This contest... this contest, just UH (Contest Talk Thread)

I did say it long ago… I believe per month freely we should get at least $10 worth of stuff (ideally $20). That’d be a good balancing.

If you get $20 worth of stamina, megabits, disk power etc etc then spending $20 on a deal focused at that resource doubles the gain for that resource.

Right now though… stamina is almost nonexistent $ worth, megabits literally don’t exist… disk power is like $3 at best etc etc…

3 Likes

I’ve seen people posting cheap, low-power mercs just to get them hired; after all, it doesn’t make sense to spend 50M gold for a merc to help with a district that’s only worth 40M gold at the end of the surge, so why not just do useless mercs and burn through them?

2 Likes

Yeah thats one option
But that isnt supposed to be the aim of the game

I mean according to the team “all heroes should be played with”

4 Likes

Server 1 is going to have just over 1% of its guilds getting all the progress rewards, barely. This will be the first time since I can’t remember when that my guild won’t make it to the final reward.

I’ve never seen such a small percentage of guilds reach the 10M mark. If future guild contests are this difficult, I’m going to lose interest in them, and they have been one of the main things keeping me playing regularly. So, congrats PerBlue, I guess?

7 Likes

We literally just reached 10M :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes: this contest is even more horrible than the similar last one (CW and guild token contest) :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes: I don’t know what the meaning of this? We can’t enjoy our guild contest anymore??

I find it disgusting that every time we complain about something, you guys just make it harder…why do you want us to suffer so much??? That must be the mystery of the century :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

No surprise that the game is in this state…

3 Likes

Isn’t it obvious?
In order to be able to merge all the servers into one so the game can be put to sleep, the player base needs to decrease drastically

This is one of the many things currently helping to achieve this

4 Likes

Guess how guilds in our server feel :rofl:

3 Likes

Currently in scoring. It requires a lot and gives little points more than (buff high) .Meanwhile, average player daily income is low (buff low). Meanwhile, the deadline has not changed :stopwatch:

From there, they have thought “Invest a lot in the contest,
cannot reach 10M or lower”.

No reach 10M points => No competetion between player/guild-of-player/guild.

Now:

Check out some old photos :derelict_house::
In 2021 about 1 year when started playing, My guild always reached 10M and more.

:pencil2: Oh and…,the reward that year was very good (30 BB crates)

3 Likes

@Samm , I’ve tried writing this in posts for years now and in support tickets. Maybe you can give your thoughts on this…

Why is the format of contests three individual and one guild contest per month as oppose to say individual, guild, individual, server? I think you would get less complaints and help out new players and ftp players and everyone else if ftn was a server wide contest per month (u know actually a network to fortify as one :wink:)

3 Likes

They wont do this

1. FTN needs to happen every 3 weeks for #moneygrab
  2. The current rotation makes it so that cap increases are always on different contests, having a 4 week rotation will make that cap increases are always before and during the same contests making it east to hoard items cough, even though people are still hoarding ton of stuff
  3. I am willing to put money on nothing significantly changing in any game mode ever as we ramp down to shelf-life in 6-8 months
4 Likes

Yeah, I think it’s clear that PerBlue is trying to shift guild contests into whale-only territory, just as they’ve been trying to do with FtN for, well, basically since the start of the game. It certainly feels like they decided we were getting too many resources late last year, and have decided to throttle various channels: no more Trial Events, more difficult contests.

3 Likes

Rather they want everyone to pay for getting exclusive heroes which won´t last very long till getting obsolete.

Ah yes, F2P players finally got something (even if paying $20 still doubled or even tripled the progress)… now they are getting 10x less.
True, the game is very balanced. At least if they changed the outdated bundles for diamonds, but I guess I am fighting against the wind there.

4 Likes

The thing is, if a company is too greedy with resources/service they risk repelling people, meaning less people who play or refuse to pay.
If not stopped it could risk becoming a negative feedback loop long term wise.
(Nothing bad meant Samm, just thinking in terms of player/consumer psychology).

And yeah, there are a issue of knowledge as I notice that I notice that a lot of new players seems to be missing vital knowledge in terms of basic survival.

So there the issues become a multiplying factor of slowed growth due to lack of knowledge of how to get more resources, as well as lack of knowledge of how to use their resources the most efficiently.

Something to think about as well I suppose.

5 Likes

There is effectively no lack of knowledge. Even with the resources F2P get now… the difference between having knowledge and not having it is less than 1% overall.

2 Likes

I think I meant more so general progression I suppose than specifically contest progression I suppose.

Like how far they get actual progress by how much they use for the contest.
Because the thing is, many players don’t really realize that they use their resources rather inefficiently. I notice this especially among silent players, the players who don’t chat and as such don’t get advice.

It is also a knowledge thing kind of to know to wait with spending resources until the contest is, since I do notice players who don’t seem to save up for contests before they spend. That way not having resources for when the contests are.

Something I am aware as I get a decent amount of silent players in my guild from time to time, so yeah seen it.

2 Likes

The negative feedback loop is going on for over 3 years. FtP players are being left behind for a very loooong period of time. That’s nothing new.
Players who are spending moderately are the group that are loosing the most. Stamina deals are bad for a couple of years now, lack of hero chips, lack of red skill chips, lack of mods, and the list goes on and on is what truly preventing players from achieving moderate but steady progress even if your spend 5,- or 10,- Euros on a deal.
Sooner or later even newer players understand the mechanic and stop playing altogether.

2 Likes

I see what you mean, but knowledge can help a lot on easing out things for F2Ps :-).

As an example I have some Y24 characters and I am VIP 0, so it is possible if knowing the survival tips to relatively keep up.

Definitely Survival mode though, as you have to pick the 15 that are the meta best if wanting to survive. Possible, but definitely have to be strategic about it.

3 Likes

Of course you need a strategy. I don’t deny that. Preparing for certain contests goes without saying if you want to get anywhere.
But I stand by my point that even buying the occasional deal it doesn’t get you really anywhere anymore. Either you have heroes at a high tier but can’t max their red skills or/and mods or you can’t upgrade mods because of a total lack of ressources.
This is an account I started 6 months ago on S25.

I made decent progress, nothing too shiny, but steady. But I’m completely in lack of hero chips, red skill chips and mod upgrade pieces and I assume I’ve participated in 90% of invasion and maxed all tiers.
Do you have an explanation why green skill mod upgrade pieces were completely wiped from invasion rewards? When was the decision made to make them challenger league only rewards earned only every 4 weeks after the season ends and only like 10-15 pieces? This is a complete oversight and neglect after several “dev team” changes.
I’m under the impression that the current so called dev team (if there is one) can’t overlook the needs for ressources and provide steady influx, even on a very low scale.

1 Like

They weren’t, they were never given in invasion in the first place, with the exception of like a few of the special ones.

I’m not justifying anything btw, I agree the quantities of mod pieces should be increased by a decent amount, in invasion but especially in challengers.

4 Likes

Could the team give Mod upgrade pieces to contest rewards? Invasion isn’t enough, the rewards are same when we had 40 heroes, now we got 200.

@Samm

6 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney