This contest... this contest, just UH (Contest Talk Thread)

At first, we should get more than 300K of them per invasion :frowning:

1 Like

I still haven’t reached a million points for this contest, despite grinding, fighting, spending, grinding, raiding, grinding, and grinding.

Yet I’m in the top 5% in server 1.

Apparently PerBlue has decided that even the contest progress rewards should go only to the elite few.

8 Likes

I just reached 750K point. And I have decided to stop trying for this contest. It is exhausting chasing the impossible goal they purposely set ( I’m at top 10% btw)

But hey, I’m sure they don’t care as we don’t spend :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I finally, finally pushed through to the 1M mark. If the next Heroic Training contest has point values this low, though, I’m not bothering with it. It’s not nearly worth the effort, even when the progress prizes feature heroes I’m working on.

3 Likes

Wow. Congrats :tada::tada::tada: how did you do it then? Raid a lot?

@Loutre this really sucks. And I don’t know upon whose decision are pointing systems decided, but I guess it’s either one or a group of higher-ups. A bit sad.

5 Likes

Well the hero chips mean almost nothing so one might skip that. Would like to see better scaling though. Of all progress rewards.

1 Like

Well I finally made it in the last few hours, but if this contest ever comes again, this is not something I can do again.

I had to spend stamina on a contest where there should not be stamina spending involved. I had to use all my speed-things to get extra memories for Hunchback. Terrible things really.

And none of the things you could get points for really delivered in terms of points. There is nothing that could give a major amount of points.

So @Nugget and @Loutre time to change this for next contest. Make it that activity in a contest matters again

1 Like

At least if the team gave double ports… but nope.

5 Likes

They never want to help us in the first place. What makes you think they will give us double port event?:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

1 Like

Obviously, we all know this. Otherwise we’d already have loads of stamina.

Because liveops team does the events randomly?

Now this is hilarious :joy::joy::joy: they plan their events on purpose. There is no coincidence :joy::joy::joy:

Hardly. Because then there would be no double drops and such on FtN.

Or they plan it like that so we think it is random

Lots of gold spending on crafting and crates (though not as much as I would’ve liked on either because I burn out on those after about 15 minutes); an average of 2 shocking heists a day; buying some memories that normally I would’ve passed up; burning through 12-14 CW resets; power promoting Quasimodo to Yellow rank; and lots and lots and lots and lots of Raid All in chapters 56 and 57 with just 180-200 stamina in order to maximize my NitroXP/stamina ratio.

Seriously, if I had known how much trouble it was going to be, I would’ve waited until FtN to promote ol’ Quas and just settled for the 500k tier in this one. (Let that sink in: Fortify the Network is better than this most recent contest. And this used to be a contest I honestly enjoyed, as it was possible to advance quite nicely with Heists and City Watches.)

They have done so in the past, though unsurprisingly it’s very uncommon. They also give double badge drops and/or Buy More Stamina bonus days during FtN reasonably often, so it actually could be worse. (Obviously it could be a lot better, too…)

1 Like

I believe this contest we didnt get double drops which i didnt expect ngl.
as for the More Stam bonus i dont think there were any this week( tho i could be wrong, I dont look out for those)

1 Like

You are right, no double drops, no more stamina bonus… all were before the contest.

Honestly, with the amount of double drop bags we get these days, I don’t mind that we didn’t have double drops this time. Could just use a bag instead.

Not having the more stam bonus is more annoying, but it happens

6 Likes

@Loutre @Nugget The Progress Rewards in the contests are already very outdated and very little help, can they be doubled? They can no longer cope with everything that needs to be maintained in our heroes.

At least if they did scale with cap raises, but they don’t :frowning:

2 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney