Requesting Player Feedback on Pink Dots

Once again someone who has no clue how bad the lag is.

1 Like

I havenā€™t noticed any problems with Trials.

1 Like

Off topic, and Patch really doesnā€™t have much, if anything, to do with how Baymax and Chip & Dale (and a few others) are able to blow away many teams within 2 seconds. Thatā€™s more due to power creep, which has its own current topic.

Some (including me) are using phone with 2 RAM, With these 2 RAMs make the game crashes continuously. And the Pink Dot is the cause.

In enchantment, chapter also šŸ¤·šŸ»

1 Like

I personally find them useful when me or my friend buy any type of pack from the game I get to see what badges or bits u can use on any heroā€™s that I want or need to upgrade so itā€™s really helpful for me and I think also other that with the pink dots we can see if itā€™s worth trying and trying a gain and again to beat a trial for a certain badge if we donā€™t have enough diamonds to buy more energy

1 Like

If Iā€™m being honest the pink dots arenā€™t causing lag and also the pink dots are useful so you can know who needs what badge

1 Like

PerBlue, who literally coded the game, are saying that the pink dots are causing the lag.

:man_shrugging::exploding_head:

4 Likes

I wish I could sort by pink dot in the Heroes screen so I easily see who needs attention.

1 Like

It is off topic though, your comment provided no constructive feedback on the topic in hand and was just a big long paragraph about something totally unrelated :man_shrugging:

If these dot calculations are contributing to lag, itā€™s client-side - so if youā€™re lucky enough to have a very powerful device, perhaps itā€™s not so bad, but from past feedback and experience itā€™s clearly a major issue for a lot of people.

If those people have such a poor experience that they canā€™t or wonā€™t purchase IAP, itā€™s a major issue for PB too :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yes! This! So much this!ā€™

I think the Pink Dot could be a toggle in the setting, as that way you can decide if you want to see the Pink Dots or not.

Personally I donā€™t really use the Pink Dots as I grind by inventory and not by Badge, as in that I grind based on what I see I am low on in my inventory:

In this case I see that I should grind Escape Plan, Lightspeed or the Unbirthday badge as those are the ones I have under a 1000 badge bits of.

I think this make it so that I donā€™t get the extra Pink Dots on the Trial Badges as I already have enough of them for the system to ignore them Pink Dot wise.

I will say, with my newer iPad I donā€™t feel that many lag problems, but with my older iPad I definitely the lag a lot more, so I think device age plays a part in how much lag you individually experience in the game.

So yeah, if Pink Dots arenā€™t fully removed I believe at least it is good to have them as a toggle :-).
That said, if still causing a decent amount of lag even if toggled off, it might be better to remove them in that case.

The only time I use the pink dots is in the merchant shop. I only buy the ones with pink dots. I donā€™t go in to see which heroes I can use it for. If I need it at the time I buy it. It doesnā€™t matter which hero needs it. Almost forgot, I use it in the enhancements screen too. It helps when I have to go through all the yellow heroes. I can flip through them quickly and only stop on the ones with dots. But, Iā€™ve only had lag problems in the invasions. Which I think is probably a bug issue, not lag.

And Samm and others in this topic have made it clear that lag is a significant concern for many players. There is a topic here about powercreep, and Iā€™d love for it to get more attention because I think the explosive increase in stats for many new or refreshed heroes lately is a serious concern.

For me the only place I get lag sometimes is when Iā€™m doing prizewall.

FYI @Samm an attempted fix to laggy dots in update 4.2.10 actually broke them even worse, such that presumably the dot calculations werenā€™t running at all, and until it was reverted the game has literally never run so fast in itā€™s entire life

If that was a preview of how quick it could be with the dots removed, then they really have to go ASAP, it was fantastic :rocket:

4 Likes

Is there anyway you can put an enable and disable buttons in our settings. That way we can choose to have it on or off.

Hey, if itā€™s the pink ā€œ!ā€ dots that have been making the game seize up like it has been, then kick them to the curb! Anything to restore the gameā€™s playability.

1 Like

Gee, I thought it was just my old IPhone X that had a lag. Guess itā€™s game wide. Think pink dots help me know which badges or bits I need to get instead of clicking each one to see.

Maybe there is some other way to let us know which ones we need without a pink dot, IDK. But I like all the heroes. I would be happy if the prize wall was only once per month instead of every couple of weeks.

Keep up what you are doing Disney. You make a lot of people proud and love your game.

Would prefer if you moved the buttons In the city watch at the top right away from each other. Either you didnā€™t consider guys with fat fingers orā€¦well, thatā€™s the only reason I can think of.

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | Ā© Disney