This contest... this contest, just UH (Contest Talk Thread)

yeah, it’s ridiculous that it takes so much frugal planning to even complete the progress rewards - and still usually only end up in the top 25% or 10% if i’m lucky.

i only bother because i need every badge crate i can get to even remotely keep my core heroes up at the top ranks, considering the exceedingly high crafting requirements now. The rest of the rewards are really poor.

3 Likes

Usually if you get 1M you are at top 10% in FtN.

In this contest you can be with 1M even in top 50% tho :joy: (Won´t be, but could be)

While this could be a solution but it is too much trouble to do for some lousy rewards.

And ever since I gave up on TFT, I even got further progress with my heroes. And less stress :heart::heart::heart:

I find it easy to just ignore FtN. Why any sane person would waste resources on this event is beyond me. The other contests are already meh at best. FtN is just plain bad.

3 Likes

When all is said and done, have you made a net loss or gain in resources?

Sounds a lot like running in place. Grinding out for weeks to inevitably blow it all in a single event that does little for progress. Rinse-N-Repeat

2 Likes

Here’s an interesting statistic. I’m currently in the top 10% of the server for this contest but I haven’t made it to the first progress reward tier yet, which means that 90% of the server is in a similar situation. And we already had the double badges day yesterday to motivate people to spend stamina.

I don’t think I’ll get to that first reward tier by the end of the contest unless we get a buy more stamina event before the end of the contest. And maybe not even then.

13 Likes

unfortunately that 90% doesn’t matter as long as the top ranks continue to score in the tens of millions :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Well, they don’t care about our satisfaction as long as others pay :joy::joy::joy: money rules :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

When you try to balance the event upon the average score and not the median score…

Nothing will change in the future, just less people will do FtN.

Wonder why the team checks the Prize Wall Hero Quests retention, but not the FtN contest Progress Rewards @Loutre @Nugget.
But I guess it’s all fine. insert the known GIF

1 Like

We check the data on everything. FtN contests have been played around with before and will most likely move around again. Just because it’s not being changed right this second does not mean it is not being watched.

1 Like

It is just honestly too bad that the changes happen way too late before people get fed up and leave…
we are at Yellow +16 and the economy for red skill chips are only being changed now…

2 Likes

We still don’t even know how much is it improved.

1 Like

And there is not a single word about the change (if any) of hero chips :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

I’m not happy (nor anyone) using thousands of hero chips to max 1 red skill :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes: where on earth do we get that???

1 Like

i guess by this guideline we can expect the overdue Yellow Rank refresh to arrive in… around another year and a half :flushed:

2 Likes

I am quite afraid we will get Yellow Rank refresh when Teal/Turquoise/whatever rank is introduced at TL 430+.

2 Likes

Even though it is only 3 messages that express exactly the same concern on the forum, the team can rest assure that this is the feeling throughout servers, throughout guilds, constantly being discussed ingame and on discord and in other platforms.

So just because there isn’t more messages on the forums about this, it does not mean the wider playerbase is not also concerned about this

:arrow_up: just want to make that as clear as possible in case there is any doubt to anyone out there

3 Likes

So, it’s basically “We might maybe get around to it if we think about it”?

Thing is, the game gets updates quite often. New heroes and content get added regularly, but there’s no time to fix the busted content that already exists?

Recent changes have been made to the Prize Wall, despite it not making the top 10 problematic issues in this game. I feel like the only changes that occur are ones that increase profits. God forbid something is fixed without asking us to buy some $50 pack and calling it a reward. It’s only a reward for PB.

This is just a starting point for understanding why this game has such a low player retention rate. Changes will only be made to retain the ~5% that whale their way thru the game. It seems that so much time was spent trying to figure out how to milk the “endgame” that folks forgot that you have to have a way to bring in and keep new players

Unfortunately, I feel like we will see a 450 level cap, and another 20 yellow ranks, before we see anything to correct any of these issues.

3 Likes

FtN starting to take on a whole new meaning.

Logged on today and I’m at 1637th position in the top 25% of players in the contest without trying. Nowhere near a million points, this means that 75% of my server is worse off than I.

Maybe the majority are finally seeing it for what it is. It seems that the only ones actively seeking to be competitive are the small % of wallet warriors that PB caters to. As long as they exist, the status quo shall remain.

1 Like

Serious dejavu vibes on the guild contest…
Is there no other fun exciting ways we can earn points?
Just say the word and we can give ideas on ideas

2 Likes

I don’t get what people have against this type of contests (the one that is about to be up), they are super easy (unless we are talking about different contests).

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney