The Flamboyant Feline

Hello! Welcome to the first installment of my Madagascar series, featuring the one and only star of the Afro Circus, Alex The Lion!

Alex The Lion

78090754-C35B-4445-AD6F-CCC48CE20431

The charming frontman of the Afro Circus, Alex The Lion performs for his allies, supporting them and also distracting the enemies with his showstopping Trapeze skills

“Your days of chasing animals are over, because you just messed with the King!”

Alex is a :star: Red Midline Control Hero

Animations 

Entrance: Alex swings from a trapeze into the field
Victory: Alex spins around and dances
Defeat: Alex raises his shoulders and walks away

Basic: (See Passive)

Skills

White Skill: Trapeze Americano
IMG_20210217_122059
:fist: - Normal Damage

Passive: Alex starts the battle in the midline and he gains 20 energy every 2.0 seconds. When Alex uses Trapeze Americano, his position changes with whatever trick he does, in the frontline, he then claws at the nearest enemies, dealing X damage, and in the backline, he dances, healing himself Z HP.

Active: The player chooses which position Alex stays in after he does a trick on the trapeze bar.

Back: Alex latches onto the trapeze bar, and flips back with his feet into the backline, increasing all allies’ attack speed by 50% for 6 seconds.

Front: Alex grabs the trapeze bar, swinging forward into a frontflip in the frontline giving himself and all allies Energize for 6 seconds. The Energize gives all allies 50 energy when they use their basic attack.

Swing: Alex jumps on the trapeze bar and swings through the enemy field, dealing X damage and giving all allies Y Armor for 7 seconds. Alex then stays in his same position in the midline

Alex will stay in back, front or midline for the rest of the wave until Trapeze Americano is activated again. On auto, Alex uses front, mid or back in order.

Green Skill: Performing Lion
IMG_20210218_111414
:sparkles: - Fantastic Damage

Alex jumps on his rock and does his classic roar, dealing X damage to all enemies.

Front: Alex’s roar also Scares all enemies for 7 seconds and removes 1 buff from all enemies.

Mid: Alex’s roar also heals all allies for X HP and increases their Skill Power by 30% for 7 seconds.

Back: Alex’s roar also cleanses all debuffs from all allies and Stuns backline enemies for 5 seconds.

On auto, Alex uses front, mid and back in order.

Blue Skill: Centre Stage
IMG_20210218_120038
:fist: - Normal Damage

When a ally falls below 50% of their Max HP, Alex jumps to the front and claws at the closest enemy, dealing X damage and healing that ally for 30% of their Max HP.

If Alex is already in the front, he claws at the enemy without jumping and increases all allies’ Reality by 30% for 6 seconds.

Purple Skill: Natural Leader
IMG_20210218_161551
Enemies prefer to target Alex with their basic attacks and deal 30% less damage to all allies if any allies have a buff Alex granted them.

The lowered damage has a chance to fail on enemies above Level X.

Red Skill: King Of New York
IMG_20210218_163413
Alex and his allies are immune to Fatigue and Stun for the first 6 seconds of each wave.

When Alex uses Trapeze Americano, he is untargetable. Alex’s skills have +30% Skill Power against enemies under 50% of their Max HP and for allies above 60% of their Max HP.

The immunity has a chance to fail if the allies are above Level X.

Additional Stat Boosts:

• +X Max HP
  • +Y Armor
  • +Z Damage on Performing Lion

Friendships

Alex The Lion/Timon & Pumbaa
Campaign: “The Wild Side”
Allies: Pleakley, Scar, Swedish Chef

Disk Power:

• +Y Tenacity
  • +Z Max HP

Memories:

Alex’s basic now helps allies

• When Alex is in the midline, his basic also grants the lowest HP ally 20 energy and when he is in the backline, the lowest HP ally also gets healed for 20% of their Max HP (+5 energy and heal per star)

Alex The Lion/Kermit The Frog
Campaign: “Animal Performers”
Allies: Tron, Donald Duck, Jumba

Disk Power:

• +Y Reality for Red Team allies
  • +60 Armor Negation

Memories:

Study Countermeasures

When Alex’s allies are Studied, they gain +50% Armor for 5 seconds (+5% Armor per star)

Other Notes

• I was originally going to have a NBC character as a semi nod to Night At The Museum. For those that don’t know, Alex is voiced by Ben Stiller and Ben was the main character of NATM also. But I figured since many most likely don’t know those movies or Ben aside from Alex, I wouldn’t do it.

• I also wanted to do his kit purely based on the first two movies, since I thought the circus stuff would be hard to incorporate. But I found a way to, and that makes me very happy since 3 is my favorite of the trilogy.

10 Likes

Please Read Before Voting

How Would You Rate This Concept?
  • :star::star::star::star::star:
  • :star::star::star::star:
  • :star::star::star:
  • :star::star:
  • :star:

0 voters

And also, what Madagascar character do YOU want to see next?

• Marty
  • Gloria
  • Melman
  • King Julien

0 voters

Additional feedback is also appreciated. :+1:

Small update. Made the skill icons smaller to be in line with King Julien’s.

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney