Sequels confirmed for Frozen, Zootopia & Toy Story

@Samm, can anything be done about the spammer in this thread making new accounts every 30 minutes? If PerBlue has any way of IP banning someone from Discourse, I think now’s the time to use it.

5 Likes

Yeah like come on

1 Like

For Zootopia I think they can do a proper sequel given them time. It was well received the Zootopia+ stuff in Disney+ (if I’m well informed)

But yeah I think they try hard to make Toy Story the franchise equivalent of Shrek. And Frozen I simply don’t know, BUT we also have Cinderella 3 that is WAY BETTER that a direct to dvd movie should be.

3 Likes

Well Toy Story is the number one animation franchise but the animated franchise that had more than 4 movies is Ice Age

Exactly. This decision is sadly not coming from the studios themselves who would want to tell new stories, but from Iger. It was also the case for Toy Story 4 and Frozen II, which were already hard to develop for Pixar and Disney Animation. We can only hope that they can turn these forced sequels into something good, and I trust them enough for this.

That’s highly unlikely and totally counter-productive with what has been done before in my opinion. Elsa always felt deep inside that she never belonged to Arendelle, and in the end she finally found her place and is at peace in her mind. Bringing her back to the kingdom would be a regression for her character. Perhaps the story will focus more on Anna, or even Kristoff.

And same thing for Woody. Despite how hard it is to picture the Toy Story franchise without Woody, to me his character arc is complete and I hope the 5th will focus more on Buzz Lightyear (that was really underdeveloped in the 4th) and his relationship with Jessie.

1 Like

Yeah as long as the movies aren’t rushed to hit theatres I’m sure they can make something good out of them. Zootopia for certain has the room to build out more.

Is that so? I thought it was Jennifer Lee who made that decision.

This is not necessarily true, Elsa’s belief that she was not where she was meant to be came from Ahtohallan’s call, the forests imbalance and the Northuldra were the reason she left, not a geographical location.

Currently Arendelle and the Northuldra are still separated in distinct lands, to me a natural next step in the development would be unifying the two peoples to live together under one shared land and one joint rule between Elsa and Anna, we know they work better together.

The decision to become reclusive and suggest that Elsa did not belong in Arendelle because she is different was more of a regression imo.

TS4 does leave the characters a little less agency, due to their being toys lol, but really I did not like the conclusion of either movie and they have a chance to reunite these characters in one way or another, if the writers find a reason that these toys need to find each other, much like was done with Bo in the last instalment, then it sounds like a win to me.

2 Likes

For sure! a Zootopia sequel is the best idea out of all this. I can’t wait to have news about the release dates of all these projects.

I’ve read it somewhere on a forum but I’m not 100% sure.

That’s not really my interpretation, but I guess everyone can see things differently and that’s what is cool about it.
To me, we feel right from the beginning (when she is an adult) that she doesn’t belong, when she is on that balcony looking at the horizon at the end of her mother’s lullaby, she seems somewhere else and it was before the very first call of Ahtohallan.
And if the only reason was the conflict in the enchanted forest, she would have returned to Arendelle at the end of the film and that is not the case. We can see at the very last frame of the film how serene she has become. She has figured out her role and has accepted herself. She truly feels free, and her role is reflected through her final outfit: this white dress is so ethereal and god-like, just like her. She is like a spirit and does not belong in the kingdom. It was even considered that Elsa would leave her carnal envelope to become only an intangible spirit!

About unifying the two peoples to live together, I can tell that this idea was planned by the filmmakers because I have the Artbook from the film and I’ve seen concept art of this “mixed Arendelle”. But this idea was scrapped, and if I remember correctly it was mainly because it would dilute the Northuldran culture, which was based on the real indigenous Sami people (and maybe other reasons). So only the statue of young Agnarr & Iduna symbolizes the unification.

Even though it’s not my opinion I can totally understand haha, Let’s wait and see then :blush:

1 Like

Maybe, in their documentary it sounded more like it came as a byproduct of Olaf’s Frozen Adventure, they realized they wanted to jump back into that world and answer the burning question of where Elsa got her powers.

It is pretty interpretive I guess. I’m more of the mind that Elsa’s longing was in understanding who she is, more than anything else she was seeking answers. In all her songs the lyrics indicate that she never really wanted anything to change, but at the same time she needed to find the truth about who she is.

And of course, the way she was raised, she understands that she has a duty to her people because of the role she was given. That means a duty to the forest and a duty to the Northuldra.

The writers definitely did lean into the “now she’s free” at the end, but that’s kind of my problem with it. Elsa’s development was basically finding a way to free her from herself, it was never about being free from Arendelle or free from duty. That’s why I think it would be great to explore themes of unity and of course I am biased too because Elsa has always been queen in my mind, she belongs in Arendelle with her family :snowflake::slightly_smiling_face:

Maybe I’m wrong but I don’t think that was the reason, if I recall I thought the filmmakers considered Arendelle destruction a little too dark and heavy, and certainly a theme of “atoning for the sins of our ancestors” would be kind of politically controversial lol.

I think they wanted to explore that unity and I am all for it!

1 Like

I’m very excited for Zootopia 2 since I love the first movie. Also about Frozen 3 and Toy Story 5, I’m not sure.

I agree With you.

1 Like

Yeah like Toy Story 4 already made me cry in fact they just showed it on Disney Junior

I 100% agree, I’m worried they’re gonna ruin the characters more so than in TS 4. I never cared for Frozen, I thought the two films were ok. But Zootopia 2 I’m down for aswell.

1 Like

I hope a cute cat character appears in Zootopia 2

Which movie do y’all think will come first?
  • Zootopia 2
  • Frozen 3

0 voters

Which of these movies are y’all excited for?
  • Zootopia 2
  • Frozen 3
  • Toy Story 5

0 voters

Sorry guys I had to repost because there was something I forgot to do

Ah!!! That’s why I thought I saw the post before.

BoldFlickeringAmericanshorthair-size_restricted

1 Like

On second thought,

I think i may know exactly what’s coming in Toy Story 5.

Toy versions of the characters from Lightyear including Chris Evans’ Buzz and Josh Brolin’s Zurg.

1 Like

I just remembered that Finnck’s voice actor Tommy Lister Jr. died in 2020 and that was the year a lot of people died and mostly from covid

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney