This game is dying because lack of effort from PerBlue

I am the community lead at PerBlue and work on all games. Announced and unannounced. Broken Crown was shut down over a year ago now I believe and Math Jam was a branch out into educational games. Twisted Towers is going well and just had an update last week.

We have WAY more than that studio wide and more on DH.

1 Like

It would be really helpful to send a message over to the dev team and let them know that we kinda really do need more transparency and, for lack of a better phrase, “a peek behind the curtain,” because a lot of the doom-and-gloom speculation is coming from the fact that the dev team’s promises are vague and noncommittal and the information they’re allowing to reach us is grossly inadequate.

2 Likes

For one’s specifically mentioned in this post such as red skill economy and yellow rank balance both are still being worked on. For the complaints that it’s been taking too long fixing an entire economy and balancing something so in-depth takes TIME. We don’t want to put both of those out into the live space and have everything go horribly wrong.

We have a new system coming out VERY soon, Patched Heroes, which you’ll all learn more about soon as well. Possibly even this week.

I did post regarding the issues with bug fixes this past few weeks. We did have the week long company retreat and then unfortunately after that a lot of us did end up getting sick. Traveling from around the country and all being together is still a very easy way to get sick!

For this, I cannot be here as much anymore as I have lots of things that require my time. @Nugget is also working on multiple games. While the DH dev team is big and mighty, our PerBlue community team is small and we work on more than one game.

I’m not sure what you mean here? What do you want from the dev team? They do not communicate with the public as they are busy working on the game itself. What are you trying to get info of?

I mean, expand what you’re allowed to tell us. Right now, the dev team is a bit too secretive about everything so they don’t give you a lot of information to give us, so the playerbase gets anxious.

Things like: What are their plans for Red Skill/Battle Badge costs? How far along are they on improving game modes? Will the rate of hero refreshes increase now that newer heroes are slowing down? And so on, and so on.

We don’t know, and that’s because they don’t give you a whole lot to tell us.

4 Likes

Read all of the info and really appreciate the transparency, but yeah I do think more activity in the roadmap could help some, like existing tabs getting comments on how it is going as in that symbolizes activity and progress to us players :-).

But yeah, I think what we players mainly want is a State of the Game post in August 2020 style, this kind of transparency:

February 2020 style of State of the Game post work as well I think, but August 2020 is what we really want as it really shows us players what PerBlue have done and what they are planning, basically showing progress :-).

Edit: Good points there Zelkiiro and I agree with you there :-).

But yeah, sad to hear that some of you got sick after the company retreat :-(. Really hope you all get back to health soon.

And yeah, if possibly new and interesting news this week then I will definitely look forward to that and yeah, thank you do much for taking your time for this chat with us all, really appreciated it ^^.

1 Like

I don´t think they wanted any answer from the dev team directly, but yes there are some points that I have seen stated (not just here, but unofficial Discords that most of the active forumers here are on):

1. Many modes having virtually non-existent rewards (compared to what is needed to spend to get up somewhat) - this includes War, about 80% of Invasion, Buy More Gold, City Watch (Gold, Disk Power), Heist, Diamond Crates still giving the same things, Arena/Coliseum Challenger rewards, Prize Wall hero chips, no Mission Speed-Ups given somewhat freely etc etc.

There is just a lot to write about it, in general only like free/premium Battle Pass and Deals scale, the rest generally not and that´s worrisome to people that it´s never going to change with current pace.

1. The Halloween deals which were just the whale-haven to a degree… (cue Happy Halloween special).

So overall, it´s a matter of the players feeling that if they don´t spend they gain effectively nothing, while if they are spending they gain everything.

1. We don´t even know what field will “Yellow QoL” will improve… Megabits? Badge Crafting? Anything else? :man_shrugging:
    Red Skill Economy… well yeah, it would be a good time to start scaling Hero Chips and Red Skill Chips upon Max Server Level in Elite… like about… almost everything else.

I am sceptic only because I viewed the crafting “tree” since R19 and I am to a degree shocked and to a degree sad what the team is doing in this department. Y20 is already “yum” (awful) in that.

Thanks for the update @Loutre and I appreciate the transparency. I think we would all greatly appreciate any news and status of the MMR update since that’s been in the works for a long time.

1 Like

Exciting news! I’m getting sent all the behind the scenes specs for the War QoL updates and the Yellow QoL updates so once I finish digesting them and can get a good summary approved I can share more info.

9 Likes

Noiceeeee.

Oh nice and thanks Loutre ^^.

Really appreciate it and will look forward to be seeing the summaries :-).

Now this is interesting to wait for. But I guess I will see it tomorrow, too late here (Central/East Europe, 9:52 PM CET)

It will most likely take a week+ to actually get more info here. It’s A LOT of reading very techy stuff that I’m not 100% sure what it may mean plus getting it approved for public is another process.

1 Like

Oh. Alright.

For me a general direction would be more than enough. Whether it´s more badge crafting-related (stamina, crafting trees, maybe even chapter loot change), XP-related, Codebase/Battle Badge-related.

Don´t need any disclosed, techy, numerical stuff rn.

Because well, any play with the “expectations” we have would make for a change.
Example:
If when the Yellow QoL update is done, it will cost less stamina to craft some badges, I just will wait till it is done instead of bashingly spending stamina.
Same way with the chapter loot change if it´s even questioned.

Also similar for the others (levelling heroes, levelling/enhancing Battle Badges).

1 Like

I think the good news everyone meme could fit better here. But it’s exciting to read about it. Maybe a Game Status before the year end?

The good thing about this is that you can ask your coworkers about what’s means something you don’t understand.

And yeah I’m pretty sure it as hard as get a Disney approval.

First of all, thanks for taking the time to reply in this thread; just doing that much relieves a lot of the concerns I had.

I’ll admit that the majority of my frustration currently stems from the bugs that were introduced with the 4.3.10 patch, many of them severely impacting the usefulness of certain heroes and the effectiveness of the teams they’re used in. Knowing that a number of employees have been out this past week due to illness, in addition to the company retreat the previous week, goes a long way towards explaining why there’s been so little said about those bugs. I’m glad to hear that everyone’s well or at least almost recovered, and hope you all were able to somehow enjoy this Halloween despite being sick.

As eager as I am to see these improvements in the game, I do understand that these projects will take quite a bit of time to develop and test and refine and test again. Personally, I just hope that part of the “red skill economy” that’s being worked on is the hero chip supply; I may actually be at the point where I can get enough red skill chips for all the heroes I really want to work on, but hero chips are in short supply for many of them, and I can only imagine how severe the shortage must be for newer players who haven’t had the opportunity for all the crates us old-timers have been able to get.

That’s good to know; if it takes a week or two to get the summary, I’m OK with that. It’ll just be nice to get some information about what’s being worked on in those areas.

Again, I do greatly appreciate your responses in this thread; I’m sorry if my recent comments have been harsh, but I hope you can understand where my frustration is coming from. As worried as I have gotten at times, one belief I’ve always held is that the members of the PerBlue community and development teams do work hard and try their best; I hope things go more smoothly for y’all after this recent spate of obstacles.

5 Likes

Now this is an update we can’t wait to hear more about and this I believe is more of the transparency we all like to hear .

Just prize wall toon being introduced, cap raises without qol improvements to costs (we get it takes time, but it’s always why we ask for more guild perks even if expanded perks as a small partial relief until the permanent change is made), and toon rotation just doesn’t bring the fun and excitement I think to most, and why the Debbie downerness happens with the community.

Again thanks for the update and communication.

4 Likes

Any update on that, will be it shared possibly this week, or next week?

As there is a lot of stuff going on I’ve decided to just include it in the State of the Game post that is planned for early December

2 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney