This contest... this contest, just UH (Contest Talk Thread)

I’m not sure what happened here, how come my guild have won 30 and 35 city watch battles with Namaari. shouldn’t the number stays the same until we reached the maximum number of 725. Perhaps there is a bug with the contest-scoring system @Loutre

Came to post similar as above, showing differing counts for namaari used in city watch contest.

Just a bug from the fix. It shouldn’t end up being an issue overall.

It was previously for all battles, the Infinite one, so it’s obviously higher. Please stop.

This contest is just UH… bad rewards for a lot of stamina and diamonds required.

The same as usual :man_shrugging:
Still no change and that´s pretty bad after 7 months.

Where are rank rewards from the last contest?

Agree we need changes , not we looking into it or possibly down the line.

If these terrible scoring system continuing (as expected them too) I want more guild perks to counter act it (more gems or stamania bank and filling faster than now), or something that increase scoring for your guild be x amount , something. I’m getting tired of we looking into it or foward it on, please give us results. Qol updates for this game are way overdue. Thanks.

Honestly I think we are all hoping, but knowing it won’t change.
Game is at its end… time we all accept it and find something new to do :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Couldn’t agree more (insert change my mind meme) @Nugget @Loutre

At this point play for my game friends, not the game to be clear.

Because people are still spending money on deals to place high in the rankings (or possibly even to simply finish all the tiers). Until that changes, what motivation does PerBlue have to improve the rewards?

3 Likes

Again the “motivation thing”. Yes, I do understand the mechanics of “Don´t change things not broken.”

Yet, they simply said… SUCK.
The expenses needed to get rewards scale exponentially (aka SQUARE), while the rewards themselves scale linearly.

No matter what kind of math I use it is fairly evident that…

5 months ago: gains < costs
2 months ago: gains << costs
Now: gains <<< costs
In 2 months: gains <<<< costs

It’s fairly obvious and dangerous if not changed… because one is just waiting for people to ultimately lose interest to catch-up. Even if something is done in 6 months, it will not save anything that is currently broken.

1 Like

the issue is that for the whales, or players with an unhealthy addiction, it really doesn’t matter how far it gets pushed.

If the contest requires $20 spend, they will spend $20. If it requires $100, they will spend $100. If it requires $500, they will complain about it - and then spend $500.

And then someone else will spend $600 to place higher.

etc. etc…

That’s why PB will continue in this direction with contests. They just have no business reason to change it.

I do agree there are many with that. While I like the game it’s certainly not worth hundreds of bucks every month.

But those players have never played what I call a “drought mode”. Since they will surely dislike it and leave asap.

When is Collosal XP drinks going to be added to the contest reward system?

Surely it is also time for Zeus to be retired as a contest reward… sigh

4 Likes

I’m sorry, I just don’t see why it’s a big deal whether we get 430 Ultra XP drinks or 50 Colossal XP drinks.

Personally, I agree, but I’m sure PerBlue would say he’s still one of the highest-demand heroes; after all, he’s the strongest hero in the game right now and has only a couple of counters, one of which, at the highest ranks, only slightly helps.

At any rate, I just find it hard to muster much passion for contest rewards one way or another since they’ve been reduced to 15 Badge Booster crates. But I’m obviously in the minority on this, so I sure can’t claim to be correct, admittedly.

wait, contests have other rewards besides Badge Booster crates?

Sorry, that was unclear
I meant when are ee going to get points for Colossal XP drinks. Since it is almost better to do lower tier port levels for these contests to get more points - which is really inefficient

1 Like

Ports are not meant to be the main scorer. For XP you should raid. :wink:
That´s the PB logic, sadly.

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney