Tragic’s Proposed Balance Changes

How did you do that?

(Reading skills in the hero chooser screen)

3 Likes

Hold the icon for 5s and the skill set will open.

just hold!

(It was surge, so I just was checking mercs.)

3 Likes

The more I work on this, the more I realize that Perblue isn’t fixing this issue. WE are. It’s there mistake, and we’re constantly fixing them. (Not that I hate this job, of course not.)

@Polaris please take these suggestions and please buff and nerf these characters!

8 Likes

Apologies for the silence the last two weeks for this topic. I’ve sort of lost motivation to do this. But I’ll finish up what I need to do for now and probably continue later.

I’m leaving Jumba, Evil Queen, and Tron as they are now, and canceling their Nerfs. Over time I’ve seen them less OP as I think they were. As long as Jumba and EQ get their damage boost reduced by 50% they should be OK.

Vanellope Refresh in the works!

1 Like

Vanellope Refresh

Vanellope is a sweet character (pun intended) that has been showing potential in her skillset, but her terrible numbers and Perblue treating Chesire as a god has been a major problem for her. What I want to do is to make her more viable for PvP without giving her an OVERPOWERED refresh. (I’m looking at you, Kimtastic.)

Stats:

•	+50% Max HP
•	+40% Basic Damage
•	+40% Skill Power

For the stat changes, she needs them, desperately. This ultimately will bring her up to speed to the more meta characters like her friend, Dash. The reason why I didn’t include reality negation will be explained later.

Skills

Lollipop Slammer

•	Increase Damage by 150%
•	Increase Splash by 100%
•	Should also knock back enemies in front on her

This skill does nothing if this practically hits like a pillow against enemies with high reality. The damage should be increased in order for this to hit like a Boulder, and it should be able to hit more enemies with bigger splash. I also added a knockback effect so that the impact is actually an impact.

Soda Geyser

•	Increase Damage by 70%
•	Increase Slows up to 75%
•	Increase slow duration by 3 seconds 

This should be like Jafar’s “Sands Of Time” but instead it deals damage instead of removing energy.

Minty Fresh

•	Increase Damage by 70%
•	Stuns the enemy for 5 seconds

This skill is just weak and bland. By adding a stun it should be more exciting.

Sharing Is Caring

•	Increase Damage by 40%
•	Now shreds enemy’s reality for the rest of the wave.

When I was making this refresh, I thought to myself: “What would be better for Perblue than to give her stinking reality negation? How about reality removal?” I feel like removal even better than negation because you’re essentially getting a two for one deal with the removal: deal more fantastic damage and shred any fantastic damage resistance. That way Perblue doesn’t really need to worry about adding Mayhem Tour ‘79 badge to Van’s kit.

Racing Ahead

•	When damaging a slowed enemy with “Soda Geyser”, she copies all disables onto nearby enemies
•	Vanellope herself is immune to all slows 
•	In addition to damaging slowed enemies, Vanellope gains 150 when an enemy attempts to slow her
•	Remove level restriction to slows
•	Level restriction should apply to amount of energy gained. (She gains 75 when being slowed by an enemy or damaging a slowed enemy above level X.

Self Explanatory.

Friendship Disks:

Dash - “Pulled A Fast One”

•	Increase Basic Damage by 250%
•	Increase damage to slowed enemies to 30% per star level with 150% more damage at 5 stars
•	Debuffs against slowed enemies last 10% (+10 per star level) longer

In comparison to the “Stronger Vs X” disks, this is pretty weak. This needs to be boosted to be up to speed with the new millennium.

Merida - “Ultimate Princess”

•	Increase Skill Power by 250%
•	Effect changed to this: “Minty Fresh” deals bonus damage equal to 10% (+10 per star level) of the enemy’s starting reality

This will give her a secondary and useful disk other than the weak one we have now. By having the bonus damage be calculated by the staring reality it’ll prevent it from contradicting with her new Purple.

9 Likes

Maybe for next time, put the original skill description in your refresh, just for comparison reasons. Other than that, good job :+1:

Don’t have the motivation to do THAT. Lol

Anyways, If you have suggestions, list them down here. Name the hero and name what needs buffing (a skill or the hero in general)

Gaston (General buff)
Zurg (General buff)
Alice (General Buff)

Friendship Disk Buffs:

dialogue_angel

Angel-Miguel “Sweet Music”

•	Blind should apply to Invisible and invincible enemies 
•	Reduce blind duration to 2 seconds per star level

What’s worse than Basil’s Randal disk you may ask? This. THIS piece of blue, limited junk. This hits a frightening limited state even worse than the Randall disk, as this applies to ONLY THREE HEROES, with one of them being berserk in another, yet again, limited disk. This needs to be more open to the more “invulnerable” heroes so that it can be used in those situations. However, the blind duration should be reduced if more heroes are affected by this disk.

dialogue_launchpad_mcquack

Launchpad-Darkwing Duck “Co-Piloting”

•	Allies should instead be immune to fantastic damage for the first few seconds of each wave.

This disk is just…why? Why does my team need to deal only fantastic damage at the beginning of each wave? This I feel like is only useful for the warehouse at the ports, allies with high fantastic crit, and against enemies with low reality. This should have a reverse effect, being immune to it instead of dealing it. That way it can prevent the dreaded “Head Toss” from murdering a teammate.

dialogue_li_shang

Li Shang-Kristoff and Sven “Keeping Your Cool”

•	Disk should affect ALL allies, not just supports 
•	Disk should also apply to more negative statuses (but not all)

confused screaming
While not as limited or bad as Basil’s Randall disk and Angel’s Miguel disk, but this is still heavily limited and overall terrible. Seriously? 90% to dodge only blinds? AND ONLY SUPPORTS CAN DODGE? I’m sorry, but what the actual heck is wrong with you Perblue? This needs to be more useful in every single possible way. The disk level effect is fine, sure, support allies gain SP and control enemies lose it, but the main effect needs a indefinite change. I figure to keep the dodge chance as it is if every ally can dodge and more negative statuses can be dodged. And only have the team dodge a few things, like armor or reality debuffs and stuff like that.

3 Likes

you literally never multiply the stats by the crit at cap… while you should

even 26% chance to crit raises the damage to 1.26x technically…

It doesn’t work like that. It’s double (the damage) or no bonus damage.

1 Like

yes, but out of 4 skills activations one instance will crit at 26% so on average it´s still 1.26x… of course, reality is 1x or 2x

helo

Yes I know I’m necroposting, but I kinda want to get back on my feet with my ideas.

If there’s any suggestions of what I should refresh/buff/nerf then let me know. I want to fix Joy’s problems ATM.

Joy’s two problems:

NOT ENOUGH HP

She doesn’t get her own purple skill buff

Oh and evasion on RS is about to become useless

1 Like

Already had that in mind

This is the dumb thing about Joy’s and Meg’s red skills

Their Evasion and Tenacity stat buff will become useless eventually :unamused:

@Polaris @Loutre

1 Like

And plus…joy’s healing is just not enough anymore for the current meta with heroes like red skill dash able to blast through your team no matter if you heal or not

Looks like it got some attention. :open_mouth:

This also includes Judy, Shego, John, and Jack Sparrow.

Their stats scales are below 1. So they will just fall below.
@Loutre?

Though I know at least Shego and Sparrow also get them from badges. That’s not the case for Joy and Meg

1 Like

But it actually could be.

There are many evasion and tenacity badges.
No idea why they gave randomly tenacity for example to Kim or Angel, or evasion to Gizmoduck or Ian. Doesn’t make sense. (There are more situations like this, just gave two per each)

Also, Ian has scaling by 1, and Shego has similar base fantastic crit :woman_shrugging:t2:

As for now, all 6 should have advanced scaling.

Slightly reduced to mentioned 4 of mine… and increases scaling to 1 per level.
And for Meg and Joy keep as it is but with increased scaling to 1 per level. Joy really needs that evasion.

Joy should start with 199 evasion, increasing by 1 per level.
Megara with 190 tenacity, increasing by 1 per level.
Judy, Shego, Jack, start with 20 normal/fantastic crit, increasing by 1 per level
John starting with 200 crit damage, increasing by 1 per level.

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney