Team Building 101 help

Hi friends i am kinda new to the game and in dire need of some team building advice. I am lost as to what characters to pair as well as roles and so on. My list of current characters:

Tanks:
Eeyore 1
Olaf 1
Gonzo 2
Mr. Incredible 2
Ralph 1
Maui 1
Chief Bogo 2
Felix 2

Damage:
Stitch 5
Emperor Zurg 2
Scar 3
Elsa 2
Mike Wazowski 3
Vanellope 2
Robin hood 1
Elastigirl 1
Dash 1
Scrooge McDuck 1
Barbossa 3

Support:
Rafiki 2
Mickey Mouse 2
Animal 1
Yax 1
Judy Hopps 1
Kristoff & Sven 1
Timon & Pumba 1

Control:
Maleficent 3
Donald Duck 2
Jafar 2
Genie 3
Frozone 1
Dr. Facilier 1
Flynn Rider 1
Huey, Dewey & Louie 1
Jasmine 1
Minnie Mouse 1
Powerline 1
Syndrome 1

I’d appreciate any and all tips tyvm!

Hi! i can help you out. However, it really does depend on what you are using the team for. what do you need team building help for

a great start is @Aurora_Veil and her guides

4 Likes

Every thing really anything you can tell me about is a big boon no matter the mode honestly :3

I guess campaign and arena is a good start, i’ll check Aurora out aswell ty :slight_smile:

Okay here are some tips:

Newest heroes are stronger than older heroes.

As soon as possible do away with your starter heroes and replace them with stronger heroes.

A good guide to follow for team building, is one support, one control, one tank, one damage, one frontline damage/tank.

Check Auroras GuideThe Veil of Aurora’s Guide Collection
This would be much beneficial

2 Likes

So typically you want to keep a focus on 15 heroes. Mainly for Colosseum and for different other modes like Trials and Invasion. Of the heroes you have I would reccomend the following:

Tanks: Eeyore, Gonzo, Olaf

Damage: Elsa, Barbossa, Stitch, Scrooge, Robin Hood, Elastigirl*.

Supports: Animal, Kristoff and Sven, Timon and Pumbaa.

Control: Dr. Facilier, Huey, Dewey and Louie, Powerline.

Other notable picks: Jafar, Mickey, Minnie, and Jasmine.

Honestly your selection of Damage Heroes is easily your weakest area. I would recommend trying to pick up any or all of the following: Peter Pan, Beast, Mulan, Randall. Obviously if they aren’t availible on your server you can easily make so with what you have.

As others have said @Aurora_Veil has made some fantastic guides so don’t just take my word. There are plenty others who are willing to help so feel free to ask.

Hope this helps!

*Elastigirl is only good once you have her Red skill unlocked so don’t worry about raising too high at the moment.

3 Likes

completely agree with this

Thanks for your reply! Out of the characters you listed then how would you pair 15 of them for teams of 3? I am grinding for Beast, Tia and Baymax rn i am not that far into the campaign so no Randall sadly. And No red skills either x) Honestly i am probably pretty early in the game, i was kinda hoping for Zurg to be some what decent since hes so cool. Also what about Maleficent? Server 21 btw :3

So for teams an obvious go to is a Freeze team. This will consist of 3 core characters: Olaf, Elsa and Kristoff and Sven. Honestly these 3 work so well together that it is a fairly low maintenance team and you place just about anyone in there and be fine. My picks from what you have would be Powerline and Jasmine. Powerline is a godsend for blind teams but you don’t have a lot of the key characters for that yet. Jasmine is nice here as like Kristoff who has Sven, Jasmine has Rajah. Which gives more control, damage and another target to take damage over your actual heroes. This will also buy time for Powerline’s delayed entrance.

Next up I think a team of the following would be nice: Gonzo, Animal, Stitch, Dr. Facilier and Mickey. Animal is an absolute speed machine and since Dr. Facilier and Stitch like basic attacks those two work great with him. Gonzo works differently than most tanks by cannon balling into the enemy team so he makes for a great distraction. The one downside to Animal is that he doesn’t actually do any healing for his team. Which is where Mickey comes into play. Not only will he be able to keep the team healthy he also provides a massive 50% damage boost that can not be looked down upon.

Team three is honestly going to be a bit of a hodgepodge which isn’t a bad thing if you have it composed of heroes that are solid on their own merit. This would be Eeyore, Minnie, Timon and Pumbaa, Robin Hood and Huey, Dewey & Louie. This team has a suprising ammount of knockback synergy with Pumbaa and Pluto knocking back enemies which helps them trigger the trio’s traps. Eeyore provides some nice energy draining and Robin Hood rounds it out with more knockbacks plus the fact that he recently got a refresh. While that doesn’t guarentee him being top tier he is certainly better than his previous iteration.

Of the three you are working on obviously Beast is the best especially because he doesn’t have a red skill to miss out on like the other two. As for Zurg, he is without a doubt one of if not the best damage hero when it comes to dps… the problem is that he is also one of the most fragile heroes in the game and is only good when you get his energy filled up. Straight out there are too many heroes who can disrupt him and take him out to ever be worth using on a team.

Maleficent on the other hand could very well have a use. While not as strong as other curse users like Dr. Facilier and Magica, she definitely holds her own. She isn’t the best but you can most certainly make her work. She has suprisingly strong damage with her white skill and decent basic attacks as well. Along with a team wide stun that can be augmented to drain energy with the Ursula disk you could most certainly do worse.

2 Likes

I currently use Maleficent and she is pretty good but you really have to build her up. If you can Evil Queen is going to be a better version of Maleficent so try to get her when you can

1 Like

You’re a godsend! Which of those teams would be my go to for normal arena then? Defence / attack, aswell as just progressing through campaign or the city watch? Also how important are stars really in this game?

I believe you will find the most consistency with the Freeze team in both PvP and PvE. It works as both offense and defense in Arena/Col as well. CW the biggest thing is making sure you get energy built up on multiple heroes early on so you can use them during the more difficult areas.
Lastly Stars are massive in this game. I would focus Stars before using them for Mods in Invasion as Stars are finite and Mods can and will get higher tiers as the game goes on. Each Star will be at least a 10% boost to power so definitely focus the heroes you are using if they are in shops and use some energy to farm elite campaigns every day if that is where they are located.

Which team should i be adding/replacing Beast to? Also Tia / Baymax worth farming? Or whom should i be focusing on? Theres also Belle from the login calendar. I dont suppose you are on s21 aswell your help and tips is very much appreciated :3

I would put Beast on Team 2 over Stitch. Tia was a game changer when she was introduced but now she is considered not great. Baymax is okay in the right set up but you have solid enough tanks to not need to prioritize them. Belle I’ve heard good things about but very rarely do I like raising sign in heroes because chips for them aren’t the easiest to get. Unfortunately I am not on S21. My main is S1 in which I am in Challenger Arena and Col and I think I am in the top 900 players last I checked? I do however have an alt on S22 but that is for a challenge run I am doing which I do not recommend lol.

I see so i am kinda wasting energy except for Beast. Who should i be farming instead then? I am grapping Powerline and Dr. Facilier from the CW shop, Timon & Pumbaa from the arena, Kristoff and Sven from Surge. What about the rest aswell as elite campaign? Does 1 star Beast outperform 5 star Stitch?

I am not certain as the Elite Campaign is different on S1 than on S21. As for 1* Beast vs 5* Stitch, contrary to what I said with the importance of Stars, Beast will be a better investment over Stitch for the most part. This is simply more to do with the overall kit of Beast being stronger than Stitch’s. While both focus on basic attacks and crits, Beast with his white skill has an attack speed buff and can’t be reduced under 1 HP. He also has far superior sustain and just overall better stats than Stitch.

Now just because Beast is better does not mean investing into Stitch is bad. In fact he is quite highly prized in both Heist and Invasion. Once Stitch gets his disk with Maui his slow from his Green Skill “Slobber” is far stronger and can essentially stun the bosses in Invasion. In Heist Stitch is good as well as he is one of the few heroes in the game who does all e types of damage; Normal (basic attacks), Fantastic (Slobber) and True (626 Scuffle, Blue Skill). Normal damage is basically physical, Fantastic is magical and True damage can not be reduced by any means. This is key in Heist as this means Stitch can solo any encounter as he has the means to deal with Brutes, the big blue guys with clubs, as they are immune to Normal damage.

2 Likes

For starters, you can trial and error many combos and see their performance. U can start by targeting certain heroes that have disables in friendship disks or in their skills. This will ensure that you can defeat the enemies faster or deal some good damage. Merida, for example, has a friendship disk with elastigirl that allows her 3rd arrow shot to freeze any enemy for a few seconds. Her skills not only deal damage, if she falls below 50% HP, she has a skill that allows her to deal more damage. And one of her skills can reduce armor, and she is one of the few heroes that can reduce armor.

3 Likes

Do Eve, Mushu or Mulan have any place on one of My teams?

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney