Requesting Player Feedback on Pink Dots

Gonna be honest here… couldn’t care less about pink dots get rid of them all if needed whatever makes the game run better and playable

Glad you guys are asking us (great idea to whomever thought of it)

Can’t wait to see the game to get less laggy

Part of the reason that me personally is losing interest is the ungodly amount of lag

Keep up the good work on the game Can’t wait to see more refreshes (especially Nick Wilde’s)

:grin:

2 Likes

They aren’t always helpful. For example, note that the “Wilderness Explorer Logo” badge has a pink dot by it:

However, when I tap on that badge, the store tells me I can craft “Lots” of it, meaning over 100:

So I dig a bit deeper and craft some of the sub-badges for the offered badge:

And what do you know, all of a sudden the store realizes I don’t actually need that badge after all:

And there are times when you don’t strictly need a badge at the time you go to the shop, but it’s one that you run out of all the time and so is worth buying anyway. For example, the shop doesn’t have “Buster” or “Platinum You Can Fly” marked, but I have only one or two of each of those and frequently need to farm them, so it’s worth getting them even though they aren’t marked.

Going by the pink dots is better than just ignoring the shop or just buying as much as possible every day, but it’s definitely not the best use of your badge tokens.

4 Likes

I use the pink dots on the hero screen only, and often wish there was an option to filter for them. Everywhere else I don’t bother.

I think the problem here is not the dots themselves, but the quantity of playable heroes.

This morning, I tried to scroll to the end of the list and the game locked up twice when I got to near the end, forcing me to quit the game and restart.
The third time was almost as bad.

I do not know how this can be fixed, but a common request has been to add a filter to the list, marking unwanted/unused heroes as hidden so the game does not show them on the list.

Me personally, I would go for a more ruthless approach, to give the player the option to delete the unwanted heroes so the game is no longer dedicating memory resources to those.

1 Like

the dots themselves aren’t necessarily bad, but the fact that they have extra data inside can cause the lag. maybe make the dot a regular ASCII pink dot with no exclamation or numbers. that is enough to let it be known. that or change the bg if the item that needs attention with an rgba value if new rgba(X) else if cleared rgba(clear). that way only one string should loop through the variables without loading any extra assets, which to a certain degree could help reduce lag.

or add/modify a border rgba value which could refrain the need for an extra asset altogether. you just change either one side of the border frame to the color you need, to represent the issue: new item, can be used by heroes, whatever. since it is just a line of code linked by a code string in the loop, it’ll be lighter on the loading times compared to a separate asset.

anyway, those are simple options I can think of that could retain the benefit of the dot but reduce the lag to a certain extent

Maybe they’ll tell us if they’ll fix it in the patch notes on Friday

This is the root of this problem. Look no further. Fix it and everything will be ok

The reason we see so many red dots is because, we have nothing :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes: and every hero need every bits for crafting, which is terrible

And, what is the point of red dots if they appear on EVERY SINGLE bits??? Utterly useless and annoying

Again, none of this would happen if the economy in game weren’t broken… but we all know you guys won’t fix it due to obvious reason

4 Likes

It’s not the actual act of displaying a pink dot with an exclamation mark that’s causing lag, it’s the calculations required to determine which badges and badge bits the dots should be placed on. Quoting from Samm’s initial comment:

So any way of marking needed or unneeded badges or bits will need those computations and will thus cause the same lag.

1 Like

We can add settings turn off or on pink dots, not hurt? I like pink dot get me attention to finish!

/|Omar|\

Simplify badge trees would help alotttttttttttt. Also if pink dots were erased I wouldn’t mind they are rarely useful anymore anyway due to badge crafting trees. The badge bazaar always has pink dots on the wrong badges and as someone mentioned when they were broken game ran way smoother

FIX THE BADGE CRAFTING ISSUE AND ALL WILL BE GOOD AGAIN WE SHOULDNT NEED PURPLE BLUE ORANGE BITS AT EMERALD AND YELLOW :man_shrugging:t2:
We have badges costing almost 1 million stamina now to craft cause of said trees being so out of control

Meanwhile we have badges that NEVER get used for any badges sitting and collecting dust in our inventory while escape plans and love bugs we can’t keep enough of

8 Likes

I appreciate the pink dots for easily pointing out what I need in the markets, but as others have pointed out, they’re often redundant by not considering craftables. Anywhere else, I really don’t care if they get kicked out.
Personally, I suspect this is a direct product of the insane badge crafting situation - so many badges/badge bits are needed by up to 100+ heros depending on how many a player has leveled. And the pink dots are calculating who needs every last bit for all of them. So not surprising it’s causing lag issues…

1 Like

The only place where I find the pink dots useless is in telling me I have heroes that can be upgraded. Just about every hero has some aspect that needs upgrading. So it just wastes time.

1 Like

I’m VIP 18… how high does it need to be?!

tbh that’s ridiculous. it needs to be available to everyone because everyone has to enhance the badges and to do over 200 heroes 6 times takes way longer than it needs to

So you’re picking between an easy, but questionable solution (I would say pink dots do not matter in Trials, but are still helpful in Shops) and the one which adresses more problems at once, but takes much more time and effort to perform? Have to be honest, my vote is for the second one. These dots cause lag, sure, but it’s still less annoying than clicking at a dozen of badges in a row to find the one you have stamina to create.

I find them very useful

Stop lying. There isn’t such option.
PB needs to add it first… STILL.

5 Likes

Why no one button to maximize all skills instead of clicking 25 times for each hero

Going from 390 to 395 is worse than going from 0 to 395 since you have to click 5 times each skill (no scroll for 5 levels)

Thanks for the answer:

1 Like

It’s same formula, to retrieve information they need to run that formula

But, is it running between server and our game storage or our it runs server wise? Is our data saved on the servers and they retrieve formula data locally?

If not, then they might need to do that

1 Like

you can use the “Max” function to max all skills or only max white, green, blue and purple (if you turn off the red skill maxing setting)

2 Likes

Ty, just saw the max button into left side
How to turn off red skill?

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney