Roadmap Feedback

@Loutre Why was the “Role” and “Team” sorting not added to the roadmap? :thinking:

I’m starting to hate the game so much because without it it’s awful trying to find a hero :roll_eyes:

Yah totally agree. There’s been nothing since Codebase for Yellow. I feel like the game is getting ignored/abandoned. There isn’t even a note to refresh any current features.

Loutre said there are thing(s) in secret development. I’m not sure why it has to be a secret if they have a roadmap. I wonder if it’s the Tower feature mentioned in a Q&A?

2 Likes

secret development in this kind of game is a terrible idea - by the time the secret is revealed, players have lost interest :roll_eyes:

better to at least string us along with some tidbits even if they don’t eventually come to fruition (cough, Lightning ROB)

8 Likes

What happened to the new NPC characters like Mega Mage ? First appeared by accident in invasion at R17 and hasn’t been seen since

1 Like

Tower Trial was announced months ago in Q&A and nothing. Buffing red skills for old heroes as well, promises that every .10 update will include hero refresh… none did happen.

Fozzie Event like Trial as permanent feature was also told.

Red skill chips from elite as permanent feature as well… oh, and red skills are still cost way too much.
… badges also ask for too much stamina.

Literally everything told isn’t happening, or it takes almost a year, as the a filter.

ROB was in data for… 2 years if not more!

And as the heroes… might be the process (but that long, it’s way more than 6 months), but still no Soul or Raya characters while other Disney games got them long time ago? Same with Onward, it’s really all far behind with others. Cruella for her movie release?

It really seems devs aren’t intresting, players as well and leaving, and game loops between cap rises and new (more or less random) heroes, which even aren’t enough as rotations are really dead. Nothing new or exciting; 6 day contests isn’t new a feature.
It just goes like that if the game was supposed to be closed next year.

It really is sad ending for such a good game, eh.

7 Likes

I think the issue right now is the fact that PerBlue are working on 5 games at once, 3 of them in beta as in like having to split their resources more than optimal. I understand starting 1 beta game, but 3 games around the same time sounds like way too much.

We can see here that PerBlue wants more staff, so it seems like they are trying to expand:

Though PerBlue don’t seem to be able toget hirings as fast as they would like as at least from what I have seen as no job offerings have been removed since 24 July, and while 1-2 weeks isn’t that long it seems to me like PerBlue doesn’t have enough staff to support 5 title at once and as such has to cut corners.

These 3 games being the beta games:

(Note: I don’t know PerBlue’s exact staff situation, what I said here is based on logic and observations).

To all at PerBlue I understand if you all have to cut corners due to not enough staff to maintain all the 5 games at once with the same attention Disney Heroes got before, however I do think at least the one think can help us players motivation which is the “Carrot on a stick concept” as in players having a motivation to move forward as in play. ( Like a bone on a stick for this Disney dog: ).

In my view right now there are nothing really that acts as an interesting carrot on a stick that stands out to us players in the near future which is pretty concerning, even I can feel my own motivation lowering due to it there being nothing really interesting to look forward to.

Hero Information isn’t really something that sounds that interesting even if helpful, it doesn’t sound that interesting and I am not sure if it is something that technically needed to be adjusted.

We players are dissatisfied with Disney Heroes at the moment and doesn’t meet the standard for the product quality we are expecting as players/customers of the game. We have nothing really concrete to look forward to as far as we know, so if we could get a rundown of what is coming that would be really appreciated.

I think the best way to satisfy us players right now beside actually adding interesting content to the game, the other alterative would be to make a State of the Game post in the style of the State of the Game from August 2020.

Examples:

This is what I think is needed, which is trust building and adding some interesting motivation carrots on stick in terms of having something look forward to continue to motivate us to play.

At the very least I think an update like the State of the Game update from February 2020 would be the minimum, and would likely help restore motivation for us players some:

@Loutre So yeah, if you could forward this to the team it would be really appreciated, and if possible ask if you can add something to the roadmap even if small :-).
Not sure if you can say your own thoughts on what I said here, but yeah if anything at least getting to hear that it has been forwarded to the team would be nice.

5 Likes

The information you are suggesting regarding the studio staffing is not correct, but I cannot speak more regarding internal information.

As I said yesterday; there are things I’d like to add to the roadmap, but am still waiting on approval.

9 Likes

Don’t forget the Borders and Emerald Credits that have been in the data for around the same time

4 Likes

Not saying that it is exactly correct, but it would be how it seems for us players on the outside which is still something even if just a feeling. Completely understand if you can’t say more on it though.

Ah, I didn’t catch that you were specifically waiting on approvals to add more things, but yeah thanks for letting us know Loutre and hope you get the approvals soon :-).

2 Likes

I like your post Kira.
Tbh what I found out in my gameplay since July 2019 (2 years already yeesh!) is that the cycle of things in the game did not change.

Yes, we got higher rewards in contest recently.
Yes, many modes were made better.
But… it´s still the same: cap raise - heroes released - cap raise - heroes released.

What I mean by it is that I sincerely regret PerBlue is heading this way, basically because the current strategy makes about 30-35 heroes (out of NOW 150) viable in combat, while using others feels like an ultra deadweight.

And no, I don´t think every deadweight hero needs a refresh. It just happens that the threshold of stats for new heroes keeps raising at a rather alarming pace. By that I mean that almost any hero released more than a year ago already needs an HP refresh at the very least.

Skills do have a higher base value for every new hero, which while keeping stable income for the game also has a side effect - any investment made on over a year old heroes starts to be a bit useless.
Every 6 months there is a “new problem” made (a rather OP hero that is never nerfed) only to be indirectly nerfed by another “new problem” (basically the hard counter to that problematic hero, while there is a time to figure out another counter for this hard counter).

There were several raise of Hardy/Disable/Fatigue heroes in rotation 1. And then several Freeze/Anti-Freeze heroes in rotation 2.

I sincerely wonder. On February next year we will get another Freezer that will counter Fred? Like every time the Freeze is cleansed the character freezes again? Or just another new debuff that makes Freeze viable again?

All of those are just legitimate question going on in my mind.

2 Likes

Examples of a repeated waves are many, but this one in particular I like:

Evil Queen - an anti-speed character released last year in summer
Vinny - a new anti-speed character released just days ago

The span is roughly similar, but Vinny just got much higher stats than EQ and overall EQ does very little to enemies by this time. Therefore EQ feels like a deadweight character and whoever invested in EQ might feel like not throwing stuff again at Vinny.

2 Likes

Thought to put the pictures of these borders together in the Avatar Borders Cosmetics page where they should be and at this point it’s been over two years so the name of the other two borders isn’t really much of a spoiler

At this point in time they should’ve already been in game and probably along side ROB for Invasion

The way they do their business is questionable. Power creep between new and old heroes are just too much. Why can’t they give them similar power and let us choose the ones we want to work on, instead making them stupidly OP and people have to use them???

And you know what’s worse? OP heroes change all the time. And much, much faster than it is used to be

I don’t chase OP heroes as I see them come and go all the time. It was Calhoun (Vi), Jack sparrow after his refresh, Merlin with his squirrel disaster, Bo Peep, Bunny, Jafar, the annoying lizard Randall, Mulan, Wasabi, Shego, Mr.Big and now Fred. And many will after them

I did use Bunny Ducky and Bo Peep and still use Mulan but the rest, I never touch the rest. Things change but not out resources, especially Stamina. It has always been the one problem everyone talk about in 3 years, yet barely anything changes. Are you guys that much ignorant, @Loutre?

Red skill cost is too much, stamina is too much, disc power needed is too much, exp bottle needed is too much, … Everything is too much yet there is nothing look forward to in Roadmap. Is this the way you guys keep your players? Wow, just … Wow

5 Likes

At the end of the day, they are a business and they sell a service.
As a player base, we can voice our concerns, but the company does not have to listen or change to accommodate us if they do not want to.

If you take for example a clothing store that markets themselves to sell clothes for everyone. But when you get there they only have clothes for children. You can voice your concern, but if the company doesn’t want to sell other clothes, just go buy clothes somewhere else.

Whether the company will continue to make money is unknown, because people might stop going there - even if they want clothes for kids, because it doesnt feel like a friendly environment to shop at.

It is just sad to see that good players are leaving after 2 years of playing, just because they’re bored with the content and because they can’t keep up the cost of playing. Hopefully things change, and very soon.

7 Likes

@Loutre Not to nag or anything and I hope it is fine, but yeah I wonder if you could let us know if you think we have to wait for the Roadmap approvals until the next Roadmap update comes around in two weeks, or might they be added before that if they get approved?

No worries if we have to wait until the next Roadmap update in 2 weeks, just thought I ask as it is it nice to know just in case for us players :-).

Most likely for the next roadmap as the person I need approvals from is out of office.

1 Like

Okey and thanks for letting us know Loutre :-).

Same as government. We do contribute financially to keep it (as we do with the game) but we cannot form it. :joy:

I am about to be away for some hours, but a little tip from me would be to try and be polite and formal as you are more likely to get good answers then :-). (Just well meant).

As for my own opinion I am waiting until next week’s Roadmap update before I draw a conclusion.

1 Like

Finally Roadmap update day today and hope we get to see some new additions, especially since the approval-er should be back in office :-).

So you know Loutre, the moral and passion is low-ish among players as these days there seem to be mostly a push towards new monetization options and UI improvements that technically aren’t needed right now.

What is needed right now are new content or fixing old content that aren’t related to pure monetization more so like the Wish Crates and likely Prize Walls as well given that one need special deals to clear objectives seemingly. Only focusing on new monetization options can lower players trust in terms of the company as in you at PerBlue want the players to have the best time as possible, since focus on mostly new monetization options make it feel like players are just seen money givers rather than individuals/players that want to actually have fun and feel valued in return.

Examples in terms of new content that players would like or fixing old content bringing being the Friendship Mission Stories and fixing the complains in terms of the frustrations the Friendship Refresh brought with it in terms of being able to attempt Friendship Missions, but likely not be able to actually clear Friendship Campaigns for the new characters when the enemy levels are as high as they are.
Beside that we have kind of been promised that the Friendship Mission Stories would come back and soon now in October there will be 1 year since the Friendship Refresh, and in November it will be 1 year since it was promised the Friendship Missions would come back, so yeah really wondering if the Friendship Mission Stories will come back before the 1 year anniversary for the removal or the promise of that they would come back. Something I would really like to know who loved the Friendship Mission Stories as an Explorer type of Player.

Guild Level 6. new Guild Contest Perks and new Consumable Perks are also really needed as right now most high leveled guilds have likely either finished all the main perks or just have uninteresting ones left.
Even just adding level to existing perks like the Double Team EXP Perks and Chapter Perks would still be something and would boost Player Satisfaction some even just those two things, even if of course Guild Level 6 would be something that hugely boost Player Satisfaction in comparison if Guild Level 6 comes with a lot of new and good long awaited new perks.

I know the Roadmap is for what is more so in-development right now, but I am just saying as we players right now are starting to run low on patience that new fun things are actually coming.
While I am a patience person I do unfortunately feel that as there haven’t been anything truly interesting added to the game for a long while my interest is decreasing some.

All this said, I understand if you all at PerBlue have limited resources and time, and espcially if maintaing 5 games at once, but yeah I hope at least we can see at least 2 if not 3 new things added to the Roadmap for us players to have new boosted confidence in Disney Heroes a game with a future that can engage us players as in making us players smile :-).

@Loutre Thank you for listening/reading Loutre if you do, and I hope this can be taken serious by the developer team as in that players being motivated to play is both in you at PerBlue’s interest and our players interest.

6 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney