This contest... this contest, just UH (Contest Talk Thread)

Maybe cause the idea of needing to do battles with the Mayor in Heist was never the plan, but got there by mistake?

So they just decided to grant every guild those points anyway

1 Like

Has anyone succeeded for this contest?

If so, how??

I barely got to the first progress reward tier yet, while I already did the things I usually did for this contest (aka get port stuff, upgrade hero levels from last cap raise and do heists for disk power)

good luck with this… 2.4M Disk Power is like 2k heists if not mistaken. And it only gives 333k points altogether.

You need to spend 105B gold to get 1M only via gold spending.

Basically - nothing will tremendously help you.

Those that have 17M points likely did crafting a lot. Because with that you are likely to get colossal drinks which give the biggest amount of points.

Well if that is what you are supposed to do, then it is hopeless :pensive:

My upgraded characters are all maxed with their badges right now, so there aren’t too many badges that gives colossal drinks still (cause S21 is still at Y9)

Probably the worst contest in a long time

1 Like

S21 has it a bit easier, but not by much.

Yeah, disk power points got severely reduced from the last time we had a contest like this. Last time I’m pretty sure I got almost enough points from disk power alone to complete the contest tiers; this time, I don’t think it’s going to be possible to complete all the reward tiers without spending loads of stamina, which is what the next contest will require as well.

I remember when PerBlue stated they didn’t want contests to be just about spending hoarded resources. I guess they finally decided to make it plainly impossible to do well in contests solely by hoarding. In other words, I believe PerBlue is moving to make it so that simply finishing all the progress tiers in every contest will require spending, rather than being possible through careful and disciplined planning.

3 Likes

well that is basically an implication

However - a plothole - people saving stamina from deals :joy: so they still didn´t introduce a contest to be finished only with resource gotten in the contest

Though I mean… they almost succeeded once in that - the contest was awful though. Still I can´t go over just letting people get 1M rather easily and then reduce the points to nothingness so we don´t see scores of like… 17M and such.

No one has that much gold and even if they do, how could they spend all of that during this contest? :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile: Spamming buy 100 gold crates all day long?

It is clear that they are trying to make ALL contests pay to win :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes: it has always been FTN, and then guild contest (guild coins collection) and now, individual ones :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

So, what’s about us Free to play? We could quit if we want and they couldn’t care less

1 Like

Not like the rewards matter much at all. Even 960 hero chips get you precisely nowhere since max Red skill needs 3.3K+.

Same stupid “free”/Diamond crate heroes over and over and over in Rank rewards…
Like why not give just the true exclusives there.

Beside that… why we still have 10 (TEN) exclusive heroes, 2 in Diamond crate and 8 elsewhere. Couldn’t it be like 7… or even 5?

2x or… even like 1x Diamond Crate exclusive, VIP Crate exclusive, Guild Crate exclusive, Contest Progress and Challengers (with the hero there added to Cw/Arena/Coli crate before a proper reward shakeup is done)?

Huh, @Loutre @Nugget can’t the higherups ease us a bit and let the rotations be a bit faster?

1 Like

Arena, Coliseum, and City Watch token crates needs to be removed.

Same with a’la Jasmime/Slinky exclusive crate, but they didn’t appeared already for 6 months if not more…

All these crates are stupid and worthless and just annoy people that they force people to wait over 6 months to have a hero farmable.

You could instead rotate every X hero from Battle Pass/Prize Wall to Challengers and significantly increase number of hero chips here too.

2 Likes

Or the token crates could supplement Challenger hero until a proper reward update is done as I said

2 Likes

Thanks to these current useless rotations we have one hero completely IMPOSSIBLE (this month The Mayor) to get (from the Slinky crate). And 3 other heroes which are stuck for 3 months in completely trashy CW/Arena/Coliseum crates.

Prize wall (and Battle Pass) doesn’t scale despite the increased need of hero and skill chips every 4 weeks.
And recently in contests amount of chips decreased?! If you don’t want players just shut the game… :roll_eyes:
Just… what is going on, it’s miserable.

2 Likes

Oh. Oh.

And amount of hero chips from Guild Crate and VIP crate should increase a lot. And instead maybe give the 3 most recent heroes after prize wall, then the current drops are fine-ish.

oh it is happening really really fast
And I have a gut feeling that once Patched Heroes are released in December the need for spending will increase exponentially, having a ton of players leave
servers 1 and 14 will merge, with 21,23,25 soon after
and then at the end of next year (or sooner) we will get the inevitable, “no more expansion” notice.

1 Like

Especially 1 is pretty big. And I assume 21+23 would be about the same.

My guess…

1+14 merge
21+23 merge

Nothing for about half a year to 9 months…

1 + 21 merge á la Portal Quest (aka giving the players in 21 a 12-rank boost, or 12 months of double cap raises prior).

26 announced.

Then after another 9 months…

1 + 25 + 26 merge.

Inicialization of an “ending plan”.

Then like 2 years from today…

Closure announced like for Portal Quest, new project(s) are better moneymakers and thus have bigger support. End

1 Like

Speaking of merges, s13 seriously needs a merge. :grin:
Yes, the outcast server (for some reason)

If you are having trouble finishing this contest, don’t worry. Perblue is here for youuuu

Boom. Buy this deal and everything will be solved :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

8 Likes

If hero XP isn’t your thing, there’s also been frequent disk power deals that would do the trick, and more stamina deals than usual if you’d prefer to farm your hero XP that way.

I never minded the contests being pay-to-win, or even pay-to-finish-in-the-top-1%. But making it so the only way to finish the progress tiers of every contest is to start buying deals regularly? That just makes me lose what little interest I still had in the contests. But hey, less time trying to work out how to finish the contest tiers means more time to spend on stuff outside the game.

2 Likes

Well, quitting playing does give infinite time for that. Just saying, lol.

3 Likes

Would honestly like to see another badge token contest at some point

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney