This contest... this contest, just UH (Contest Talk Thread)

They are boring
It is the same thing over and over and over again

This is a guild contest
It is suppose to show how the guild work together
The only point-earning way that is remotely guild related is the heist, which is honestly so boring and people literally omly do heists during contests now

What about Invasion?
What about sparring?
What about earning influence or guild tokens?

We just had FTN contest for stamina spend
There are a lot more that can be done in my opinion that makes it exciting for the guild to be … well… a guild

And dont even get me started on the rewards…

2 Likes

the question pretty much answers itself though, lol

new points scoring methods and new contest formats require design, development time, testing, approval etc etc

and then bug fixing after they inevitably don’t work once used live

the existing formats can be rinse & repeat for pretty much 0 outlay and probably don’t produce any less revenue than a theoretical new format contest

PB have no business reason to change it :man_shrugging:

(yes it’s v v boring for the players)

1 Like

Actually, the rewards are extra special this time. In the first tier of contest, they got rid of the gold reward.

1 Like

I wouldn’t expect any changes to the contests unless they find a way to make more money off them.

The chances of any change benefiting players only is slim-to-none.

This is the company that asks us to celebrate every update/patch by giving them $50USD

3 Likes

And give us 5 lousy red skill crates :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes: I get more than that in prize wall :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes: not to mention, those crates are heavily outdated

Well… any chance this can be changed anytime soon @Loutre @Nugget?

Honestly, the update has 3,000 Red skill crates for $50 and considering the permanent changes done to Elite and City Watch even that will feel like a drop in the ocean.

5 just do outright nothing at all. If they gave the same amounts as the special Red skill Crates for Diamonds it would be something… although still barely anything.

That number should be… at least 10x more if not 20x or 50x.
Though considering the overall design a fair amount would probably be 3,000/(4 contests in a month) = 750 Red Skill Crates.

1 Like

I don’t find any of these contests worthy of my time or resources. Even the Guild Contest is “Meh” at best. The rewards need revamped to reflect the age of the game. It, like the other contests, medals etc are severely outdated and not on par with the current state of the game.

I’m not saying I want PB to sell us the Palace for a pittance. I’d just like to see them open the doors and put on a ball for the people once in a while.

2 Likes

The contests had genuinely good rewards before the change in November, for like 2 or 3 months.
But I guess the team found out they were being too “generous”… the badge crates being a prime example, definitely not the only example tho.

4 Likes

At least they could let people get some rewards in contest purely diamonds and stamina. I’ve used 2100 diamonds and 77000 staminas and I’m at 148000 points less than the half of the first progression rewards. Looks like the economy of the game follow the real economy’s inflation no value of the goldand the diamonds anymore.

2 Likes

We nicknamed Fortify the Network a “PB piggybank” a long time ago. It never disappoints.
The only way to get 1M is to buy that rapid recruitment or update deal once and use it now. Otherwise no chance - exactly as planned.

1 Like

I love how people only complain about contest on here when it’s FTN, shows how poor it is.

Maybe a little balance between the contest would be nicer last one you can reach 1 million in no time this one you use 4850 diamonds and 180000+ staminas and not even get the first progression rewards. And if nobody complain for the other contests is because everyone can at least get some rewards this one is completly the opposite

1 Like

FtN could really be a contest of “raising heroes”. But that´s not just Diamonds and Stamina, but also Gold, Disk Power, Mod Power and whatever else. If the other sources were limited and Diamonds and Stamina did give points infinitely, the contest would be much better.

But no “Use 10 Stamina” to get a point :unamused:

3 Likes

This week contest is horrible. I’m starting to hate this more and more :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

It took us 5 days to complete a 6-day-contest :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes: not nice… Why is it getting so hard???

And we are at 50+th so there are a lot of guild are worse than us :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

I wouldn’t say it was so hard this week. Mother Gothel as prize wall hero is someone whom a lot of people at least partially have upgraded, and those CW points is for the rest just a matter of participation.

So I don’t know how active your guild usually is, but that might be a thing :man_shrugging:

It takes about 50 City Watch runs with Gothel to reach the cap on bonus points for those categories, which gets the guild about 6.5M points. The guild coin points can easily make up the difference to 10M. And both City Watch and guild coin points should be attainable for guilds of any level; it’s just a matter of how many active members they have. (Admittedly, higher guilds will have more members with strong Gothels; alternatively, low-level players with 2 or 3 stronger, newer heroes, like Shego and Aurora, can steamroll through City Watch even while using an underleveled hero in the back, with a little practice.)

How long it took to get all the progress rewards was a little frustrating, but I’m honestly more frustrated at guild members who just won’t learn how to do City Watch than at PerBlue’s scoring.

3 Likes

Our problem is not with CW. In fact, we earn the most point by doing CW

The problem is guild coin. After they reduced surge gold by 50%, our member participation in surge has greatly dropped :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes: barely anyone does it nowadays. With just a few people doing surge, the number of Merc hired decrease, hence reducing our guild coin :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

Perblue really need to change something with surge. Especially the Merc cost. It is way too high

1 Like

And they greatly miss a lot of gold. Nice.

pretty much this, if 30 people did their daily CW with Mother Gothel the contest would be complete in 2-3 days. The scoring here was fine, the lack of motivation to play the game caused by lack of interesting updates is the problem

8 Likes

Or maybe the mediocrity of some dev decisions.

2 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney