yes, it’d be great if you could pair them up together. And If you use Oogie, I think his Randall disc is better, cause It’d slow down scared enemies ;))))

1 Like

The guide is caught up; I’ve added Dr. Facilier, Kida, Magica, and Powerline… sort of. I’ve yet to really get to know their Skills, but at least they’re here.

5 Likes

Thanks for the update :grinning: So I have been questioning myself, for example if the highest level is 155 at your server, how high would you need to level up the red skill in order for it to be effective enough? Especially the ones that depend on the level. I’m kind of feeling I need to get to 145, in other words -10 from the highest level. I was wondering how everyone is experiencing this.

Subtract 120 to the server’s max level cap, that’s how many levels the Red Skill will have.

1 Like

Sorry, I misunderstood your question!

Since the majority of skills will be less effective when under-leveled, it really depends on who you’re talking about.

Some skills might fail altogether if it’s not maxed, but the closer it is to max, the more likely it is to succeed. My personal example of this is Kevin. My Kevin is about 5 levels behind, which is close enough that his Red Skill will work most of the time. When the level cap rises again, I will have lower success rates yet again, so I must keep up just enough to keep it functional.

Then there are those Skills that don’t technically fail, but will have a reduced effect when not maxed. My personal example of this is Elsa. She gains energy (up to 75) every time she or her allies freeze/slow enemies. When I first unlocked this Skill, she was only gaining a measly 2 energy. But as I invested in it more, she started gaining 10. Then 26… then 43… then 54… then 66! The closer I got, the better Elsa was rewarded. My Elsa is currently maxed and she’s doing great!

So based on that, I hope you get a decent idea for what you were looking for.

3 Likes

Thanks Aurora for yet another amazing guide. I have one question, for each hero, is the red skill more useful with one of their disks over the other? I think this would be a good bullet point to add whether it is ED or a specific disk.

1 Like

From what I can tell, it seemingly doesn’t matter which disk is being used. Players should stick to whatever disk they’ve already invested in.

3 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney