This contest... this contest, just UH (Contest Talk Thread)

Is it too late to say this contest is HORRIBLE :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes: we are currently rank 36th in server 1 and we haven’t reached 10M :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

There is only 1 day left, which means many guild won’t even reach the final progress rewards :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

Why have you guys made such horrible contest? To chase away the last remaining players??? @nugget @loutre @elliot

4 Likes

Judging from PerBlue’s actions (or the lack thereof) over the past year or so, it does seem like that the decision makers feel players have too much of certain resources; I’m wondering if lowering the number of guilds getting all the progress rewards is a deliberate method of limiting those resources. It certainly doesn’t seem accidental, at any rate.

4 Likes

The general feel on here, ingame and on the different discord servers from players is that it seems is that players have too much resources to keep up the 190+ heroes and that there are too many players to merge servers
So therefore increasing the difficulty of contests, reducing the exciting content being released and keeping the increased cost of badges, skills and memory disks on its exponential trajectory will help players to quit in order merge servers in the near future.

#problemsolved

I think it’s a rather consistent degrading of contest towards FtN territory (aka garbage payfest).

With 18 hours (or 1/8 of the contest length) to go, server one has had thirty guilds reach the 10 million mark. Another 20 are between 8.5M and 10M, and so are in a decent position to reach that goal.

Of course, that’s to be expected when meeting every goal for the additional scoring in each category would still leave a guild with over 1.7 million points to somehow collect, even with everything now worth far fewer points.

If this is the future of guild contests, I don’t see the point in bothering.

3 Likes

Now if anyone from PerBlue starts saying anything about these contests being balanced @Nugget, they are just blatantly not telling a bit of truth.

How in the sake of god is this balanced? And no, don’t tell me that maxing those limited points would get the guild 10M because it just won’t.

If this is how the contests will be in the future, leaning towards the ridiculousness of FtN, then we should just start packing our stuff. There’s no point in trying.
Whales getting Duff chips while honest players getting a big naught. Yeaaaaaah, balanced.

6 Likes

On our server, only 46 guild reached 10M :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes: the 47th guild was so close (9.99M) but didn’t get lucky til the end :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

I mean, what on earth was this kind of contest??? It was super hard, and there was time I thought our guild couldn’t complete it

It was sooooo stressful… And what was the point of it? Some lousy hero chips who I don’t use?:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes: Without the badge booster crates, I/we wouldn’t try that hard

And now why the rewards were nerfed?

For few months now the hero exclusive chips were given in double amounts than what is given now.

Really? Hard to achieve, and now rewards are worse? :roll_eyes:

Rotations already make it difficult to get chips, you don’t need to make it harder!

3 Likes

You know what is actually worse? The “second wave” of Y20 badges (which had formerly those crafted by 3 other badges) will now cost 40k more stamina than the “first wave”.

:laughing:
I called it, the dev team is going crazy at us.

2 Likes

This,
Together with the event exclusive crate that never appears,
The badge cost for Y20 seems to be skyrocketing coming tomorrow

Add the fact that we just had a city watch contest, squeezing us for more city watch resets

They really are trying to make us quit…really sad

4 Likes

I mean, you can just as well spent a truckload of gold instead… :man_shrugging:
But yeah many people don’t have that.

I’d say, however, that it is more of Arena/Gold contest overall

Any chance we could beg for the 240 hero chips given in previous contest progress rewards… for Perry @Nugget @Loutre?

2 Likes

I have a feeling that they are the one clueless about their own in game economy :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

We need 3k, if not more, to max red skill, yet the amount of hero chips they give us has never been enough :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

240 is nothing, and now we get half of it :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

Sooooo balancing…soooo understanding…

I guess they just want all players to pay for the game now, f2p can quit for all they care (if they ever do) :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes: if that is your goal, congrats, you are doing a tremendous job, Perblue

3 Likes

I am stunned. So after a really hard contest we get… this?

@Nugget could the team behind contests keep some consistency to them. Preferably them being the way the current one is?

3 Likes

Yeah after FtN and the hard guild contest we get something that is laughable really.

But considering they nerfed the rewards, it also isn’t that surprising for this contest. I only don’t get the why.

1 Like

Feels like Goldilocks: too hot! Too cold!

1 Like

Good news, the rewards are back to where they were before!

And I’m sure that we’ll see that higher number of chips the next time we have a contest that’s relatively easy for all players, and not just whales. Right?

1 Like

The constant increase in ftn difficulty is ridiculous.

Just look at the points nerf since the last contest.

5 Likes

I didn’t knew PB increased diamond rewards in the game… oh wait, they didn’t.
So why asking for more diamonds in the contest? :confused:

7 Likes

I think it might be a set automatic thing in the code that the requirements increase over time resource wise for Fortify The Network contests, so might have to be manually changed.

Not sure, but at least something I see as likely.

This is the requirements from a year ago, October 2021:

October 2020:

October 2019:

3 Likes

The diamond requirement looks fair here

Stamina… ehm 115k might be a little too low now, but the current 690k was way too big of a jump

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney