The Telltale Series Chapters 21-24

This is it. The Telltale Series ends with these four chapters. If you are here for the first time and just realizing you are at the end, never fear! There is a link to the archives, with a summary of the story and links to the full chapters if you wanna read all them. Otherwise, get ready to follow the climax with Troy and his companions, and see how everything unfolds. I post one choice a day, most days, and I am looking to have this finished before January 7. I recommend you put this topic in watching so that you get a notification when I post the new choice.

4 Likes

Chapter 21: Simulated

Quaz: ?

Jasmine: ?

Arthur: ?

Will: ?

Silver: ?

Hiro: ?

Stats:

Experience (Level ?): [?/?]

Charisma: ???
Manners: ???
Agility: ???
Cunning: ???
Strength: ???
Weapon Knowledge: ???

Dueling: ???
Hand to Hand: ???
Heavy Weaponry: ???

Discovered Kingdom skills:

???: ???

The experience ends and Troy pulls the helmet off with a gasp before quickly relaxing. Quaz stands before him, an amused expression on his face.

Quaz: Quite the fun game, is it not? Ever since the tech kingdom opened their borders to trade, the chaos of the world has lessened considerably. And these simulation games are a work of genius!

Troy: It was nice to enjoy a momentary bliss before returning to the heaviness of the world today.

Quaz: I am sure it was, however, Jafar as summoned you to the palace.

Troy: That is not surprising. More than likely, he wants help finishing off the ghosts that now plague our lands.

Quaz: That is likely.

Troy: I am off!

Troy grabs an apple from a bowl and heads out the door. Quaz sighs before grabbing a broom and beginning to sweep the room. You gape around, unable to process what is now happening around you.

You: That was…me?

You look down, noting the floor a few feet below you. You are floating in midair, and emanate a light blue light. Quaz begins to whistle as you attempt to figure out what is going on. You remember the simulation your body was just talking about, perhaps a glitch in the system is responsible? In any case, what should your next move be?

• Follow your body.
  • Attempt to get Quaz’s attention.

0 voters

You: Quaz! Quaz! You need to help me! I have been–

You pause as you notice Quaz continuing to whistle as though nothing were going on. You concentrate on the area in front of Quaz and hover over to it. You glare at him, but Quaz sweeps on, minding his own business. You outstretch a ghostly hand and set it on his shoulder. Suddenly Quaz whips away, swinging the broom at you, which passes harmlessly through you. You touch his arm again, this time speaking as you do so.

You: Please, Quaz, help me!

Quaz stiffens but does not pull away.

Quaz: Master Troy?

You: Yes! I am trapped in this state, you must help me!

Quaz: But how? You were fine, I just spoke with you, and you were, I mean, are fine!

You: I do not know, Quaz, but you have to help me!

Quaz: If you are trapped as a spirit, then maybe whatever forces the ghosts in the desert to attack us is linked to you as well. Perhaps you can get answers there-- eh…

Quaz slowly leans forward, then becomes motionless. You dart outside and see people nearby doing the same. A bit further down the road, others become slowly stationary. You float into the air, where you can see a hubbub of activity centered around your body, yet outside of that bubble of controlled chaos, nothing moves. You soar higher into the air and note several other such bubbles. One is in the main palace, where you are no doubt heading. One is a market square, centered primarily around a fountain, and then there is yours. You should investigate some of these and look for answers for yourself, before you head for the desert and see if you can get answers there, but you notice the bubbles themselves moving about. Who knows how long each will last.

• Investigate Palace bubble
  • Investigate Fountain bubble
  • Investigate your bubble

0 voters

You float over to the bubble around your body and watch as you greet the people whom you recognize in the chaos of every day life. Your body doesn’t seem to realize that those behind him are freezing, though you certainly are out of sight of them from anywhere except up here. You float closer to the ground before getting in front of yourself. As you suspected, your body passes through you without missing a beat. Strange. You decide to follow yourself for a little while and see if you can pick up anything. Everyone seems to move independently, and there’s no patterns that you can detect. It’s like all the people around are only active when your body is, like they are trying to convince your body that Agrabah is as alive as it always was but don’t want to expend the energy to do so.

You: Simulation…

You mutter quietly. You expect the world to shatter now that you realize this, but everything remains the same. You won’t be learning anything more from yourself. Maybe this is a good time to investigate another bubble.

• Investigate the Fountain bubble
  • Investigate the Palace bubble
  • Visit the desert and try to find answers there.

0 voters

You soar ahead of your body, darting to the bubble that it is moving towards. You blip through a wall and on the other side see a semi-familiar face. Hiro’s older brother, Tadashi’s body stands impatiently awaiting someone. You gape at the sight of them, but don’t know what to make of it. Tadashi steps towards a window and as he does, you feel a swell of energy as the hubbub extends in anticipation of his line of sight. Whatever he sees outside seems to have made him more nervous, because he turns away from the window and calls for a guard.

Tadashi: Guard!

A guard runs up according to his summons, but you recognize this one as Aladdin, whom you spent only a brief time with so long ago.

Aladdin: Yes, Ambassador?

Tadashi: How much longer is Troy expected to take? If he is not here soon I will go out and search for him myself!

Aladdin: He will be here shortly, I’m sure, ambassador.

Tadashi: He’d better be. Only he can take advantage of the information I have on destroying these spirits.

Aladdin: And that is something all of us, even him, desperately want, ambassador.

Tadashi nods, as if calmed by this before turning back to the middle of the room and waving Aladdin away. As Aladdin leaves the room, you venture closer to Tadashi. For some reason, the idea of connecting to him as you did to Quaz earlier occurs to you. Tadashi does not react when you touch him, so you begin asking questions.

You: Tadashi, what is going on here?

Tadashi makes no response for a moment so long you began to wonder if he even heard you. Right before you repeat yourself, he turns to face you as he answers.

Tadashi: Phantom Mind detected, preparing to exterminate.

You: Uh…what?

You release Tadashi, swiftly returning to the invisibility you have had since first arriving, but Tadashi follows you with eyes portraying an icy coldness, not even human. He raises an arm, and a pulse of blue light emanates from his finger tips. He fires this directly at you, but someone crashes into you, knocking you out of the orb’s path. The orb dissipates upon reaching where you had been standing, but Tadashi continues to stare at you with his soulless eyes, charging another orb to fire your way.

You turn to your rescuer, but they pull you by the wrist through walls and corridors in such a blur of solids and openess that the only thing you can tell is that they are like you, a ghost, a mind separate from their body, a… what did Tadashi call it? A Phantom Mind.

Your rescuer does not stop until he has taken you just outside of Agrabah. Finally he releases his clamping grip on your wrist and turns to face you. It’s… Tadashi! A phantom version of Tadashi.

Tadashi: Are you alright?

Though he asked the question with sincerity you wince at the strange echo in his voice. It unnerves you.

You: Yes, I’m…alright I think.

Tadashi: Yah? You look a bit tramatized. What’s got you the most worked up about this place?

• The fact that I was saved by someone who has tried to kill me in two other bodies.
  • The fact that I can watch myself walk around without being seen.
  • Just…everything…
  • Nothing has me worked up, I’m doing fine.

0 voters

You: Pretty muchh everything.

Tadashi: Understandable. This is a lot to take in.

You: So we’ve been simulated… we need to get out of here.

Tadashi: You’re joking, right? It’s not possible to leave.

You: Why not? I’ve broken out of every other simulation I have been put in.

Tadashi: None of them have been like this. The programming seperates your mind from your body and programs a new mind to take over your body.

You: But this is a simulation, my body in here is not real.

Tadashi rubs the back of his neck with a frown on his face.

Tadashi: I mean, you kind of are? Basically, the simulation controls the body. Your body in here is just a… side effect of the programming, I guess? Your mind required an anchor, so a body was created here as your anchor, but you’ve been separated from it to prevent interactions with the simulation. If your body wasn’t kept operating by the simulation, it’d be easy for you to reenter it and possibly break out of the simulation.

You: So all I have to do is reenter my…simulation body and then I can escape, right? That sounds pretty straightfoward.

Tadashi: You saw how my body reacted to your presence, right? That energy orb would have severed the anchor of your body, and you would be stuck adrift within the simulation for good. That’s already happened to countless people, myself and Fred included.

You: So I’ll dodge them and–

Tadashi: Except for one thing, your body has a program running to make it emanate that energy as an aura. It’ll sever the link the moment you try to enter it.

You: But I already tried to make myself see me once, and nothing happened.

Tadashi’s face fell, now lookin sympathetic.

Tadashi: In that case, I am sorry. You have already been severed from your body. There is no chance of escape now… You are more than welcome to join us in the desert. We are kind of making our home their, or at least what we can.

You: There has to be another way out of here!

Tadashi: Now that our anchors are severed, as long as we stay alive, we would be free if the simulation were to shut down. That is… the only way this will work.

You float there, considering his words for a long moment, until you finally sigh. Tadashi seems a little antsy as you mull it over until you slowly nod your head, at which point, he surges out into the desert. You follow him swiftly, and the wind picks up, blowing particles of sand through you. You sigh into the sand, almost missing the unpleasant way it used to blow into your mouth. A life of this hardly feels like living…

hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

You stop movin as you stiffen. Tadashi whirls around as you stop, raisin an eyebrow as if asking what is wrong without saying it.

You: Did you hear that humming sound?

Tadashi: No? It was probably just the wind.

You: No, its… that was… the sound of my room, but it does not belong in here?

Tadashi: What are you going on about.

You: This is a simulation…

Tadashi looks at you incredulously as if you are among the stupidest in the planet.

Tadashi: Yes. Yes, it is Troy. I thought we went over this? Your mind has been severed by…

You tune him out as you think about it. The best way to keep someone in a simulation is to make them believe it is something for them to escape… Which means…

What is wrong with this situation?

• Tadashi does not act like this.
  • The events that have occurred here have not been consistent.
  • Tadashi should not have expected me to know who Fred is.
  • That humming sound…

0 voters

The more you think about it, the more you realize that nothing is right. Why did Tadashi’s body try to kill you if you had already been severed from your body? And if your mind is severed from your body already, then what is the point of having your body around? However, you know how to get out of these simulations, you’ve done it before. You just have to prove to the simulation that you know it’s fake.

You: Tadashi, who is Fred?

Tadashi: That’s my body you fought in the corridor, obviously…

You: How do you know about that, hmmm?

Tadashi gapes at you, mouth opened as if he doesn’t know what to say, and in that moment, you feel the simulation crack.

You: You have to do better than that!

The simulation shatters and you gape back to reality, in an unfamiliar corridor, with a group of very familiar friends in front of you, weapons raised hesitantly.

Quaz :sunglasses: : Alright, I’ll kill him, and then we can just… move on…

Quaz surges towards you, but you drop your swords which you realize were being gripped tightly in your firsts and raise your hands above your head.

You: Wait wait!

Quaz pauses, tears welling up in his eyes. He gapes at you.

Quaz :sunglasses: : Master Troy?

You: That’s me, Quaz!

Edna Mode: Impossible! You broke free from the simulation? I thought you would be gone for good.

Jasmine :sunglasses: : Troy!

She darts to you and hugs you tightly for only a moment before letting you go, and slowly pulling you down the corridor.

Will :grin: : We really should be going now!

Arthur :grin: : We’re not that far ahead of these simulation nodes.

Edna nods approvingly

Edna: You finally pronounced it right, now, we run! This corridor leads us to the main elevators. One fortunate thing about this mess is that to power the simulation, the robots have been shut down.

You do a head count, checking for everyone, but you notice that Esmeralda and Silver are missing.

You: Where’s Silver and Esmeralda?

Edna: Hiro’s still in the simulation, I had no choice but to leave both of you to your fate and get away from the nodes myself, though I did take something from your outstretched hand.

She tangles the chip on it’s necklace, the final piece to the relics you require.

You: That’s it then, we can go to the genie and release him, make the wish and fix all this… but… Esmeralda…

Quaz :sunglasses: : We’ve already talked about that, Master Troy. We can help her most by making the wish.

Edna Mode: Come on, dahlings, once everyone within here has been simulated, the Tech Kingdom will follow. It won’t take long after that for the program to begin simulating the other kingdoms. If we don’t move it, there won’t be a genie to make wishes on at all.

Unlocked Edna Mode as a companion!

(This means Edna Mode could die if her favor isn’t high enough, please endeavor not to get her killed.)

The lot of you surge through the corridor. You hear screams behind you lapse into silence as those not fast enough to get away join a simulation of their own. The lot of you cram into an elevator and wait uneasily for it to travel to the roof, where a helicopter is awaiting, already prepped for takeoff. The pilot evidently was not waitin for you all, but Edna bonks him on the head, and tosses him out of the vehicle before he has a chance to do anything, the rest of you pile in, and the chopper heaves off the ground. Just below you, like a massive tentacle, you see a simulation node burst from the roof and surge straight towards you.

• Transform into your beast and tear it to shreds. (Requires Polymorphing)
  • Warn Edna
  • Steer away from it yourself.

0 voters

You: Edna! Watch out!

Edna veers hard to the right, just barely twisting away from the node. She offers you a wide smile.

Edna :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : Nice call, dahling

+5 Edna Favor
+200 Experience
Experience: [5600/8000]

You offer her a momentary grin, but it soon wipes off your face as you take in the happenings in the dawn below you. People traverse the streets of the tech kingdom, a eerily order to them all. Left, right, one foot in front of the other, down the line. You catch a flash of bright yellow among them, and realize it is Go Go, as mindless as the rest. Nodes are branching from various buildings, and the road itself, but they seem idle. As you soar over the city, you see a throng of people, gathering weapons and lining up by a gate, which has yet to open.

Beyond this, stretches a desert, so much smaller from here, separating Agrabah from the other kingdoms. You see tents pitched on the other side of the desert, bordering the forest from the Animal Kingdom. You also see more fancy tents pitched on the side of the desert bordering the Magic Kingdom. Within the desert, you can see the giant stone statue moving, and your worries dull at the aspect of stopping this once and for all.

The giant stone statue slowly submerges in the sand, just as it did when your journey began, and Edna lands the chopper, before you all head towards it, your golden scarab opening the way. The previous obstacles you and Quaz encountered are gone, and a straight and surefire path swiftly lead you to the genie who gawks at you when you return.

Genie: You have returned, Troy? I have been waiting!

You: We’ve got all five artifacts now, it’s time to–

Genie: All five? But there’s six!

Jasmine facepalms

Jasmine :sunglasses: : We forgot to get the reality kingdom’s artifact…

Genie: That means going into Agrabah as it prepares for war, and taking the snake scepter from Jafar’s hand.

Jasmine :sunglasses: Hmmm, well we’re overdo for some payback anyways, right, Troy?

Quaz :sunglasses: : Wait, what do you mean Agrabah is preparing for war!?

Chapter Complete

Quaz: [90/100] :sunglasses:

Jasmine: [100/100] :sunglasses:

Arthur: [75/100] :grin:

Will: [80/100] :grin:

Edna: [55/100] :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

Chapter 22: Full Circle

Quaz: [90/100] :sunglasses:

Jasmine: [100/100] :sunglasses:

Arthur: [75/100] :grin:

Will: [80/100] :grin:

Edna: [55/100] :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Stats:

Experience (Level 5): [5600/8000]

Charisma: Unlocked
Manners: Unlocked
Agility: Locked
Cunning: Unlocked
Strength: Unlocked
Weapon Knowledge: Unlocked

Dueling: Unlocked
Hand to Hand: Unlocked
Heavy Weaponry: Unlocked

Discovered Kingdom skills:

Wizardry: Unlocked
Spiritual Assistance: Unlocked
Polymorphing: Locked
Technical Know-how: Unlocked
???: Locked

Genie: Well, see, what happened is that Lady Tremaine is mad at you and wants Agrabah, so she assembled an army to take it.

Jasmine :sunglasses: : I thought that would maybe be the one thing that would not come back to bite us…

Jasmine groans as the Genie continues talking.

Genie: Then King Adam, having now united all of the Animal Kingdom finally lost his sanity and is sending troops out to conquer everything that moves.

Will :grin: : Yikes, that is a real problem…

Genie: And then of course the Tech Kingdom is now off to simulate the world. They are already at war with the Animal Kingdom, which, ironically enough, they cannot simulate because the beasts are not even in control of their own heads. Still, I think we will see them clashing in Agrabah before long as well.

Edna :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : This is worse than I thought!

Genie: And finally, the Water Kingdom is, as a positive, united against their outer threats, but it is still chaos.

Arthur :grin: I hope Queen Elsa will be okay…

Genie: So yes, I hope you can acquire this artifact quickly so that you can fix this mess. When I sent you to get the artifacts, I knew you would do whatever it took, but I did not realize you would single-handedly throw everything into war in the process.

You wince at the reprieve, this is not what you wanted to happen, and it hurts you to know you left such a painful wake.

Your Moral Compass is crushing your own morale, and your confidence.

Quaz :sunglasses: : Well, now that we are in the midst of all this turmoil, we may as well all finish this. To Agrabah?

Genie: There is a way to control this creature, you know? I cannot do it myself, but any being with the combined might of all the other kingdoms can bend it to their will.

You: I do not have all the might of the other kingdoms…

Genie: Oh, well in that case…

Edna :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : Back to the copter we go!

You did not unlock the stone sentinel for the final battle. It will be harder and longer and you will not discover an interesting piece of lore.

The genie waves as you leave the cave again. Your group sullenly boards the copter and Edna takes off, surging towards Agrabah. You each are silent, as the weight of everything behind you, crushes the morale you require to push through the weights to come. You need to cheer everyone up, but what can you say to accomplish this?

• Tell a joke. (Requires Cunning)
  • Rally them. (Requires Charisma)
  • Mention how close you are to the end.
  • Stay silent.

0 voters

You: We have been in hardships left and right to get where we are now.

Will :grin: : I mean, you are not wrong… We have been opposed at every turn.

Jasmine :sunglasses: : I am getting tired of persisting…

Arthur :grin: : Every action we take just seems to be making things worse than they were before…

Quaz :sunglasses: : Our road has been long, and though the end now feels within sight, I fear it could stretch onward for eternity.

You: But, we have also always prevailed. We have outsmarted every foe put in our paths, we have made mistakes, but we also have ultimately pulled through, and it is not because I am a great leader, it is not because you are all great fighters. It isn’t because Edna has more class than the entire Tech Kingdom, it is because we have each other, and as long as we continue to have each others backs, we can and will make it through the rest of this as well. What else is left? Enter a city and crush a monarch? We have already done that twice before. If we are being asked to do it one last time, then I say we can achieve it easier than surviving a horde of beast men, an army of simulated and simulations, or an angry crew of skeletal pirates, which we have survived already anyway!

You take a deep breath, and stick your hand out amidst your companions.

You: Lets go together one last time, and finish this as strongly as we have been going in the past. Are you with me!

For a breathtaking moment, you are met with a relative silence, and then Quaz puts his hand atop yours, eyes brimming with tears.

Quaz :sunglasses: : Well said, Master Troy! I am with you till the end.

Jasmine :sunglasses: : Revenge was in my plans anyways, I’d love nothing more than to beat Jafar surrounded by you all.

Jasmine smacks her hand atop Quaz’s

Will :grin: : If this is what it takes to be reunited with Elizabeth, then I will go forward in strength!

Will slaps his hand down onto the growing pile.

Arthur :grin: : This is to the name of friendship!

Arthur slams his hand down too, a broad grin across his face.

Edna :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : Lovely speech, dahling. If I had a third hand I would add it to the pile of mushy feelings, but fortunately, I only have two, and need both to keep this bird in the air!

+ 5 Jasmine, Will, Arthur, Quaz, and Edna favor

Arthur :grin: Wait, what do you mean bird? I didn’t know this was a bird!

Quaz :sunglasses: : Oh, a bird? huh. Doesn’t sound like any bird I’m familiar with…

Jasmine :sunglasses: : This isn’t a bird!

Will :grin: : Of course it isn’t! If it were, that would make a boat like… a shark or something…

Jasmine :sunglasses: : Sharks live underwater, Silver’s sub would be closer to a shark… A ship is more of a… whale?

Will :grin: : No, whales spend most of their time underwater, the sub is like a whale, and a ship is more like an island…

Edna :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : A very small portable island… yes. This is an acceptable definition of ship to me.

Arthur :grin: : But then why say land ho if you are already on land?

Will :grin: : Nobody says land ho when on land… The point of land ho is that you saw land while on a ship.

Arthur :grin: : But you said a ship was like moving land–

Will :grin: : Actually, on shore you can say ship ho if you see a ship.

Quaz :sunglasses: : So what do you say if you see a ship while on another ship then?

Will :grin: : Uh… Sail ho.

Jasmine :sunglasses: : Exactly how is that different from ship ho?

Edna :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : We are approaching! Brace for impact!

Will :grin: : Impact!?

Edna :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : Yes. This bird is going down.

Edna lands the chopper as cannons shoot at it, bending one propeller. You all swiftly dismount and head for the wall. The gate is up.

Jasmine :sunglasses: : How do we get in?

• Talk your way in. (Requires Charisma, Manners, and Technical Know-how)
  • Break through the gate. (Requires Polymorphing, Strength, and Cunning)
  • Climb over the wall. (Requires Agility, Spiritual Assistance, and Weapon Knowledge)
  • Fight your way in. (Requires Wizardry, Dueling, and Heavy weaponry)

0 voters

You: We ask to be let in.

Jasmine :sunglasses: : Um… Troy… Are you dying from heat stroke?

You: No, not yet.

You take a few steps towards the guards and offer a nervous frown.

You: Soldiers! Why did you shoot down the transportation of refugees from the Tech Kingdom?

The seven soldiers spread out above the gate exchange glances with each other, as if hoping one of them will have the answers. Eventually, one man steps forward, no doubt the captain giving out orders here.

Captain: Refugees? I had heard that all of the Tech Kingdom had been brainwashed.

You: If I were simulated

You hiss these words out rather haughtily, offering what you believe to be the stereotypical view of Tech Kingdom members from the outside world. Which is, arrogantly superior in what is known to them, and condescending to those who do not know as much as themself.

You: – I would not be here as I am, requesting asylum from your quaint little town.

Captain: Uh… we have not met any of the simulated yet, how are we supposed to know what they are like.

You: Fortunately for you, we have. We were among the resistance fighting off the government until they activated the program. We fled when it became obvious the fight would be lost.

Captain: Well… if… if you share your technology with us, I am sure allowing admittance to some refugees would be a good idea.

You: All of our knowledge will be at our disposal, of couse!

Captain: You may enter! We shall arrange to have you sent straight to the palace!

You: You are, truly too kind.

Captain: Step through quickly!

The guards lower the gate, and Jasmine stares at you, open mouthed.

Jasmine :sunglasses: : Unbelievably well handled, Troy…

Edna :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : It was most impressive to watch your charisma at work, Troy!

+800 Experience

Experience: 6400/8000

+10 Edna Favor

You conceal your smile as you all enter the city, even though it should feel as though you are returning home, you find yourself unprepared for the chaos on the other side. Soldiers bustle through the streets, dressed in a variety of armors and cloths, and armed with a variety of weapons. Women and children work around the soldiers, the laughter of children playing and the whispers of the women as they gossip is gone. All that remains is an almost palatable somber air as everyone attends to their duties, no doubt with the full knowledge that they must fend off three other kingdoms with no allies except themselves.

Jasmine :sunglasses: : It used to feel so much more…

Quaz :sunglasses: : Alive?

You: Energetic…maybe… happy?

A tear rolls down her cheek. She does not respond.

Captain: We will escort you to the palace now. Perhaps you can assist the leaders as they plan.

Will :grin: : Leaders? But I thought–ow!

Edna kicks Will in the shin while looking at her nails with disinterest.

Captain: You thought what?

• Play Will off as an idiot.
  • Change the subject.
  • Charge the palace.

0 voters

You: Captain, is there anything that can be done for these people?

The captain turns his attention to you.

+5 Will Favor

Will will now follow you to the ends of the earth.

Captain: No, I am afraid not. Everyone has a purpose, this is a fight to the death for all of us… unless you refugees have a means to stop the invasions, hence why you are heading for the palace.

The captain nudges you towards the palace, and you suddenly become acutely aware of the crossbow bolt aimed at your head.

You: I thought we were…

Captain: You promised to assist us against the enemies. There is only one place you can do that from. Now move.

You move onward, following the road you have walked countless times in your life, but it feels strange this time around, like walking it for the first time. The people you recognize gape after you silently. Those who do not, mill about their business after offering you a cursory glance. You quickly make your way to the palace, but as you reach the courtyard, a figure storms out of the castle doors. It is Aladdin!

Aladdin takes one look at you, Jasmine by your side, then turns to the oblivious guards who brought you here. The first second passes in a lull of his gaping mouth, and your speechlessness… And then…

Aladdin: Fire those crossbows, now!

Captain: But these are refugee-- Argh!

Jasmine whips around, slashing a dagger across his arm and forcing him to drop his crossbow. Arthur draws Excalibur, swiftly cutting a crossbow in half. Will lifts his blaster and fires too short bursts at two other guards while Edna slams a crossbow bolt out of the air as a guard fires it at her. Aladdin draws a scimitar from its sheath and slices towards you, yelling for guards as his blade whirls toward.

• Slice his sword in half. (Requires Dueling)
  • Dodge behind him and knock him out. (Requires Agility)
  • Throw him over your shoulder. (Requires Strength)

0 voters

You draw your swords, as he swings at you, you parry his attack, and then with ease, your second blade bites into Aladdin’s scimitar, and you soon cut through it like butter. Aladdin gapes at you as your sword now rests against his forehead, his cries for assistance grow silent in his throat at the threat of your blade.

+200 Experience

Experience: [6600/8000]

Aladdin: Eh… You’ve… improved… dramatically…

You: You picked the wrong side of this war.

Aladdin: It seems so… do you… have room for another to join your side?

You: Depends on if you can get us into the meeting room now that you have butchered our easier route.

Aladdin: Well…

Aladdin hesitates for a long moment before finally dodging around and slamming into you from behind. Unfortunately for him, he is not fast enough and you spin around, blades up, before he rams into one of them, impaling himself with a surprised gasp.

Aladdin: I refuse to help you. I will not be humiliated by changing sides to one as weak as you! The best I can offer is a guilty conscience as you contemplate my death, my blood on your hands!

Aladdin would not make your trip easier because he did not fear you. This is because of your good moral track record.

You pull your sword out of him in shock, and back away as he crumbles to the ground. Tears well in your eyes as you back away, forcing yourself to hang on to your weapons.

Jasmine: Troy, snap out of it! We have got to get moving!

You force yourself out of your daze in time to parry an incoming sword. You slash across the guards armor, leaving him groaning. You try the door Aladdin exited from, but you can feel the locks on the other side. The door will not budge… well, not easily.

• Check your spellbook (Requires Wizardry)
  • Tear the door down (Requires Polymorphing)
  • Find Another way in.

0 voters

You flip through your spell book, dodging a stray crossbow bolt as you glance over it. The book falls open to the perfect spell, a concentrated explosion to knock the door of its hinges.

You: Koncentrēts sprādziens!

You place your hands on the door and trace symbols that leave a faint glow. As you finish the runes, the door quakes, and then goes flying and slamming into the wall. You call to your buddies, and everyone storms in, before you all surge into the hallway.

+400 Experience

Experience: [7000/8000]

Jasmine :sunglasses: : Good work Troy, now let’s move!

Edna :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: : Our objective is within grasp!

Will :sunglasses: : The end is near! My excitement can barely be contained!

Arthur :grin: : I hope we can solve all our problems with this simple wish…

Quaz :sunglasses: : Once we finish, I need a break.

You all continue down the corridor, battling guards as you go. Finally your burst into the throne room, where you see a haggard Jafar pouring over blue prints with a group of other individuals. Upon seeing you, everyone immediately goes for their weapons. Your companions split off, taking on the leaders individually. Jasmine charges for Jafar, but you have your pick of the other leaders.

A woman cackles maniacally, to her side is a broad chested man carrying a massive sledgehammer. The woman pulls a vial from a bag. Frollo is also, there, a menacing curved dagger gripped tightly in his hand. You see a man with a strange hat and suit staring at you. The man holds a charm in one hand, and a deck of cards in the other. The final person is a woman in a massive fur coat. She holds a cigarette in one hand, and lazily swishes a hand crossbow in the other, looking remarkably bored for someone who has just been ambushed.

It would be prudent to pick someone whom others in your party might have an especially difficult time defeating. Who will you go up against?

• Frollo
  • Woman with vials
  • Man with sledgehammer
  • Man with cards
  • Woman with crossbow

0 voters

You surge towards the man with the strange hat, who offers a disturbingly wide grin before dashing the charm into the ground, causing him to disappear in a puff of smoke. You lift up your two swords, and position them so that you can attack him from any side. You jab out at a shadow, but the man just laughs hysterically before blowing a puff of pink powder on you. The room and scene fades, and is replaced by a world of shadow. Your swords are gone from your hands, leaving you with only clenched fists. The man appears before you, slinging a arm around your shoulders in mock kinship.

Hat Guy: You’re in the world of Faciliar–my world-- now. A place where your regrets can be amended, your memories reality, and those whom have died, can be returned.

You send a punch flying, but he vanishes into thin air before appearing again in front of you.

Faciliar: Here’s the deal. I can give you anything you ask for. Zing! Its yours.

You: I want you knocked out in front of me.

Facilier scoffs, then waves a hand around in the smoke, causing a makeshift version of his body to splay out before you.

Facilier: Pft. You aren’t thinking big enough. What’s my body, when there’s so many better offers.

Facilier blows at you, and you hear voices come from around the room.

Dad?: Troy? Son, help us!

Mom?: Troy, I love you, my little duck!

You grimace despite yourself, half drawn at the prospect of being reunited with your parents.

Facilier: You can be reunited with them, or…

The voices are cut short by screams of pure and utter agony.

Facilier: I can torment them. You want to be reunited, it’s done. And the best part is, all I want is one wish of the three. I will take Jafar’s staff myself…

Facilier hisses this in your ear, and you force yourself to stop and think as your parents alternate from sounding tormented to begging you for help.

To be honest, you cant afford to trust Facilier. You can feel deception reeking from him like a plague. More than likely he cannot deliver on his promise, and even if he could, what exactly are you losing in exchange?

• Break down why his deal is bogus. (Requires Cunning)
  • Dispel his illusions…or whatever this is. (Requires Wizardry)
  • Accept the deal.
  • Refuse the deal.

0 voters

You raise your hands, and close your eyes tight. You reopen them, forcing yourself to see the magic woven in everything around yourself. Your fingers trace runes as you see them in the air, then you reverse them, negating his field. The runes buffer for a moment, as if not wishing to dispel, but after one more push on your part, they give way. Whatever else this Facilier is, he is clearly not expecting anyone to play with his magic.

You open your eyes, and his spell shatters, the tormented voices cutting off mid scream, and Facilier gapes at you in shock as he recoils.

Facilier: What!? But–how!?

+400 Experience

Experience: [7400/8000]

You: Welcome back to my world!

You charge towards Facilier taking advantage of his momentary hesitation to slash across his chest. Facilier dodges back at the last second, earning himself a slight cut rather than something more fatal.

Facilier: Who are you!?

You: I’m looking for a bright future, one with a happy ending. I’ve had to pummel my way across five kingdoms to get a shot, and now I have it.

You slash with your swords, now easily driving Facilier back. Whatever magic is or was at his disposal, he is not using it anymore.

You: I’ve got one last main obstacle in my way, and it sure as heck isn’t you. You wanted to cut a deal with me? Deal with this!

Your slashes have driven Facilier to the wall. You bring your swords across from either side and slash across him. Facilier drops to his knees, mouth still agape in shock.

You took Facilier down without a care in the world!

+600 Experience

Level Up!

Agility unlocked!

All experience skills unlocked!

+10 Jasmine, Quaz, Arthur, Will, and Edna favor

Edna is now loyal

Arthur will now follow you to the ends of the earth.

You turn throughout the room to survey your companions and offer assistance to those who need it…but…

Jasmine has defeated Jafar! Jasmine has past her Favor test!

Jafar leans against the throne, his back to the wall, and his staff on the floor. Jasmine towers over him, a dagger pressed against his throat.

Quaz has defeated Kronk! Quaz has past his Favor test!

Quaz lands a final punch against Kronk’s forehead, and Kronk goes flying into the wall, knocked out.

Arthur has defeated Frollo! Arthur has past his Favor test!

Frollo is scurrying out of the room as Arthur stares defiantly after him, holding Excalibur in one hand, and Frollo’s kriss in the other.

Will has defeated Cruella! Will has past his Favor test!

Will holds Cruella’s fur coat in his hand, the laser gun pressed against it threateningly as Cruella kneels on the ground and seems to be begging Will not to shoot the coat.

Edna has defeated Yzma! Edna has past her Favor test!

Edna stands over a dazed Yzma and slowly pours a potion over the other woman. As you watch, Yzma transforms into a rabbit in a puff of smoke. Edna scoops up the rabbit and tosses it out a window without a care in the world.

You: Wow, you guys have it covered.

Will :sunglasses: : It’s not like these buffoons were difficult.

Arthur :sunglasses: : I can’t believe I was worried about dying here.

Jasmine :sunglasses: : Troy, Jafar wants to say hello.

You gather yourself and step over Facilier’s prone form as you make your way to Jafar. A quick check reveals that the serpent staff is indeed the last required artifact.

Jafar: Bah! Take the staff! When you regret ever making your wish, do not come back here and expect my help you little insect!

Jasmine knocks him out unceremoniously before standing up and grabbing the serpent staff.

Jasmine :sunglasses: : Only one thing left to do. The hard part is over, now we unbind this genie.

You survey the room for a long moment, happy you all survived this mess of an adventure. Then you offer Jasmine a tentative smile before you expression becomes more serious.

You: Let’s go get our happy ending.

Chapter Complete

Quaz: :sunglasses: :heavy_check_mark:

Jasmine: :sunglasses: :heavy_check_mark:

Arthur: :sunglasses: :heavy_check_mark:

Will: :sunglasses: :heavy_check_mark:

Edna: :grin: :heavy_check_mark:

3 Likes

Chapter 23: Fate

Quaz: :sunglasses: :heavy_check_mark:

Jasmine: :sunglasses: :heavy_check_mark:

Arthur: :sunglasses: :heavy_check_mark:

Will: :sunglasses: :heavy_check_mark:

Edna: :grin: :heavy_check_mark:

Stats:

Experience (Maxed)

Charisma: Unlocked
Manners: Unlocked
Agility: Unlocked
Cunning: Unlocked
Strength: Unlocked
Weapon Knowledge: Unlocked

Dueling: Unlocked
Hand to Hand: Unlocked
Heavy Weaponry: Unlocked

Wizardry: Unlocked
Spiritual Assistance: Unlocked
Polymorphing: Locked
Technical Know-how: Unlocked
???: Locked

You get out of Agrabah as fast as you can, holding Jafar hostage as you go, which forces everyone after you to back off. At the gates, you drop his prone form and book it out, and that’s when you realize you have no way back to the Cave of Wonders. Just as you ponder this new problem, the sand quakes free and the cave mouth opens to you, unbidden. The city behind you is rallying for retaliation, and questioning your only potential escape route now is not a great course of action. You exchange weary glances with your companions and enter the cavern. The mouth closes behind you and reenters the sand, as if swallowing you into the desert where you can be forgotten forever…but within…

You: Esmeralda!?

Quaz :sunglasses: : You’re alive!

Jasmine :sunglasses: : I’m happy, but… how?

Esmeralda ignores Jasmine and offers a mysterious smile.

Esmeralda: It is time to end this, once and for all.

Your smile fades at the coldness in her voice. It startles you… she isn’t simulated, she’s just… pulled off her mask…

Esmeralda walks down the long ramp, and your group hesitantly follows. When you reach the bottom, the Genie moans against his chains, his head laid pitifully upon the pedestal. Esmeralda climbs up to him and carrasses his chin gently, like a mother taking care of her sick son.

You: Esmeralda, what’s… what’s going on?

Esmeralda: Nothing, Troy… the genie is weakened from his bindings. But now we can free him.

You hesitate, everything in you screaming that this is not right. You contemplate what your next move should be, when Esmeralda decides for you. She lifts her fingers, and the artifacts rip from whomever had them. The Microchip around your throat tears itself free of the necklace, and the compass in your pocket tears out, leaving only a hole in its wake. Behind you, Excalibur goes flying, nearly impaling you as it tears from Arthur’s make shift sheath. Your bag’s contents get spilled as the rose finds its way out, and Jafar’s staff leaves Jasmine’s clutches. The items each hover around the Genie, and he seems to grow stronger by the second. Finally, the chains binding him snap with a gasp and the genie laughs outrageously loud. You pull back, but Esmeralda only smiles serenly. Genie snaps his fingers, and suddenly all of you are floating in the air, Esmeralda included, thougghh she seems surprised by this herself.

Genie: At long last! Freedom has been returned to my old bones! Freedom is great, but power is greater still! The power of the five kingdoms will be mine once again!

You muster up your courage.

You: I want to make my wish.

Genie: Can’t let you do that yet. You’ll ruin everything. Besides, the ritual must be finished first…

Tutorial: This is the fateful moment this story has led up to. Your companions will face trials, and either die, or live, depending upon the choices you have made. Even if all your companions all survive, you may find the content unsettling, please use your discretion.

Genie whirls around the room, a trail of blue smoke slowly fading after him. He finally comes to a stop in front of Jasmine, and the serpent staff floats closer. The serpent staff’s eyes begin to glow red as Genie forces Jasmine to look into it. After another moment, a dull red haze abounds in Jasmine’s eyes, and you know she has been hypnotized by the staff.

Genie: First, from the reality kingdom. Jasmine… admit it to yourself. Your father’s death was your fault. If you had been willing to marry Jafar, Jafar never would have deposed of your father before his time… As it stands… you killed your own father because of what? Do answer, I am very interested to hear what you believe the cause was.

Jasmine’s words are low and wobbly, and it hurts you to hear them as much as you know it hurt her to say them.

Jasmine: I wanted… love…

Genie: Yes, yes you did. And it was because of this desire your father let you be. How does it feel to know what you did to him, to finally see it in the light?

Jasmine: I feel… responsible… I have… I should have… I…

Tears well up in Jasmine’s eyes.

You: Stop it, Genie! Leave her be!

The genie rolls his eyes then points at you, and you feel your mouth glue shut.

Genie: It’s alright, Princess Jasmine, I can fix it. I can bring your father back… all you have to do…is die. That’s worth it, isn’t it?

Jasmine does not move for a long moment, and then she nods. Genie claps, delighted, and the serpent staff spins in the air and moves behind Jasmine, then suddenly it stops, and Jasmine blinks to clear her eyes.

Jasmine: It may be worth it, but it won’t bring him back. If there’s one thing I’ve learned from this whole crazy adventure, it’s that it’s important to find others to lean on… and I have.

Jasmine held strong!

The genie growls then snaps. The serpent staff bursts into flame and a giant puff of smoke surrounds Jasmine. As it begins to clear, you hear her bloodcurdling screams, and then nothing. Both Jasmine and the artifact are gone.

Genie: Now, I need the power of the magic kingdom.

The genie whirls around and Excalibur follows his movement, positioning itself against Arthur’s throat.

Genie: Arthur. Remember what these fools did to you?

Arthur: No… these are my friends…

Genie: Bah! Friends!? They took away everything you worked for for your entire life! They forced you to come along on this crusade to keep you off their backs. It’s easier to babysit the kid, if the kid’s with the family, no? They aren’t your friends!

Arthur trembles, seemingly already defeated.

Arthur: You’re-- you’re wrong… you have to be! They value me!

Genie: Do they? Have they ever listened to you? Have they ever told you they value you? What part of this whole thing benefits you!? None of it!

You see Will shaking his head fiercely at Arthur, Genie must have shut you all up at once when you spoke out against him.

Genie: I don’t need your permission…

Excalibur presses a little tighter into Arthur’s throat and a slight trickle of blood materializes at the tip and begins running down Arthur’s neck. Then Arthur looks up, past Excalibur, and straight at Genie, and those haughty eyes that you had staring at you when you met outside of Elsa’s castle are back. Excalibur moves away from Arthur, before charging straight at the genie. Genie gapes in shock, but the sword passes through him harmlessly.

Genie: What!

Arthur: Words aren’t everything. Merlin rambles all day long everyday about what a great king I will be, and I still never thought he cared about me! These are my friends, they do care, and they taught me magic, so no. No you can’t just take what I’ve worked so hard to get!

Arthur held strong!

The genie lets out a bark of laughter.

Genie: I told you, I don’t need your permission!

Excalibur goes whizzing back towards Arthur, and blows up in front of him. There’s a bright flash of light blinding you during which time you hear Arthur gasp. As the light fades, you see Arthur gone as well. Your heart beats in your throat and tears well up in your eyes at the ruthlessness of this genie. No wonder he was bound… That’s what he deserves. Your eyes meet Esmeralda, and for the first time since seeing her again, you get the distinct impression that she agrees with you.

Genie: Now… Polymorphing…

Will: Jokes on you, none of us are from that kingdom! You can’t have it! You’ve already lost!

Your breath catches in your mouth. Will can speak now. He seems to have realized this a moment later himself.

The genie says noting, just swirls around and around Will, amusement dancing across his features.

Will turns as pale as a sheet, and swallows audibly.

Will: I’m uh… not from the Animal Kingdom.

Genie: What makes you think I need a beast in order to gain the skill?

Will: Uh…

Genie: You turn into something else, that’s all I require.

Will: Well uh… you c-can’t kill me. It’s like… the whole thing with this curse…

Genie laughs again in amusement.

Genie: Wanna bet? I just need your permission, and… well… that’s going to be easy,

Genie snaps and you sea Elizabeth appear in midair, she begins to yell something before Genie cuts her off.

Elizabeth: Will don’t–

Genie grins as a hand covers her mouth.

Genie: Now obviously, I don’t have her permission either, but… she can live through anything, that means you can watch her be tortured till you concede.

Will ponders for a long moment before responding

Will: That’s not my Elizabeth.

Genie: What!? How did you-? What gave it away?

Will smirks.

Will: You did, just now.

Will held strong!

The genie roars in anger and claps. Elizabeth goes flying, quickly crashing into Will. There’s an explosion, and at the end, Will and the rose are gone.

Genie: Hmmm… decisions, decisions…

Genie looks between Quaz and Edna before finally turning towards Edna. This entire time, Edna has stared at her nails, held her nose in the air, and every so often rolled her eyes, but when Genie rounds on her, you notice that even she can’t hide the tremble in her hands.

Edna: Troy, dahling, I’ve enjoyed our adventure tremendously, and I have no intention of dying to a giant blue puff of smoke!

Genie: You don’t get a choice in the matter… Edna Mode… Fashionista turned Simulation Scientist, it is your work that’s led the world to where it is. Happy endings were already gone, but now, the only ending left, is the world ending.

Edna: Correction, there’s a fallacy in your thinking. My work was for AI. A perfect model to fit the perfect gown. Without my having to tell the full gal which way to stick their stuck up noses! Feh! It was the government who came in and corrupted my work. Thus I am not to be blamed, and I won’t allow you to pin this on me.

Genie raises a big finger

Genie: But, you chose to continue working after the government took over. At any moment, you could have shut the program down and deleted everything. The government would have to start from scratch, and if you refused to help them, they would have made no headway. But you did. Why? To save your own skin!

Edna is stone silent for a moment, tactfully contemplating the Genie’s statement. Finally, she removes her glasses and cleans the lenses before replacing them.

Edna: Hmm. Perhaps the blame does rest with me, but that means nothing regarding you. The losses of life and everything else caused are guilts I will have to bare.

Genie: Don’t you think you could go a long way towards atoning for your sins by willingly giving up what I need from you?

Edna ponders another long hard moment, and you see a look of guilt cross her expression.

Edna: I… suppose I should…

The Genie raises his hands to snap, but Edna continues.

Edna: But the same stubborness for survival that has always driven me will continue to do so here and now. So no, no I will not.

Edna held strong!

The genie huffs before making a fist. Edna plummets to the cave floor and you hear a sickening splat, but when you look down there, you do not see anyone.

Genie: And Quaz… the hunchbacked, the outcast. Nobody cares for you in this entire world, nobody will look you in the eye due to your mishapeness. I can fix that.

Quaz immediately looks to you, and you meet his gaze with one of your own. Then he smiles lightly.

Quaz: You already have started off wrong.

Genie: Fine. Then I will take away the one person willing to look upon your face.

Smoke surrounds you, and you feel yourself fall, but you land softly on the cave floor. As you look around, you see all of you other companions down here as well, alive, but unconscious!

Genie: Troy’s death is your fault. Everyone around you dies. Everyone around you falls.

You want to tell Quaz that you are alright, but your lips remain sealed and you can tell he can’t see you. Tears well up in Quaz’s eyes, and he begins to bawl. Your heart breaks all over again as he weeps before the Genie.

Genie: That’s right, Quaz. Let your guilt overflow, and let your guilt be what does you in.

But nothing happens to Quaz. Genie looks around confusedly before Quaz slowly relaxes, tears still running down his cheeks.

Quaz: Master Troy would want me to live. I lived alongside him as he grew up. I know what he wanted for his life, and it wasn’t this, but more than that, I know what he wanted for my life. And that’s why, I refuse. My connection to the spirits is never something I would give you.

Quaz held strong!

The genie shouted angrily, and Quaz went flying, slamming into the cave wall and sliding down, unconscious. Suddenly he turns to look at you. Then he seems to change his mind and he turns to Esmeralda, who has been silently weeping herself this entire time.

Genie: You did everything to free me, now, give me everything left. Die for me, you are a United, and I can take all I need from you.

You begin to wonder what it means to be a united, but as you think about it, it feels obvious all of the sudden.

You: Each of the Kingdoms have a skill, and a United can use all of them. I can use all of them. But…the reality kingdom’s… I never had the chance to discover it.

You reach out to the spirits around you, and they break the magical bonds binding you. As you surge forward, you calculate the distance from you to, not the genie, but the lamp still upon the pedestal. This would be easier if you could polymorph, but you don’t need it. You conjure a shield as you run, and become aware of the genie floating after you from behind.

Genie: Give in Troy! You will never make your wish if you continue as you are.

He thunders after you, and your shield begins to buckle under a powerful attack, whatever it was.

Esmeralda: No!

You chance a look behind you to see Esmeralda, transforming into a wyvern, a magic shield around herself. She slams into the genie. The genie takes a moment to send her flying before coming after you again, but you retrieve the lamp just in time. And then… You are pulled into darkness.

You open your eyes and look around. You see six people, three men and three women nearby. They glow a ghostly blue, but seems relatively happy.

You: What…who are all of you?

The people are divided into couples, a man and a woman in each. You study the first to, but fail to recognize them, but you realize the last couple is your parents.

You: Mom? Dad?

Mom?: Little duck… you’re here…

Dad?: But not entirely here. Just as we planned…

You: What do you mean planned? I don’t understand, where am I?

Mom: Genie attempted to dominate your body and crush your mind. Your mind was expelled from your body and brought here.

You: Uh… why? I need to get back… I need to…

Dad: You need to learn.

Mom: After the Genie was bound by the five leaders, each went their separate way and founded their own kingdoms.

Dad: But some us feared the genie would break free again… it took forever, to be honest.

Mom: A man from one kingdom

Dad: A woman from another

One of the two other couples steps forward, and the man, an indian chieftain, speaks up.

Indian Chieftain?: And the children of each group, a boy and a girl, had to fall in love with each other.

The woman steps forward

Grandmother1?: And the two had to willingly live out their lives in the Reality Kingdom, where their child would be born and raised.

The other couple comes closer and your apparant grandfather speaks up.

Grandfather2: Thus the child had all of the Kingdoms within them, and could wield the power of all five together.

Grandmother2: The child was a United.

Grandmother1: The child was… Esmeralda.

You: Huh, I thought you would say I was.

Grandmother1: You were the second born.

Mom: We were forced to flee from Notre Dame

Dad: Frollo was after Esmeralda, but he could not get her.

Mom: Neither could we.

You: Wait so… Esmeralda is my sister? Huh?

They all nod at your confused look

Dad: You’re a United, son, and we couldn’t be prouder of the man you’ve grown up to be.

You: I’m confused…

Mom: Time is of the essence, and answers cannot be anymore forthcoming than they have been.

Dad: The reality skill is one you’ve always possessed.

Mom: Reality isn’t bred, it’s an environment. Reality is what is real. It is an anchor against what is fake or false.

You: …Of course… I could not be simulated because of it… and Jasmine resisted the hypnosis because of it… I… I needed to know…

Your parents smile.

Dad: We knew you needed it.

Mom: Now go back. Whichever choice you choose, we know it will be the right one!

You: Wait, choice? What choice!?

Your family fades away from in front of you and you snap back to reality

You discovered the Reality Kingdom Skill: Anchoring!

Genie: You’re back again!? How is a mortal so persistent!

You flinch, at first assuming he means you, but as you look over, you see the Genie is battling with Esmeralda. He knocks her down, and she gets back up and launches an attack.

You notice the lamp unguarded and leap to your feet. The genie’s magic fills the air around it, attempting to stop you, bind you, prevent you, but you have power over it.

You grab the lamp and hold it up towards the genie, ordering him to stop his assault. The genie freezes where he is then begins to diminish.

Genie: Nooooooooooooooo!

At last he collapses against the side of the pedestal.

Genie: I was so close. Freedom was in my grasp. You mortals and your persistence!

You: Grant my wish!

Genie: …as long as you hold the lamp, I am your servant, and I have the power.

Esmeralda makes her way over to you, limping. You deliberate between hugging your long lost sister and pushing her away. Is this choice really something you want her advice on? And if you don’t follow it how will she behave? What does she know anyways?

• Push Esmeralda Away
  • Include Esmeralda

0 voters

You: Esmeralda… we’re… I mean…

Esmeralda: I know…

You: When did you find out… I didn’t… nobody told me till–

Esmeralda: Tech Kingdom. While I was in the simulation… I gleaned some bits of information, and my objective changed. I wanted to free the genie no matter the cost… I thought I did, anyways… but… I just wanted to give you a happy ending…

You chance a glance to your friends.

You: You nearly took away the only happy ending I’ve had since Dad died…

Esmeralda: I know. But I guess nothing can stop your group… you really do uplift everyone around you, don’t you?

You turn away, still gripping the lamp. The genie behaves himself now. You have full power over him now and he knows it.

You: So, what happens now? What do we do?

Esmeralda: While I was controlling this thing, I found some more information about that too. There’s so many ways this could turn out, Troy… but it all comes down to one wish.*

You: And that is?

Esmeralda: Whatever you want it to be. Happy endings come with strings attached. Not everyone can have a happy ending. The technical definition of restoring happy endings would be to revert everything to the way it was. Which gives the people who originally had it a happy ending, but this comes with a couple catches. The kingdoms will disintegrate. The world as we know it will cease to exist. None of us will remember it or what might have been. With no place for the United, you and I would cease to exist…or exist only inbetween worlds… Not sure which.

You: You said there are other options?

Esmeralda: Yup. You could wish for the proper restoration of happy endings within these world. There is no telling how much would change or remain the same, but everyone would still be here in this world. I suspect only United would remember this event, but I do not know what everyone else themselfs would wish for.

You: So I can pick the ending that is supposed to be, sacrificing both of us for their assured happiness, or I can keep us all together and hope it all plays out.

Esmeralda: Or, of course, you can make a wish to give you the power to change the happy endings yourself. With power like that, you could dictate each individual ending… It would be a lot of power, but… everyone should remember all that has happened.

You: Okay, I wish for–

Esmeralda: I want you to know, in order for the genie to complete the wish, he needs the skills of all kingdoms. I intend to let him kill me so he can collect them all. Since you hold the lamp, he would still have to complete the wish.

You: What happens to him after? And what about you?

Esmeralda: Not sure about him, but as for me? I get to atone for all the destruction I’ve caused, which is worth it in my opinion.

You: I… wish for…

• The original happy ending
  • The chancy kingdom happy ending
  • The power to choose for myself
  • Nothing

0 voters

3 Likes

Chapter 24: Conclusions

Your choices… led to the moment of this choice. But this choice is yours and yours alone. There’s not exactly a wrong or right ending. All of them have pros and cons… but which ending do you want?

Public’s majority vote ending: Powered Up Ending.

Powered Up Ending

You: I wish for the power to give happy endings to those whom I think deserve it.

Genie: Your wish is my command master.

The genie seems to grin, but he points a finger at you and lightning bursts from his fingertip and slams into you. You feel a burning sensation, and are faintly aware of Esmeralda collapsing to the ground next to you. Power seeps into you from all around you, and you raise a hand, a seed materializing and then germinating, growing, blossoming into a flower and ultimately shriveling up and dying. You chance a look at the closest of your companions, Jasmine, and as you look, you can see so many different paths for her. Each leads to varying degrees of happiness, or disaster, but you know which one would be perfect for her. She deserves to be the happiest she can be. You stretch out a hand to make that path become a reality, but… something stops you, quelling the magic before you can use it.

You look down at your feet, and see a silver lamp, from which a wisp leads to yourself. The genie laughs.

Genie: Power comes at a price, eh? Being bound to the will of mortals. It’s not very fun, is it?

You roll your eyes, already tired of this weakened fool. You turn towards him, and like Jasmine, you can see his futures laid out. You can spot the happy ones, and the bad ones, but your favorite is obvious in seconds, and unlike Jasmine’s, you feel you can interact with his future. You drift to his lamp, now on the floor. The genie must have realized what you are up to because he fires a bolt of lightning at you. You laugh, not even bothering to block it as you absorb the blow. You seize the lamp, and under your grip, it cracks, and then shatters. The genie has only a moment to shriek before he evaporates into a cloud of blue dust that slowly dissipates.

You stretch, but wait patiently for your companions to awaken. It sucks you cannot speed things up, but it seems you cannot interfere with the mortals unless a wish is made…for now. You dust the bronze shards of Genie’s lamp off your hands, then freeze when you hear Jasmine groan. She finally awakes, eyes darting around the cave before landing on you.

Jasmine: Troy? What’s going on? Where is everyone? What’s happening?

You: Yes, Troy’s my name, What’s going on is I’ve dealt with the genie at cost to myself and Esmeralda, everyone else is around you, alive and well, and I need you to release me from this lamp.

Jasmine: Lamp? How did you get attached to a lamp?

You: An issue with taking down the genie… a curse of his…

Jasmine: But if you killed the genie, how do we get our happy endings?

You smile serenly

You: Don’t worry, I got that covered. Just wish for my freedom and it will all be okay.

Jasmine pulls herself to her feet and slowly trudges over to you. She retrieves the lamp from your feet and stares at for a long moment… is she hesitating? But no, she trusts you implicitly at this point.

Jasmine: Uh… Troy, I wish for your freedom from this lamp?

Instantly you feel a restraint lifted from you, and you can’t help but smile.

You: Perfect!

You raise your hands, and healing flows from them into your unconscious friends. They slowly awaken, each clearly having questions. At the top of their lists is what the heck happened to you, and why are you floating in the air. You stare at each of them. Seeing the happiest ending each could have. You want to give them all exactly what they want, and you will. Course you also need to deal with the war upstairs. Priorities…

One month later

You sit on a throne in your cave, surronded by treasures from all the grateful people. You easily eradicated the armies against you. Tremaine back off when she saw you, and the destruction of the simulation was no longer a problem. You set Hiro up in the Tech Kingdom, and he organized it into a democracy alongside his older brother Tadashi, who you restored. This democracy of his does not pertain to you, Hiro assured you, and the Tech Kingdom still diligently brings you gifts. You gave Edna Mode back her mansion, but knew she’d want to rework her reputation up to star status, so you let her be with that.

You removed the polymorphing from the Animal Kingdom, thus ending their rampage. Your first order of business was to force Kerchak into doing unreasonably difficult tasks for the freedom of those he cared about in retaliation. He failed in his second, dying to snake venom in the midst of the jungle while searching for a mythical flower that, let’s face it, didn’t exist. King Adam annoyed with his pestering so you erased him and left Tarzan to rule over the Animal Kingdom instead, as an apology for all of your deception towards him.

Elizabeth and Will were reunited on the island, and you lifted their curse, but left Barbossa to be tormented by it for all eternity. You knew he would rather die than that, heh. With the curse gone, Montonui was safe and sound. You also took the initiative to end Hans, but you could not restore Anna, she’d been gone for two long. The ocean dwellers wanted nothing to do with you, and you ignored them just as pointedly, because who cares about them?

As far as the Magic Kingdom goes, you made Maleficent queen, Tremaine her maid, and left everything else the same. Arthur went on to replace Merlin as a great wizard, and eventually, he would replace Maleficent on the throne, but she doesn’t need to know that yet.

You set Jasmine to rule Agrabah, and gave Quaz his own estate nearby. You obliterated all who had opposed you, and let everyone else fight for control of the territory. Jasmine would be happiest making peace, so you let trouble arouse so she could deal with it.

Of course, you did all this in what? Two days? The gifts are steady, but you already grow bored. It makes you wonder if you don’t deserve your own happy ending… maybe… bringing your parents back? That’d make you happy. And yet you know they are too far dead, like Anna. Hmmm. Death prevents you. The genie failed to provide his wish, of course you can’t exactly take it up with him now. Perhaps there’s a way to cheat death anyways… you’ll find it… even if you have to ruin a few happy endings to get your own…

Disney Fairytail Ending

You: I wish for… the restoration of all Happy Endings as they were originally, but… I want you to take my power, and give Esmeralda a happy ending of her own.

Esmeralda: What!? No, Troy!

The genie snaps, and the world around you begins to shatter. Your friends wake up all at the same time, pulling themselves to their feet as the ground tremors.

Jasmine: Woah! What’s happening, Troy!?

You look at them all, the smoke in the cave casting them in a fog, making them seem fragile and distant.

You: Your happy endings… You all get one… Just that you’ll all be separated…

Arthur: But my Happy ending has you guys in it! I want to stay with you all!

Quaz: So do I!

Will: This is what we asked for… we knew it would be a sacrifice, let’s just never forget each other…

Edna: I’ll make designs inspired by you all, dahlings.

Jasmine: We can cherish our memories… right, Troy?

You sigh, looking away guiltily.

Jasmine: Troy!?

You: You won’t be broken hearted, because you won’t remember. You’ll be completely happy, because you will have never met me… or each other. None of this mess will have ever happened.

Tears well in each of your companions eyes.

Arthur: …But I don’t want another ending, I want this one!

Will: Be strong, guys… I’ll… I’ll never remember, but I’m grateful for the time spent together… goodbye!

The world cracks, then shatters. Everyone falls into the void. You see Esmeralda one last moment before they all vanish, then all that remains is you and the genie, but as you watch, even he begins to fade.

Genie: Looks like I won’t need your power after all…

And with that, he’s gone as well. You float within the void. All around you, you can see the stories of everyone you’ve met as they play out, but you’re removed, on another side of a glass window you can’t breakthrough. None of your friends remember each other… or you. You watch Esmeralda encounter Quaz for the first time, but there’s no spark of remembrance between them either. For one moment, Esmeralda looks up and stairs into the sky, as if she is reminscing, but the expression clears and she turns back to Quaz.

As for you, you float between worlds, watching everyone else live their lives without you, never remembering you, and when their lives end, you watch them start over. And they all live happily ever after. Again and again and again…

Quid-Pro-Quo Ending

You: I wish everyone got their happy ending within this reality.

Genie: You’re the boss, but you might not like exactly what you get.

You: Wait, what does that mean–

The genie snaps, and everything fades. Quaz shakes you awake.

Quaz: Master Troy, Queen Jasmine is at our door! Don’t keep her waiting!

You rouse, confused and shuffle to the door after making yourself look presentable. Things are different, but they can’t be that different.

You: Good morning, Jas–

Quaz: Your highness, to what do we owe this unexpectedly personal yet certainly welcome visit?

Quaz nudges you, and you shake your head, remembering to mind your manners.

Queen Jasmine: I had to see your face for myself, Troy.

You: And why is that, your highness?

Queen Jasmine: Because, I had a dream of you last night. You were–

You: Then you remember!?

You grin excitedly, your previous fears already forgotten, you go to hug her, but a guard grabs you by the wrist, and wrenches it painfully behind your back.

You: Wait what!?

Queen Jasmine: My dream only confirmed my suspicions. You’ve been plotting behind my back. Ever since you refused to bless the marriage between Aladdin and I, you’ve opposed us at every turn. It ends here, now, today. I finally have proof, and you’re going down! You will be executed at sunset

You: What did I do? I didn’t do anything, I am innoc–

Queen Jasmine: You? innocent? Bah! Take him away!

Quaz: Master Troy!

You: Quaz!

Queen Jasmine: Take Quaz too!

You: No stop this!

A little while later

You and Quaz are bound in a cell. Your execution will be at sunset, and now all you can do is attempt to figure out what you have been doing here. Quaz does know all, but he is highly suspicious of your sudden lack of memory.

Quaz: What do you mean, you can’t remember?

You: I don’t know… I have… amnesia, Quaz. Help me work this out.

Quaz: There’s no working this out now. We’re going to be executed. I told you and told you not to oppose them so strongly, but you never listened to me, and now they have proof of our wrongs.

You: Jasmine married Aladdin!? But they were on opposite sides!

Quaz: You always said that, but you never specified why you thought that. As far as I can tell, Aladdin made a wish on a genie and becomes a prince, gets the princess’s hand, deposes the royal vizier… and well, there’s a whole mess of stuff that happened.

You: What was I to her…

Quaz: Childhood friend… Master Troy… she asked you for your blessing, and you raged something about Aladdin being a scumbag traitor. She never got it, you never attended the wedding, and every conceivable chance since, you’ve bad mouthed both and questioned every decision she made, and now she’s fed up with it.

You: Quaz, we ever gone on an adventure?

Quaz: Not really, Master Troy. You’ve been the ambassador to Notre Dame once, but that’s it.

You: I’ve… I really screwed up, haven’t I, Quaz?

Quaz: … well, yes, Master Troy… you have.

Elsa dealt with Hans by conquering all of the Southern Isles. Anna was dead, but after a trip into the unknown, she discovered the power to thrive even without her sister. Attina discovered Triton had been kidnapped by Ursula. It was a long and painful process, but she rescued her father at the cost of a relationship with the Atlantians, who never contacted the outside world and were determined to do away with any they came into contact with, the merphel included. The entire curse was lifted from the pirates on the island, and they all went back to their pirating ways. The water kingdom would spend the next four years trying to crush the piracy as it spread rampant across their oceans. Montonui would become the central sight of that piracy as it waged war against Arendell and the Merphel.

The animal kingdom divided into two separate kingdoms via peace talks, with Kerchak leading one, and Adam leading the other. Adam’s beast curse eventually left him, causing him to be weak and ripe for the taking. Kerchak soon reunited the two kingdoms as one, with himself on top. He arranged a peaceful trade agreement with the surronding kingdoms, gaining exceptional wealth from Elsa as she fought against the pirates.

The Tech Kingdom never struggled against a simulation, and Hiro formed a team called Big Hero 6, which quelled any villains as they arose, although Hiro still grieves the death of Tadashi to this day. Edna Mode was on top of the fashion world, but of course, dahling. Lilo met a cute pet dog she named Stitch and had many adventures with creatures only Jim Hawkins, no longer Captain Silver, would ever meet the likes of.

The Magic Kingdom continued to be ruled by Tremaine, who led a successful battle against Maleficent to end her tyrannical reign over one sector. Cinderella was married off to help strengthen the kingdom, and never became more than that pawn in Tremaine’s game. Arthur took over a sector of the kingdom when he was ready after impressing Tremaine a great deal.

Quaz has been by your side, as that’s where he is happiest. As for Jasmine and Aladdin well…

The cell door opens and Jasmine steps inside.

Queen Jasmine: That dream I had last night, why did you seem to know about it?

You: Your highness, I have a crazy story to tell you about, but first, I want to start with… I’m sorry. I should trust you enough to know that you can make your own choices. It’s wrong of me to question your every move.

Queen Jasmine: Oh, you apologize when you’re to be executed? That’s strangely… Troy of you.

You: I’m sure that’s true. But… can you let Quaz go? He’s my servant, and he’s innocent.

Jasmine softens at this request.

Queen Jasmine: …I will allow that.

You nod gratefully.

Queen Jasmine: Now what’s this story. It better be a good enough excuse to redeem you.

You: No promises…

Problem Solver Ending

You: I wish for…

You sigh, and then cast a fireball, melting the lamp into nothing, and tuning out the genie’s shrieks.

Esmeralda: Troy! What are you doing!?

You: I’ve made a colossol mess of this whole bloody world. Genie says the only ending we get now is the world ending? I’m going to prove him wrong. I have a war to win, are you going to help?

Esmeralda is quiet for a long moment, and then nods.

Esmeralda: Let’s do this.

You: Whatever it takes…

Five long years later

Priest: I now pronounce you, husband and wife. You may kiss the bride.

*More like she kissed you, honestly. Anastasia went in for a kiss, and you returned it gently, and just long enough to satisfy Tremaine. Your marriage to Tremaine would finally unite the Reality and Magic Kingdoms as allies, something you both desperately needed now that the Water Kingdom was completely simulated… well, not completely. You nod to the few guests at your wedding. Elsa claps politely for you both. She’s one of your closest confidants now and is among the few survivors of the Water Kingdom. You and Anastasia make your way to the reception, where people come around to make respectful comments about your marriage. Everyone seems to know it’s not for love, but necessity, and necessary it was as a unifying factor between the last two not kamikaze kingdoms.

Esmeralda: It’s a beautiful wedding, Troy.

You: Thank you, sister.

Lady Tremaine: I’m very pleased with this turn of events. Our kingdoms are now united, Troy.

Fighting the simulated has been easier, honestly. You’ve been working across the reality kingdom to teach everyone to use their ability, but dealing with the Animal Kingdom is a whole other matter. Each “member” has claws, teeth, and/or horns. You can’t negotiate, they are unorganized, relentless, and leave nothing in their wake. The Magic Kingdom is the best equipped to fight them, and even they are struggling. One sacrifice that cost you was the death of both Will and Elizabeth. Barbossa and the others became freed of their curse and waged war on the simulated from behind. You press on towards the Tech Kingdom capital where the super computer is, but when you get closer, the really deadly weapons come into play.

You have to be careful of manpower, yet both of your enemies seem to have beyond enough to also continue to fight each other. Every night as you go to sleep you wondered if you made the right choice, and now, for the first night of a lifetime, you’ll be sleeping in the same room as Anastasia. She doesn’t try anything. To be honest, she’s been the best you could hope for. She understands that this is for diplomacy, and only puts on act for her mother to keep the unity. For that, you’re eternally grateful, but still… what might have been?

3 Likes

First choice is out!

5 Likes

I wonder how we will get out of this simulation :joy:

For now, maybe try to wake Quaz?

1 Like

Next choice is out.

2 Likes

rip italics

4 Likes

Next choice is out.

3 Likes

I wonder if we’ll be able to investigate all bubbles?

1 Like

Next choice is out!

3 Likes

Next choice is out.

3 Likes

We’re breaking free from the simulation, I can feel it!

2 Likes

Next choice is out.

1 Like

This concludes Chapter 21. Stay tuned, tomorrow, where the three part finale begins!

2 Likes

It’s payback time!!

Let’s get that last artifact!

1 Like

First Choice for Chapter 22 is out!

3 Likes

You had to rub that in our faces right? :neutral_face:

And what’s with the stone? Did I miss where we could acquire it?

1 Like

The Stone Sentinel would make your trip to acquiring the final artifact in Agrabah an easy journey. But in order for you to gain control of it, you needed all four other Kingdom skills.

Obviously we never acquired the polymorphing Kingdom Skill so we couldn’t activate it.

:man_shrugging:

2 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney