This contest... this contest, just UH (Contest Talk Thread)

Stop giving Zeus, it’s boring and we have enough, you just exploit the most broken hero who should get nerfed, and you only making matters worse, pb…

@Loutre whoever decides the rewards should stop giving Zeus

1 Like

I think majority wish they weren’t reduced and would be increased again, I think the majority hate ftn scoring and lack of it being only to gems and stamania, I think majority want more guild perks, I think majority wish surge gold be more abundant then what they reduced it to… the list goes on to infinity and beyond.

Just seems the majority is the minority for how much we plead.

Show me people other than trolls agree with how it’s done, I simply don’t believe anyone wouldn’t welcome those changes I listed above.

Ah, OK, sorry for the misunderstanding. Though given the way the point structure tends to work out in these contests, I fully expect the lower levels of port will end up being worth more points anyway.

And yet enough people continue to spend in order to do well in contests so that PerBlue hasn’t felt the need to make any significant changes to them in nearly six months.

This is actually a really good QoL to share @Loutre @Nugget since… you know, when one uses gems and stamina they also use gold and craft badges…

So if FtN had 4 scoring options - gems, stamina, gold and badge bits (any) instead of just 2 it´d have been infinitely more even… maybe finally some lower level players could achieve at least first 2 progress tiers in there…

2 Likes

I believe this is on purpose
Otherwise everyone would just go big in FTN every 3 weeks and ignore the other contests…

Anything that will reduce spending is a no-go at this point. No matter how much we ask, give feedback, it won’t change

Well obviously - but why capitalize on progress rewards if you let them be rather easily gettable in other contests? This is an important question, cause it has pretty much no logic.

Yes, if 1M was easier to reach, you could pretty much make the rest of the pointing system like…
“Use 10 Stamina” - 1 point
“Use 1 Diamond” - 1 point

and be it a fair battle then between P2P and P2W for Rank rewards… why hinder Progress rewards behind a paywall tho if you don´t do it elsewhere?

1 Like

not to mention that they’re bad

Shouldn’t we get Aurora at the top rewards considering that Voyd is in guild crates? Not to mention, it is 30th of June, which is the changing date as mentioned in patch note @Loutre

I did mention it in another topic. Was told that the rewards will stay but the feedback is taken for the future.

1 Like

Yunno kannst du mal aufhören ständig zu schimpfen? Es ist furchtbar.

The contests are all resource sinks meant to increase the urge to spend more money. I don’t go out of my way to complete them, but end up getting some of the rewards here and there anyways. It’s been the same hero rewards for a while now and they’re for ones I don’t play. I won’t spend money on these contests.

2 Likes

Actually, only the “Fortify the Network” contest is literally impossible to complete without spending (hence why we all nicknamed it PB’s piggybank). And since they refuse to change it after numerous complaints, it’s quite obvious we are right.

It’s a shame considering the other contests are typically easy to get to 1M (or 10M for Guild ones), just that we are ripped off contest progress rewards every 3rd week :man_shrugging: .

3 Likes

That’s how Perblue does their business. Ignore players and inhale as much money as they still can

3 Likes

It is possible to complete the FtN contest without spending, barely, if you consistently make the upper Challenger tiers in Arena and Coliseum, refrain from spending any more stamina than necessary during the other two weeks, and basically just make that contest the primary focus of how you spend resources.

4 Likes

How on earth could we earn 24k diamond in just 3 weeks? I’m in challenger II every month and let me tell you, there is no way I earn that much :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I would call it fair if it was just stamina.

But Yunno is right - even if you don´t spend a single diamond you barely even reach the allocated amount.

Meanwhile the other contests are nowhere near as demanding, partially because they ask for other resources, partially because they are not as “hungry for money”.

3 Likes

i haven’t spend a penny in this game for a year and still can finish all the progress rewards on FTN every 3 weeks. here’s some of my tips:

How i get 1M points during FTN as free-to-play players:

• spend between 15k-20k diamonds during the FTN
    • use 500 diamonds on daily stamina and use Stamina Cost Reset repeatedly
    • use diamonds on Mega Mart (use Shop Refresh items if you have some; see below for the list of items you should buy on Mega Mart)
  • spend 50k-100k stamina (1000-2000 Stamina Packs) during the FTN (preferably you have double badges drop activated for this)
  • use that massive amount of stamina to promote the Prize Wall hero to Yellow for the 5k diamonds reward
  • learn how the points are calculated so that you can predict how many more stamina/diamonds you need to spend

How I gain 15k diamonds in 3 weeks:

• power up my top 15 heroes and get into Challenger III/IV in Arena and Coliseum consistently, as well as gain higher daily ranking
  • finish the Prize Wall Hero Quest for the 5000 diamonds (i usually promote the Prize Wall hero to Yellow during the FTN)
  • spend 100 diamonds for daily stamina ONLY during the Prize Wall (and sometimes during double drop events)
  • never spend more than 240 diamonds for Invasion Supply Crates every Invasion
  • never spend diamonds on Hero Chips
  • never spend diamonds on Diamond Crates
  • never spend diamonds on Memory Market
  • never spend diamonds on Invasion Shop
  • never spend diamonds on Black Market
  • never spend diamonds on Event Exclusive Crates
  • never spend diamonds on Red Skill Crates
  • never spend diamonds on Badges, Badges Bits, Memories, Red Skills
  • in the Mega Mart, only spend diamonds on Stamina Pack, Stamina Cost Reset, Port Reset, Trial Reset, Elite Chances Reset

How do i gain and save thousands of Stamina Packs:

• NEVER use Stamina Packs other than during FTN (you can spend some during double drops, but it is more beneficial to spend most of your Stamina Packs together with Double Drop items during FTN)
  • buy Stamina Packs EVERY chance you have in the Mega Mart
  • always chose Stamina Packs over other items on War rewards
  • chose Stamina Packs over other items on Weekly Quest (unless they offer you Double Drop Normal and Elite items)
  • gain Stamina Packs from Prize wall
  • [gain Stamina Packs from Prize Wall Hero Quest rewards] → not applicable anymore

i know this may not be applicable for all players or other server (i’m playing on server 14), but these are the steps that help me to finish all progress rewards on FTN for the past 2 years

feel free to comment or ask me anything

1 Like

these two are nearly useless anyway…

i don’t really document it as such but i pretty much do this also on S1 and yes, am able to FTN every time with plenty left over

1 Like

The point about FtN is though that while the other contests barely take up more than a week worth of resources, FtN takes 2.5 or all 3, while the progress rewards are still the same.

4 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney